35 yr old male travelling alone clubbing?

This is exactly why next year will be my 4th year in a row heading to Ibiza solo!! Hoping to go twice next summer - so far I've gone for the closings but I'm already booked to touch down on June 24th for a 5 day break. May return in September too. Can't wait!!

Just want to say a big thanks to Bigmaz. I recently split up with the gf but we already had flights booked backed in Jan. I wasn't going to go and forgot all about it but then I found this thread. I'm now convinced going solo will be worth it! An inspiration mate.

Have you got any tips for best (beach)bars/clubs for going solo?

Just want to say a big thanks to Bigmaz. I recently split up with the gf but we already had flights booked backed in Jan. I wasn't going to go and forgot all about it but then I found this thread. I'm now convinced going solo will be worth it! An inspiration mate.

Have you got any tips for best (beach)bars/clubs for going solo?

What a great reply, glad my thread was able to make you to decide to go.... I spent most of my days relaxing at my hotel (showing my age) was a nice hotel, so was pretty happy doing that, and I was All Inclusive, so took advantage of that, haha!! I never ventured out till late, and hit a few bars around San An, that were offering drink deals, and then headed to the clubs. Each club I mentioned in my earlier post was amazing, met so many cool people, so friendly.... Just get out there and enjoy, I don't think there is particular places that are better than others for solo, but I might be wrong.... I am going to do West End this time, to experience it :) a few on here have arranged to meet up on the week I am going, to get a pub crawl going. Where are you going?

What a great reply, glad my thread was able to make you to decide to go.... I spent most of my days relaxing at my hotel (showing my age) was a nice hotel, so was pretty happy doing that, and I was All Inclusive, so took advantage of that, haha!! I never ventured out till late, and hit a few bars around San An, that were offering drink deals, and then headed to the clubs. Each club I mentioned in my earlier post was amazing, met so many cool people, so friendly.... Just get out there and enjoy, I don't think there is particular places that are better than others for solo, but I might be wrong.... I am going to do West End this time, to experience it :) a few on here have arranged to meet up on the week I am going, to get a pub crawl going. Where are you going?

Sounds great. I was an Ibiza virgin up until last September when the new misses took me, she's a veteran. We stayed in Ibiza Town so I thought I'd keep things familiar.

I'm only there for 3 nights in June, Sat 3 - Tue 6 and want to squeeze in quite a bit. I'm thinking Elrow opening at Amnesia as I heard it's good. Defected at Eden on the Sunday then Cocoon at Amnesia again on Monday. Then chuck in a beach bar and boat trip for the Sun & Mon daytime. Not booked anything yet mind, part of me just wants to go and see what happens rather than plan if you know what I mean.

Sounds great. I was an Ibiza virgin up until last September when the new misses took me, she's a veteran. We stayed in Ibiza Town so I thought I'd keep things familiar.

I'm only there for 3 nights in June, Sat 3 - Tue 6 and want to squeeze in quite a bit. I'm thinking Elrow opening at Amnesia as I heard it's good. Defected at Eden on the Sunday then Cocoon at Amnesia again on Monday. Then chuck in a beach bar and boat trip for the Sun & Mon daytime. Not booked anything yet mind, part of me just wants to go and see what happens rather than plan if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I am more comfortable just going and seeing what happens. Saying that, I have my main nights booked up, the rest just see. I am really lazy, so I like just sitting round the pool during the day, listening to music. So it's really just the evening scene for me.

Yeah, I am more comfortable just going and seeing what happens. Saying that, I have my main nights booked up, the rest just see. I am really lazy, so I like just sitting round the pool during the day, listening to music. So it's really just the evening scene for me.

That's fair tbh mate. I'm not far behind at 31 and it's definitely taking me longer to get over a night out. Three-day mad one is gonna kill me!

Reading this from start to finish and seeing in the pictures how much you enjoyed a solo trip has definitely got me buzzing for my first alone this August! :lol:

Haha what a thread! It's given me even more inspiration to go alone this summer. Wish I'd booked up for August so I could bump into Maz

BigMaz, this is awesome mate and given me loads of comfort. I'm coming over from OZ and my UK mates from back home have let me down literally last night..."no money"...or "mrs won't let them go" etc etc..... So I've committed to my flights from Australia and already booked Ibiza Han Solo. Arrive early on the 20th Aug and leave late on the 25th (short and sweet). Been to Ibiza a few times but never alone.......was a bit apprehensive...but now buzzing!!!!! Happy to meet any of you legends if you're there at the same time :)

If your going to San An look and need a bit of a base look out for a bar called Traffik. George the head barman/dj is a good friend of mine. Let him know that Paolo pointed you his way and he'll look after you i'm sure. Saying that I will be in around the area as we fly out on the 15th for a week.

:)

Hey George, I'm Paulo. Paolo sent me.

Eh you wot mate?

:lol:

So you have gone a couple times solo? I am looking to go solo this August but not sure where to start... You seem so confident about it!

Almost all of my Ibiza trips have been solo, and I've had a blast on every one of them -- to where I might almost prefer going solo.

What sort of questions do you have? Lodging, transportation, meeting people?

Almost all of my Ibiza trips have been solo, and I've had a blast on every one of them -- to where I might almost prefer going solo.

What sort of questions do you have? Lodging, transportation, meeting people?

On another thread I started people told me to look up your threads... Here's the deal... I am 34, hardly any travel, I am outgoing, non-awkward and can still mix it up with the best of them... I have serious time off from work every year and am wanting to go away this August for a solo trip. I figured Ibiza would be fun but have zero idea where to start. I do worry a little about being bored...

Definitely just do it mate!! I don't worry about being bored, as I am quite happy sitting about myself beside the pool having some drinks during the day, then venture out at night, and you always meet people to chat to no matter what. Being 35, I prefer a hotel I can relax in during the day, gone are the days when I don't care where I sleep, haha!! I wouldn't say I am the most social person, but by the sound of it, you really are, so you will have no problem at all!! Just book up and go!!

On another thread I started people told me to look up your threads... Here's the deal... I am 34, hardly any travel, I am outgoing, non-awkward and can still mix it up with the best of them... I have serious time off from work every year and am wanting to go away this August for a solo trip. I figured Ibiza would be fun but have zero idea where to start. I do worry a little about being bored...

My comment about Ibiza to most people is that it isn't right for everyone, but if it's right for you than it can be paradise. For me, the top draw is the dance music scene, and in that area there is no danger of being bored! Most days there's at least one evening party and one night time party I'd want to go to, and the real danger is not finding enough time to sleep. The Ibiza Spotlight Party Calendar here is a great place to look to see what's up.

I've usually stayed in Ibiza Town (Eivissa), which has an historic area and lots of shops and restaurants, or Playa d'en Bossa, which is on the beach and home (or near) clubs like Ushuaïa, DC-10, and the new Hï (formerly Space). However, it seems a lot of Brits like the pubs, restaurants, and beaches of San Antonio.

And while I've usually gone over solo (from the U.S., btw), I've met really fun people to hang with at almost every party. Most are people I never expect to see again, but a few have gone on to become good friends too. And while there are lots of young people there, I've been going in my 40's and rarely feel out of place. Most everyone seems to be there for fun, sun and partying -- and that attitude plus some alcohol (and other substances) makes for a pretty friendly crowd.

Back