2023 Ibiza reflections

mp2018

wanted to share my reflection of 2023 visit (late September). it was our over-the-dozen’s visit to the island since 2017 , but the only one in 2023 season (had to stay at home most of the summer).

here are several reflections of our experience this year.
- airport , shops , car rental had smaller crowds in line.
- Rented a car with Recordgo. Generally happy with the price and quality of service.
- stayed at PDB , Hotel Garbi where we have always stayed ((In our opinion, the best hotel in the area). PDB is much cleaner now. the large roadside garbage bins were removed, the main street got wider which helped with the traffic .
- weather was beautiful, sunshine every day , max temperatures around 30, minimum around 23. Best time to visit
- less crowds on the streets obviously.
- we went to amnesia (twice), DC, Pacha , HI (twice) and a couple of other places .
- Amnesia won the competition for us this year as it was not overcrowded and the line ups were fantastic. We even ditched Sunday solomun for Pyramid because Pacha was impossible to move about at the Music on party.
- DC was crazy as always. Crazy in terms of overcrowding. So was Afterlife .
- Musically , we didn’t notice anything special this year , though a mix of hip hop and tech house was everywhere and sometimes annoying. These two styles in my opinion don’t bond well. I hope this fashion will go away next year .
- Paco Osuna still remains our favorite Dj and as always he delivered the best performance.
- Pacha’s water in cans is one of the reasons (the other one is overcrowding) we will go less there as they obviously try to get you to buy more . It is so against the whole vibe and culture of Ibiza.
- Security inside of the clubs were more relaxed ; didn’t see many of those guys moving around or inside the crowd. May be except for Hi.
- Quality of “energy things” went down. But at least the prices stayed the same.

Overall, we had great time , both during the daytime (mostly on the beach ) and at night. Late September- early October is the best time .
happy to take any questions:)

wanted to share my reflection of 2023 visit (late September). it was our over-the-dozen’s visit to the island since 2017 , but the only one in 2023 season (had to stay at home most of the summer).

here are several reflections of our experience this year.
- airport , shops , car rental had smaller crowds in line.
- Rented a car with Recordgo. Generally happy with the price and quality of service.
- stayed at PDB , Hotel Garbi where we have always stayed ((In our opinion, the best hotel in the area). PDB is much cleaner now. the large roadside garbage bins were removed, the main street got wider which helped with the traffic .
- weather was beautiful, sunshine every day , max temperatures around 30, minimum around 23. Best time to visit
- less crowds on the streets obviously.
- we went to amnesia (twice), DC, Pacha , HI (twice) and a couple of other places .
- Amnesia won the competition for us this year as it was not overcrowded and the line ups were fantastic. We even ditched Sunday solomun for Pyramid because Pacha was impossible to move about at the Music on party.
- DC was crazy as always. Crazy in terms of overcrowding. So was Afterlife .
- Musically , we didn’t notice anything special this year , though a mix of hip hop and tech house was everywhere and sometimes annoying. These two styles in my opinion don’t bond well. I hope this fashion will go away next year .
- Paco Osuna still remains our favorite Dj and as always he delivered the best performance.
- Pacha’s water in cans is one of the reasons (the other one is overcrowding) we will go less there as they obviously try to get you to buy more . It is so against the whole vibe and culture of Ibiza.
- Security inside of the clubs were more relaxed ; didn’t see many of those guys moving around or inside the crowd. May be except for Hi.
- Quality of “energy things” went down. But at least the prices stayed the same.

Overall, we had great time , both during the daytime (mostly on the beach ) and at night. Late September- early October is the best time .
happy to take any questions:)
It makes you wonder where this taste for hip hop has come from?

Sa Trinxa was not as rammed as usual in September ? Ok , was full for lunch
Ibiza Town was buzzing ( Best : Petite Vermouth and Croissant Show for breakfast )
Pacha was rammed ( Camelphat and Solomun ).
Bedouin was nice as ever . Changed their sound a little bit
Akasha is wonderful
Chinois is nice , too ( depends on booking )
Dont walk in anywhere, if you are drunken and you see light
Cooltoure cafe is cool
PdB is ok for staying there. Central , parking possible. A lot of things in walking distance
Paradise Lost is cool
El Olivo Mio : Good , not cheap . Not easy to get a table in a short term
Amante is nice for breakfast and coffee

Where is this Hip Hop desater coming from ?

Sa Trinxa was not as rammed as usual in September ? Ok , was full for lunch
Ibiza Town was buzzing ( Best : Petite Vermouth and Croissant Show for breakfast )
Pacha was rammed ( Camelphat and Solomun ).
Bedouin was nice as ever . Changed their sound a little bit
Akasha is wonderful
Chinois is nice , too ( depends on booking )
Dont walk in anywhere, if you are drunken and you see light
Cooltoure cafe is cool
PdB is ok for staying there. Central , parking possible. A lot of things in walking distance
Paradise Lost is cool
El Olivo Mio : Good , not cheap . Not easy to get a table in a short term
Amante is nice for breakfast and coffee

Where is this Hip Hop desater coming from ?
Feynman, thanks for these short, but helpful reviews. Will need to try some of those restaurants. We went to Bedouin too, and they had their usual sounds. How was your party ? What did you notice about changing their sound ?

We have never been to Akasha and Chinois (after rebranding), but yes some of the announced parties looked very appealing. May be next we will give it a try. So far all these years we have stuck to the usual (bigger) suspects.

Re hip hop, did you notice how much of it was present in almost all sets ? I hope 2023 was an experiment year and it will go away.

Feynman, thanks for these short, but helpful reviews. Will need to try some of those restaurants. We went to Bedouin too, and they had their usual sounds. How was your party ? What did you notice about changing their sound ?

We have never been to Akasha and Chinois (after rebranding), but yes some of the announced parties looked very appealing. May be next we will give it a try. So far all these years we have stuck to the usual (bigger) suspects.

Re hip hop, did you notice how much of it was present in almost all sets ? I hope 2023 was an experiment year and it will go away.

Maybe he played a little faster than usual. Maybe only in this set . Very nice sounds , for me. And some others here , too. Try Akasha and Chinois.
Frankie Wah at Chinois was nice.

Hip Hop : Uarghhh ( for me ). 80s Party in Ibiza is missing by me ( the dark sounds , Black clothes , mascara , you know ). Maybe there is one and I dont know.

Maybe he played a little faster than usual. Maybe only in this set . Very nice sounds , for me. And some others here , too. Try Akasha and Chinois.
Frankie Wah at Chinois was nice.

Hip Hop : Uarghhh ( for me ). 80s Party in Ibiza is missing by me ( the dark sounds , Black clothes , mascara , you know ). Maybe there is one and I dont know.
I did consider Frankie Wah , but based on some feedback from others, he is probably too commercial house for me. So we skipped his party.

I did consider Frankie Wah , but based on some feedback from others, he is probably too commercial house for me. So we skipped his party.

Depnds what is is : Commercial. Dont know , what it is. For me there is only good and bad music. But this is a special discussion.

Franky Wah is what I’d call a nu skool progressive house dj (I might have made up a new genre there!) His music therefore tends to go somewhere. Looking at your reviews, I get the impression (no criticism intended) that you are a tech house fan so that’s why you might consider it more melodic. But it’s not as in your face as someone like Prydz, and nothing like commercial djs ie. Harris, Guetta, etc.

Really good review btw. Can’t say I encountered any hip hop this year though!

Last edited:
Back