_____ Swedish House Mafia leaves Pacha _____

danny w

i can confirm the swedish house mafia won't be hosting mondays in pacha next year. i wish them the very best in whatever they do. the times they are a changing. I'm quite excited about what we will do next summer.

i can confirm the swedish house mafia won't be hosting mondays in pacha next year. i wish them the very best in whatever they do. the times they are a changing. I'm quite excited about what we will do next summer.

Massive news! That has put the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons :eek:

i can confirm the swedish house mafia won't be hosting mondays in pacha next year.
i wish them the very best in whatever they do.
the times they are a changing ...
what happened ?

Gotta be privilege then?

I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict that SHM wont hold a residency in Ibiza as a collective next season.

Although I'd still expect them to make sporadic individual appearances as guests at other club nights throughout the season.

Just a hunch. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would guess something brand new like a Mike and Claire Manumission show
or a residency by somebody like Tiesto or Sasha:rolleyes: :)

whatever - as long as they don´t bring human toxic-white-trash-waste like paris ****ing h. :twisted:

... Not enough room for all the big egos :)
or maybe a new disco-war :?: :!: :?: :p

I would guess they think they are bigger than a club residencey and will concentrate on festival appearances and maybe 4x shows in ibiza.

cos they're thaat good

the production the Swedes like to do with their shows does suggest Privilege to me...

Well at least the place might get filled a bit more than it has been of late :!: ... and some space will be created @ Pacha. Maybe for Paris Hilton's new showcase :lol:

I'd say Privilege. Priv need someone big to help them if Tiesto definitely leaves them.

Would be a brave move but do you reckon something with Jamie Jones / Seth Troxler? Not sure if they're adequate replacements for the Swedes from a sheer crowd-pulling perspective though. Danny W hinted at wanting to work with them in this RA interview. saying their music is sexy and in fashion. Suppose it's similar to how Luciano started up but maybe they've not got quite the same following yet, or are too similar?

Interesting comments about Ibiza too if you've not listened to the interview.

Would be a brave move but do you reckon something with Jamie Jones / Seth Troxler? Not sure if they're adequate replacements for the Swedes from a sheer crowd-pulling perspective though. Danny W hinted at wanting to work with them in this RA interview. saying their music is sexy and in fashion. Suppose it's similar to how Luciano started up but maybe they've not got quite the same following yet, or are too similar?

Interesting comments about Ibiza too if you've not listened to the interview.

Been a long time lurker but got a sudden urge to post in here! I definitely think Jamie Jones fits the bill for Pacha. Read on an article, I think on Ibiza Voice, that Danny W has been looking more closely at Jamie Jones this year. He's a "cool", more underground kinda guy (although his recent productions and sets are very accessible, and would be well received by the more VIP crowd that Pacha attracts), everything he touches is turning to gold and the same applies with his label.

I can see him joining Pacha for a residency but might be a year too early for a weekly slot...maybe on alternate weeks? Also I think it would be a terrible idea to go head to head with Circo Loco and Cocoon, maybe if Morillo moved to Mondays and Jamie on Wednesdays? I really don't think Circo Loco would be worse off for losing Jamie Jones, but they would be worse off if they lost Seth in my opinion!

Jamie Jones at Pacha would be brilliant! although i doubt they would put him on the competitive $$ monday slot. I would give afrojack and Avicii alternate weeks on the Monday as Guetta doesn't need them as fire power to sell tickets at FMIF.

Back