23rd - 27th Septmeber!

jackmontandon

Sunday
Woke up early on the Sunday due to how excited I was, it may be my 15th trip but I still get excited like it's my first! Went and collect 3 of my mates (R, N, and D) and then waited at mine for the final member of our group (J) to come collect us and off we went. Stress free drive up there except for the fact there was 5 full grown men in a car which the windows wont open and the air con doesn't exactly work so it was a little hot, but nothing could dampen my mood for today! Got to the airport (Birmingham) and had to try and find somewhere to park, accidentally drove into the medium stay car park, noticed it would cost around £100 to stay for the four days! stuff that, realised we had gone past the point of no return so I calmly told the driver, don't worry, just enter the car park and leave straight away, the first 15 minutes should be free as all other car parks, how wrong I was! It ended up costing £3.50 for 50 seconds! Haha Eventually went to a long stay car park which ended up £53 for 4 days which was fine. Caught the free bus to the terminal and we were straight off into the departure lounge. Popped to the weatherspoon's for a burger and a pint (£15+!!!) then promptly got onto our flight which was a nice calm flight (surprising for Ryanair.) Got to Ibiza airport and was pleasantly surprised by the fact that you can walk straight into the terminal now, no more of those bloody bendy buses! Straight to the taxi rank and we were off to our apartments in san an. We stayed in the Mar I Vent apartments just round the corner from cafe mambo, I stayed there last year and although you get a few loud drunks I would recommend it to anyone, £250 all in for 5 of us to stay for four nights with air con!!

Once we had all settled into our room, R wanted to pop to mambo to see a couple of old friends so off we went. At first we thought the sunset was only seconds away so we rushed there without any drinks, upon arrival we realised it was a good 30 mins away so back to the shop for some drinks. N, J and D decided this was the best time to buy a crate of 24 koperburgs :/ this lead to D walking past all the sunset bars carrying this whole crate looking a right tit! Got a few drinks down us there (surprisingly with no moans from mambo staff.) stayed here for an hour or so then popped back to the room to freshen up. As N, J and D had never been to Ibiza before we decided tonight we should hit the West end just so they can say they've experienced the madness, and where better to start than the terrible Amsterdam bar, vile bar but nice enough people and we got a few drinks down us in minimal time. now at this point I should mention D gets drunk just by looking at alcohol, and after one cocktail and one shot had already thrown up and mentioned to me that he was a little worried at how drunk / wrecked everyone in Ibiza seemed to be getting. This was a little shock as what did he expect coming to a place like Ibiza with a group like he did!! At this point I decided it was probably best to go to somewhere a bit calmer to get us all drunk so that the west end could be handled by all. We took a stroll to Itaca, It was empty, literally about 5 people in there, which at 11pm I was a little shocked at, O well no great loss. I then let them decide where they wanted to go next, the answer was next door in the Ibiza rocks bar due to a big table being solely taken up by 2 attractive girls… Off to the toilet I went and came back to realise we had totally forget about R, he had got into a bit of a wonky mess and when I rang him he couldn't even remember his name!! Haha he's always like this so I and N went on a search to find him. Came back and D and J was sat talking to the two girls at the table, J was sat there with a drink and D was all over them, they were having none of it. Me N and R sat down and they got a lot more chatty and we had a good convo with them for half an hour or so. By this point we were all pretty dam wasted and they all wanted to have a good dance. So back off to the West End to hit up Hush, on the way however they all got distracted by a cheap drinks offer at a Scottish bar and a table full of women so we sat down with them for an hour or so, this was highly amusing as they hadn't ever sat down with people in the kind of state we were all in, I just don't think they could understand why we were all talking so much! Then we went off to go to hush, but again they were distracted by another drinks offer, at this bar we ended up loosing D, and then twenty minutes later R had become such a state again that he wondered off on his own like he always does! This time we finally made hush, J just sat there nodding his head, N wondered around the place thinking it was huge but it was simply the fact he kept forgetting he had been to the other side! I was the only one left with the energy to dance, so I jumped on the dance floor and stomped about for an hour or so. Eventually decided to leave hush, mainly for the reason the air con was set to keep the whole place cool when at full capacity but there was only about 50 people in there!!! Back to the hotel for the lovely experience of trying to get to sleep!

Monday

Finally woke up at 1pm, all of us got showered as quickly as possible and got taxis straight to bora bora to meet some more of R's mate from home, there was about ten of them and they were the biggest group of legends ever! We were getting massive 60 euro bowls of sangria, we were all pretty dam drunk by 7pm (well except for J, N and D who decided not to drink, which ended up being a pretty clever idea.) I must say I absolutely loved Bora Bora beach and for this reason I have booked up in PDB next year for the first time in 6 years!! I then went and met a friend from last year who was working for a few mins then we got a taxi back to san an. When we then decided we needed some food so we went to David's as I love the food here, as always it did not disappoint, we all had the set menu as the dishes we were after we on there. At this point it became apparent the days drinking were taking its toll on R and he was nearly asleep at the table! He left the restaurant early to try and wake himself up with a cold shower. Once all back at the room we all freshened up and popped to see Tiesto at Mambo, it was way too busy however so instead we left and popped down to itica for quiet drink to try and sort us all out. As we all sat down we all slowly started to look like we were going to nod off, not good, so a walk was needed! I recommended the first Scottish bar from last night as I new J and R had no relocation of last nights activities so it would be highly amusing when they meet the group of women we were speaking to last night again. Got there and J and R was completely shocked that a group of apparently random women new there names haha! Sat with them for a good hour or so then all of us went off to the taxi rank to get a taxi for ASOT at privilege. As we got to the taxi rank someone asked if they could share a taxi with us, we agreed, and I'm glad we did, it ended up being the organiser for the driftwood boat parties, was a nice chat on the way there! If your on here then hi! Got to privilege and waited for the rest to arrive as none of them had been there before and I couldn't wait to see there facial expressions when they walked down the stairs and saw the grand scale of the place for the first time! I wasn't disappointed, there faces were as if they had just seen a nice set of boobs for the first time, totally priceless and I wish I had recorded it! ASOT was amazing, the music blew me away and the visuals were a shore way to blow your mind if you were in the state we were all in ! (Well except D who was raving solely on the power of red bull! Mental, he keeps going longer than people there on chemicals!) Luckily even though I was a mess I managed to remember every second of the holiday unlike most of the others! Eventually decided at 5:30 when Armin finished to call it at a day and got an illegal taxi back to hotel for a quick chat on the balcony then bed!

