2014 season so far

thanks McR!

in short:

july arrivals 1.130.735 passengers --> 7.3% more than last year and a new arrival record
2014 accumulated (jan-jul) 3.269.981 passengers --> 7.6% more than 2013.

thanks McR!
july arrivals 1.130.735 passengers --> 7.3% more than last year and a new arrival record
2014 accumulated (jan-jul) 3.269.981 passengers --> 7.6% more than 2013.
nightmare

"...
Hotel occupancy July equals the same month in 2013 in Ibiza

Ibiza Occupation of the hotel industry during the month of July was almost exactly the same as that recorded in the same period last year, as evidenced by statistics released yesterday by the Association of Hoteliers in Ibiza and Formentera (FEHIF ), yielding a meager change of -0.1% in the whole of the Balearic Islands. In Ibiza fell 0.4%, although in Formentera rose 3.4%.

These figures represent a break in the pace of progressive increases experienced by the hotel occupancy from start of the season, as both May and June were recorded strong gains.

For areas up to the consecrated family holidays (Santa Eulalia and Sant Joan), with 1.6% and 2.2% increase, respectively, while all other down, highlighting the coves of Sant Josep West (Cala Tarida and Cala Vedella), a drop of 3.4%. Sant Antoni Bay viewed reduce the number of customers by 2.3% over the previous year.

As regards the area of Ibiza (which includes Playa den Bossa and Talamanca), during the month of July there was a decrease of 1%, according to the statistics.

According to the report provided by the airport, the
number of British arrivals to the island in July increased by 3.30%, while the UK rose by 1.9%. The Italians experienced a sharp rise, namely 12.6%, as the Dutch, which grew by 13.8%. They reached 7.5 percent more than Germans, for their part, the Russians, belying the favorable expectations, fell 58%, while a new market appears: the Finn, who sent Ibiza in July to 586 people from only eight of the previous year.

Moreover, when analyzing the evolution of the season so far this year shows that the increase in employment in the period between January and July (inclusive) was 2.4% for the whole of the Balearic Islands . In Ibiza has been 2.3% and Formentera, 5.6%. These increases are mainly from the strong gains experienced in the months of May and June.

Considering the full year, the tourist areas that better results were obtained in hotel occupancy have been Santa Eulalia, an increase of 5.15%, and Ibiza, with 3%.

For the month of August, the president of the hotel employer, Juanjo Riera, forecast an occupancy rate of between 94 and 95%, ie, almost the same as in previous years.
..."

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...upacion-hotelera-julio-iguala-mes/712755.html

I think I could give a quick and a nice review about my time spent in Ibiza..

this is my 4th season staying for 21 nights, finishing them on Friday.

attended 3 cocoons, 2 enters, the third tomorrow, 1 full on (went for aly&fila), 1 carola, 2 carl cox, and 2 solomun.

my biggest issues is the overcrowded clubs, but what surprised me is that there is no one rule for a crowded party, the first carl cox was 100% filled up but yesterdays was okay, at least you can move around from one point to the other.

amnesia party's were great, sven is doing great, carola was amazing.

enter is the big new thing in Ibiza, good line ups and Richie knows what to play when.

again, Ibiza is not for trance!!! I went to full on for aly&fila , but got to listen to 40 mins of ferry playing, in which I didn't recognize 1 trance tune being played!!! sunk- 0/10! stayed for 1.5 hrs and left.

destino is a great place.

the other side of Ibiza is beautiful, the beaches the bars, it is simply amazing.

drinks @ club a little bit expensive, but again it depends on how many hours you spend @ a club.

'beachhouse on the NORTHERN tip of playa d'en bossa' - yeah right.

Not just once either - made a big thing of it :rolleyes: ... so much free champagne on the boat that they can't even tell their North from their South !!!

Hi everyone,

So, I understand San Antonio is much more quiet than other years this year, apart from Ocean Beach club and sunset bars. How about Es Paradis ?
I'll be on the island at the end of September and was planning to do a San Antonio day on Friday september 26th, with the closing of Ocean beach club pool party, preparty in the center and then the Fiesta del agua closing party.
Is it a bad idea ?

Thank you !

Last edited:
Just got back and the West end was far from dead, felt hardly any different to any other year!! Ibiza itself felt rammed, like it was August!

Back home since yesterday :(
It was my 5th time Ibiza....and it was by far the best!
Me and a friend rent a villa with our girlfriends. Chilled at our pool, chilled on several beaches and Ibiza Town etc etc.
On wednesday we went to Tini and the Gang at Sands...great party! Off course we didn't want to go home yet, so we went to Sankeys without the girls. Never been there before and we didn't know who was playing but it was awesome! Sidney Charles and DJ Sneak on the decks, f*ck yeah.
On friday we went to Music On...best night of my life. Long story short: we raved till 9 in the morning and suddenly we were on a afterparty @ l'Elephant. Joey Daniel (also from Holland) was playing. At 4 in the afternoon we decided to take a taxi back to our villa and girlfriends. What a night and day.
Last party was La Familia @ Ushuaia with our girls. Great party! Really good sets of Derrick Carter and Joris Voorn b2b Nic Fanciulli.
I wanna go back!

best ibiza-disco-campaign 2014 ?
=》 probably suara's KITTIESWANNADANCE

worst ?
maybe guetta's college-garbage (or however it was called ...)

newest update in terms of number - august had a staggering 9% MORE arrivals than august 2013.

keep on saying it, it's the busiest season the island as a whole has ever seen.

I just got home. Majorly depressed. The US really sucks compared to Europe. We made a couple of stops before Ibitha in Madrid and Valencia.

We work so hard and long, our women look nothing like yours, our quality of food is terrible. People from other countries were def cooler with me this year then years past. I think it def had to do with it being September. I feel a big difference between the States and Europe is we have this enormous pressure of growing up at certain age and starting a family and stuff like ibiza is childish.

The music this year was better. Hawtin was ehhh not great but not terrible. Closed it out nicely. They seemed to be going for a melodic feeling and I was not feeling it. Bring the pain and nothing else. Enjoyed Dc10 and Carola f***ing destroyed Amnesia. Our villa was awesome and no one played any games with security. The company name is villa rental ibiza. Hit up a few local beaches this year vs the hotel beaches in years past. Much nicer.

Party favors this year were ten times better. I def have needed 5htp because I have been crying at anything that is remotely sad.....lol

We spent our last day at Oroso hotel and thought San ANtonio would be quiet. I honestly was disgusted by San Antonio. The Northern English were f***ing maniacs and piss wasted every where I looked. We found a bed bug in the bed room and left. Went and got a room in PLaya Den Bossa. It seems a lot of people like San Antonio but I will never be back. I thought it was a dump and for kids that dont have the money to spend on better hotels.

All in all I had such an amazing time and I wish I traveled more when I was younger.

am i wrong or are there quite a number of parties closing earlier than originally planned ??

Back