2014 The Quietest Season in the west end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the whole west end just an out dated model though, these strips full of cheesy bars offering all you can drink for x amount, is all very 80's! I remember when I first went to Ibiza, it was an 18-30s holiday, looking back it was mega cringy, but because I was young, we went along with some of their 'excursions' one of which included a bar crawl up the west end! Into one bar, stayed for 30 minutes then onto the next! It also makes me thing of a video I saw on youtube a while back, from the 80's these group of lads are on a boys holiday, shows them doing a bar crawl along the west end, then ending up (an open air!) Es Paradise singing knees up mother brown! Its all very Brits abroad on the piss, which I haven't personally got a problem with, but is that starting to lose its appeal?

To me its all a bit dated, and without sounding snobby, I feel I'm a bit above that now, I would much rather go to a nicer bar before heading out clubbing, unfortunatly, there aren't any in the West End!

I think you have brought up good points. Raised in different other posts but summarized in a more relevant manner.

San Antonio does not have much to offer if you compare it to pdb in terms of nightlife entertainment.
Not as it is. Not this summer.
Maybe new ideas need to be injected to the economic model of san antonio? . I wildly brought up some ideas as to how I thought the lack of choices for trendy spots could be improved. Given that there is apparent lack of catering towards non VIPs. However solely from an economic perspective San Antonio is old. Simply. You guys are looking at old 80s videos about how it used to be.
One of the most relevant points to take into account as you mentioned ,is that the island has seen an increase in interest from tourism that isn't necessarily usual. Not everyone is British or continental..or from the USA. Surely some of these changes however minimal will make a lasting impression in the island.

Privilege sold out one night... 150 the other night... Interesting to see how the different concepts work out. A big disappointment for those who went there to experience such a big club...just to find that there is only 150-300 people in that large building.
Hi
I'm going I San Antonio on September 25th -2nd oct,it's my 1st visit and after reading this thread I'm a bit gutted as every year I go to Tenerife and my friends just go on about how amazing Ibiza is! Please someone cheer me up and tell me I'm gonna have a wicked time! TIA xx

Hi
I'm going I San Antonio on September 25th -2nd oct,it's my 1st visit and after reading this thread I'm a bit gutted as every year I go to Tenerife and my friends just go on about how amazing Ibiza is! Please someone cheer me up and tell me I'm gonna have a wicked time! TIA xx
Trust me you will have an amazing time! Don't let this thread put you off. I went early september for my 16th visit and it was by far one the best I've ever had! The West end is such a small segment of the island, it has so much more to offer! The clubs are also busy so no panic there!

Trust me you will have an amazing time! Don't let this thread put you off. I went early september for my 16th visit and it was by far one the best I've ever had! The West end is such a small segment of the island, it has so much more to offer! The clubs are also busy so no panic there!
Thanks jackso there is still hope for me yet!! Can't wait to be honestalthough we have gone AI purely due to the prices of drinks over there! Thanks again

Thanks jackso there is still hope for me yet!! Can't wait to be honestalthough we have gone AI purely due to the prices of drinks over there! Thanks again
I have to be honest as well and when I go back in 2 weeks were goin AI as well, only because it was so short notice that I couln't save the required money to go self catering as usual! Will still be doing 4 club nights tho!

I have to be honest as well and when I go back in 2 weeks were goin AI as well, only because it was so short notice that I couln't save the required money to go self catering as usual! Will still be doing 4 club nights tho!
Ha ha yeah same here!! 4 nights of clubbing and 3 days of recovery! Might have to leave a day in between each session though as I'm not as young as I used to be lol! Enjoy your hols!

You will have a brilliant time Julie smiley, its beats Tenerife hands down. Ive been Ibiza numerous times and for me it gets better year on year. Im out there again 24th to 28th sept, cant wait.:)

Is it just me who would like 5 minutes in a locked room with Gary Crowley and a hammer?
Who is he?

That vid reminds me of my first visit in the 80s, , people getting locked up for doing very little wrong, , when we checked in to our hotel a girl came in with a broken nose, she had jumped in a cop car thinking it was cab and the cop snotted her,

I remember trying to smuggle girls in to the hotel was almost impossible, is it still like that here, my wife won't let me try anymore.

Arr happy memories

Last edited:
I'm just back from 11 nights in San Antonio, thought it was busy. Done ocean beach, creams bday, radio 1 Ushuaia, radio 1 cream, Carl cox space, pacha, hardwell, mambo and bora bora. Mambo was bunged every night, space u couldn't move as was pacha. The essential mix was over sold by 8000 tickets, a great night, cream sold out. Seemed same as any other year I've went at same time

Back from 7 nights in PDB.

Went to San An Bay for Pukka Up pre Together boat party on Tuesday, was pretty busy at Itaca by around 5 when we left, when we got back around 9 it was really busy.

Went to Ibiza Rocks for W.A.R Friday, West End seemed very dead on the way to Ibiza Rocks around 9.30 when West End should be pumping. When we left at midnight it was like a ghost end, I don't know where people went after the gig but all the bars were very quiet. Was kicked out of a bar around 3am so they could close. Didn't venture to San An Bay that night so can't compare.

Clubs were all very very busy, as were pre bars in PDB. I think its fair to say the West End is struggling, but i wasn't there every night, all night so i can't say for certain

I'm just back from 11 nights in San Antonio, thought it was busy. Done ocean beach, creams bday, radio 1 Ushuaia, radio 1 cream, Carl cox space, pacha, hardwell, mambo and bora bora. Mambo was bunged every night, space u couldn't move as was pacha. The essential mix was over sold by 8000 tickets, a great night, cream sold out. Seemed same as any other year I've went at same time
Hi bolts boy!
So all the clubs and bars you mention,are they all in San Antonio?? Sounds wicked!

Hi bolts boy!
So all the clubs and bars you mention,are they all in San Antonio?? Sounds wicked!

Went to San An Bay for Pukka Up pre Together boat party on Tuesday, was pretty busy at Itaca by around 5 when we left, when we got back around 9 it was really busy.

Went to Ibiza Rocks for W.A.R Friday, West End seemed very dead on the way to Ibiza Rocks around 9.30 when West End should be pumping. When we left at midnight it was like a ghost end, I don't know where people went after the gig but all the bars were very quiet. Was kicked out of a bar around 3am so they could close. Didn't venture to San An Bay that night so can't compare.

Clubs were all very very busy, as were pre bars in PDB. I think its fair to say the West End is struggling, but i wasn't there every night, all night so i can't say for certain

Hi pacha!
I've heard a lot of people mention the west going downhill now,think I may try just one night there for the experience but that's probably it unless it's amazing as I've heard it used to be!

Hi boltys!!

Hi pacha!
I've heard a lot of people mention the west going downhill now,think I may try just one night there for the experience but that's probably it unless it's amazing as I've heard it used to be!

It could be really good some nights, i wasn't there long enough to see it all. But from what i saw the party seems to have moved down on to the bay/sunset strip. Its still Ibiza, there's still nowhere like it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back