500 GWR, new 'no camera' club to open in Glasgow..

Will it have to close when most clubs around the country are just getting going though? (3am IIRC) ... Is that a policy for Glasgow nightlife in general?

Will it have to close when most clubs around the country are just getting going though? (3am IIRC) ... Is that a policy for Glasgow nightlife in general?

There are some benefits in having a 3am finish. People have less time in the club so tend to go for it a bit harder than if they have 7/8 hours. Can mean a better atmosphere as there are less people pacing themselves to last the duration.

I remember at Pressure when they used to get one off extensions till 5am - after 3:30/4am it was noticeably less busy as people weren't used to it. Out of the blocks too fast and burnt out by the usual closing time.

3am in Dublin too. I prefer it like that when clubbing back home atleast. Any later and it would make going to work the next day impossible (it's already hard enough).

Valid points. I guess when your use to it you approach your nights differently! I sometimes don't even have a drink in my hand before midnight when I'm headed out in say London.

Always better to leave the club in a good mood, rather than grimly hanging on to the walls for the last tune.

Back