Tuesday

Again woke up at around 1 to find R a little worse for wear, we however decided we weren't going to simply stay in all day so we went to Mambo for some lunch, I was really looking forward to this but the food wasn't to the standard I expected to be honest, never mind it filled a gap and we were ready to go off to find something to do. J, N and D wanted to go go-carting so off we popped in a taxi (why we didn't walk I don't know) got there, had a good twenty mins of karting and then we were off again, a quick walk to Lidl to get some ice cream, where a mate thought a women who was Spanish was part of atomic kitten….. Got back into San an and we had a quick walk about the shops, got a few drinks then went back to the room. Sat there with some music on and a few drinks and watched the next few hours quickly disappear we all decided to start to get ready. The next part of the night totally confuses me in why anyone would do it but it happened. D who as I've previously mentioned cant handle his drink in the slightest started to consume Sambuca at the alarming rate of 400ml within ten mins! After this we popped back to the Scottish bar to meet the women again to get ready for amnesia, got there and we found out they had got discounted wrist bands but had to be there for ten so were already there! At this point D started to see the effects of the alcohol and after another triple Sambuca has collapsed in his own vomit! Not a pretty sight and a bit wrong tbh, but funny at the same time to his expense. Dragged him back to the room and put him to bed, went back to the bar at our hotel and had a drink with some random people there. After an hour we decided to head for the Disco bus to Amnesia which was amazing due to us managing to get the whole bus to sing happy birthday for N's 18th!. Got there for around 1pm and walked straight in (we got our tickets for this night and ASOT off here and worked perfectly and effortlessly) we went straight into the main room to see Knife party playing, absolutely loved there set, the whole crowd were going mental! I then lost everyone for a good hour but wasn't that fussed in all honestly. After a few hours, which in all honestly felt like seconds, chase and status came on stage and blew my mind, I've never had such a good night in my life due to them! At 5:30 after we had seen Sub Focus for an hour we decided to leave, with R leaving with a random lady friend he had met earlier in the night! I must mention, although this was a drum and bass / dubstep night I didn't see any trouble and although the crowd was completely different to ASOT everyone was still friendly and I felt totally fine walking about on my own without any issues. We got a taxi back from here, had a chat on the balcony them went to sleep!

Wednesday

Didn't manage to wake up till about half 3 today, all got up and starting getting ready to pop out for a bit, walked down to burger king and then we finally noticed R was nowhere to be seen. We sat and ate for an hour to try and feel human again then popped back to the room. Had a little chat then decided to go try find R (not my idea, I new he would be fine and would arrive eventually) walked round for an hour then J and N started to panic and decided to go report R as a missing person! Me and D decided this was a bit extreme so walked back to the room to wait for R to finally turn up. After half an hour he arrived and I called N to let him no he was fine! Once N and J made it back we decided to go get some food, today had flown by and by the time we got to Kasabah it was 11pm, all had some food which was by far the best meal of the holiday, and then we popped back to the room to decide what to do tonight. In the end it was decided a quiet night in was the best idea as we had to be up at 8am for our flight. I was a little upset about this as I really wanted to go Sankeys tonight after how amazing it was last year, but after 3 amazing nights I realised there's always next year! D and N popped out for one last good bye to the West End then we all managed to get to sleep for 3am.

Thursday
Woke up at 8:30, checked out and got our 11:50 flight home. Got home and for some reason the usual Ibiza blues didn't hit me at all. Two days later however it hit me bad, totally vile feeling but it's the same every year, I think the delay this year is due to the fact I have September next year already booked up and have a group that want to book up 4 days for the openings!

Summary:
ASOT blew my mind, amazing night, Armin makes the night a show rather than a club night, and for this reason I pray he's there next year!
Amnesia was by far my favourite night this year even though D couldn't make it!
My love for the Island grows each visit, and although I didn't see much of the Island like I usually do I'm not that bothered as I will be back there many more times!
The group this year was also very different to what I'm used to, they were they to enjoy the place rather than because they have a massive passion for the music, this however didn't ruin the holiday in anyway, in one way it was good as they didn't argue with anything, they just did whatever I recommended which meant no arguments and no time wasted deciding what clubs to visit.
I really missed not having my brother with me, he's come for the last 5 years and it just wasn't the same without him, luckily he's booked up with me next September so this wont be an issue next time!

Ibiza, one love I will never loose!

Back