2009 Preview Part 3 - Amnesia strike again, San An Boho chic, dc10 thieves+guess who?

"...
... Amnesia ... special anniversary event they are planning in August,
... will feature one of the UK's most celebrated dance acts.
At this point I’d love to tell you who it is, but then I’d not be around
to see the event myself as I’m sworn to secrecy.

But, come on, UK dance act,
there’s not too many to guess from is there??!!
..."
... UK dance act ... UK dance act ... UK dance act ... hmm ...
az73hv.jpg

... maybe these guys ??

"...
... Amnesia ... special anniversary event they are planning in August,
... will feature one of the UK's most celebrated dance acts.
At this point I’d love to tell you who it is, but then I’d not be around
to see the event myself as I’m sworn to secrecy.

But, come on, UK dance act,
there’s not too many to guess from is there??!!
..."

... UK dance act ... UK dance act ... UK dance act ... hmm ...
az73hv.jpg

... maybe these guys ??

i deserve every insult in the world, kick or anything...but who are this 2 guys?....:oops:

The Prodigy???

That would be awesome but they always said they would never play Ibiza - Liam Howlett has said in recent years that he'd like to bomb the White Isle :eek:

and later was quoted as saying this-

''That kind of Ibiza music, that sh*t that Pete Tong plays, I hate that sh*t. I sound like my dad, but it's f*cking music by numbers. The lack of imagination does my brain in. Like, if I'm in a petrol station and the dude pulls in with his f*cking shades and his nice shirt and his car stereo playing his Ibiza music, it just f*cking irritates me. They're so f*cking annoying. It's so stale, something needs to poke out.''

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2004/aug/20/popandrock.prodigy

nice one review, seems like in a couple of years amnesia will be the busiest club on the island if not already :)

im kinda feel sorry for space - looks like it's really dieing and i dont think it's fare since it's a great club, it's just a pity that there are no more other solid parties like we love and carl cox there...

btw, it's funny that Be @ Space is confirmed to thursdays coz its no way they can "fight" the Cream... strange thing - i would prefer them being on Friday...

as for Monza - they r actually look more confident "against" the Cream since the success in 2008 season...
we'll c what will happen - gonna be interesting :)

any other opinions?...

Well The Prodigy were @ Amnesia in 1991!

That was a long time ago - and a very different sounding Prodigy! To be honest I couldn't see them playing at this stage in their career with the music they play today.

Who else have we got?

Faithless? Groove Armada Live?

Maybe GA but I think it could well be the Jaxx!

btw, it's funny that Be @ Space is confirmed to thursdays coz its no way they can "fight" the Cream... strange thing - i would prefer them being on Friday...

Would they be busier up against Pure Pacha and Wonderland?

as for Monza - they r actually look more confident "against" the Cream since the success in 2008 season...

I don't think most of the Monza crowd would go near Cream and vice versa! Totally different styles of music and DJ's that play at each party.

Its funny people are mentioning the Prodigy, I've been dreaming about seeing them play at Privilege. Theres no way they could get away with Amnesia, they need a big space and Privilege suits them perfectly. Big and dark.

On saying that, if they were to announce a gig in Ibiza, I'd be the first person to arrange flights there and back. I saw them last month and it was one of the best things I've seen, hard to compare to Ibiza because its so different.

I've got a feeling it'll be these guys..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV9HUFZd8Dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQybaY1CdWs

The Prodigy are amazing, but I cant see them playing Amnesia... BasementJaxx seems a bit obvious tho... seeing as there playing the IMS

As for the Space vs Cream coments... I dont see parties as 'vs' so much. I went to the Cream Opening in 2007, and absolutley hated it, we got there around 4am and we were gone by 5... but thats just my opinion and taste.
Parties swap and change all the time... im sure eventually new parties will come out the woodwork...
Space losing Matinee is sad news to me, as I have been to Matinee parties at other places and they were never as good... I hope that they can pull off Amnesia!!!

Back