8/31/09 - 9/2/09

purple_lean

I'm an American but prefer to call myself a Texan and this was my first trip to Ibiza. I had a nice long vacation planned out starting in Barcelona for a few days to see some old friends then moving onward to Ibiza for 9 days EDM and high risk behavior. A few months ago I was planning to go with one of my buddies but he fell through at the last minute due to a work suspense so I called up an old flame that lives in Barcelona about a week prior and she was ready.

Well, by the time I got there I had to visit her at her place because her foot was ran over by a car and broken. So... needless to say she wasn't down for the adventure. I hung out with my buddies in Barcelona for a few days as planned, met some new friends and headed out to Ibiza on the 31st. I stayed at Garbi in PDB. Nice hotel, reasonably priced for what it offered, at least in my opinion but I was not overly impressed. It seemed like one of the nicest accommodations on the Island while I was there. I got exactly what I was expecting though, no suprise or discontent. I booked through Spotlight and had a room with a decent view, better then some, but not the best directly on the beach.

I had pre-purchased tickets for Tiesto at Privlidge here on spotlight. I got myself ready after a day of drinking and sun and headed to the club around 2. I had to wait in the cue for about 15 minutes before I could get passed the crowd to the entrance for internet purchased tickets. From there I waltzed right in. Bought a couple drinks, mixed it up with some new people and headed down to the main room.

Tiesto was jammin', being an American we don't really have atmosphere like that in our Club's nor is the music that popular in my region so I guess my opinion is probably biased compared to some experienced veterans on this site. I was having a blast, I feel as if he made be a better dancer. I was so into it, only regret was I did not have a volume knob to turn it up. I tried to get up onto the main dance floor but the **** was so crowded I couldn't even stand, much less dance. Seemed that alot of people were just standing around, not dancing or what not. I guess thats the popular thing to do now? I wish they would stand on the sidelines and heed way to people diggin' the music and doing something about it.

I bought 4 rolo's off some jackoff in the club, they were bunk, I ate them all with no effect so I was pissed. I could see so many people rolling their balls off and I was envious but I should have known better then buying in the club anyways. I ended up spending about 150 euros on drinks and some whipits to get in the zone but I was disappointed with the poor state of intoxication.

I left around 6 and crashed until about 2 then was kicking it pool side at Garbi. I got some bad news from home regarding a family emergency so once again, I missed Armin van Buuren live... missed him in Zrce and in San Antonio (Tx, not Ibiza). I had to make travel arrangements to return home to attend to things so my trip was cut short. By the time I got my arrangements made it was for the next day but I didn't feel like going out so I relaxed, got some sun, bought an assload of bootleg CD's and returned home.

The reason for my post drawn out post and story is I want to give a big appreciation to both Ibiza Spotlight and Hotel Garbi. When I notified them that I needed to depart early, Spotlight gave me a complete refund short notice on the remaining 4 events I had purchased tickets I had purchased as well as Garbi giving me a refund on the remaining 6 nights I had booked and paid for upon arrival. I will definately be booking with them next season and maybe, just maybe, I will finally get to see my dude Armin wreck the dance floor. See ya next summer.

Drink Up,
Alpharma

the reason for my post drawn out post and story is i want to give a big appreciation to both ibiza spotlight and hotel garbi. When i notified them that i needed to depart early, spotlight gave me a complete refund short notice on the remaining 4 events i had purchased tickets i had purchased as well as garbi giving me a refund on the remaining 6 nights i had booked and paid for upon arrival. I will definately be booking with them next season
8)

really sorry you had to leave early. still, sounds like tiesto was fun!

the positive comments about us and the garbi are really appreciated - i'll let everyone in the office know :)

thanks

Back