1st time in Ibiza, going alone, girl - please give suggestions

Daniellalalala

Hello everyone! My 2 friends bailed on me. I am probably going alone. What is the best part of town to stay in for a girl, convenient to beach and going out?
How much can I expect to pay for beach, drinks, club entry?
And is it easy to meet people there to hang out with?
Any tips much appreciated!
Love from NYC!

Hello everyone! My 2 friends bailed on me. I am probably going alone. What is the best part of town to stay in for a girl, convenient to beach and going out?
Love from NYC!

Greetings,

The biggest questions you need to answer first are: What's your budget and when are you planning to go? Hotels and clubs are the most expensive in August, so determining when you go and your budget will determine where you can stay.

Hello everyone! My 2 I have got to know on this site, stay in pdb, when you thinking of heading out? Xriends bailed on me. I am probably going alone. What is the best part of town to stay in for a girl, convenient to beach and going out?
Love from NYC!
Love from NYC!
Heading out solo to, sun 20th-thurs 24th sept but up with another soloist i

Hi Daniellalalala :) Ibiza costs as much as you want it to. There are all inclusive hotels which cost 50-100 euros a night, and include breakfast/lunch/dinner plus limited alcohol through the day, all the way through to Hard Rock/Ushuaia. August tends to be busy and pricier.
San Antonio & Playa Den Bossa are the two main party hubs - I'd recommend Play Den Bossa on Bora Bora beach, slightly older and classier crowd.
The super clubs are not cheap, standard 30-60 euros entry and pricy drinks. Check out places like DC10, Sankeys, Pikes for a cheaper night out.
In terms of meeting people I can't really comment - I went in a big group last year and mostly clubbing. It's probably easy to meet people in the bars, and potentially where you're staying.
When are you going? I'm going with a friend next week.

Love from NYC!

Hi Daniella - basically for beach and going out I can highly recommend Figueretas close enough to Ibiza town for daily shopping,eating, visiting Castle, marina and many more attractions, for a relaxing break Figueretas is close or even right next to beach for some hotels in there,also for walking distance you can reach Playa den bossa beach as well, depends on who likes what to do. I stayed in San Antoni, Playa and Figueretas and this year we chooice again 3th option. At the end of the day everywhere is nice! but also is depend of your budget like Pizzaman said. In San Antoni you can get resonable good hotel cheaper comparing to playa den bossa or figueretas, but if you are keen for events in Space, Ushuaja, Destino, DC10 or Pacha you have to consider your accomodation in Playa d'en Bossa or Figueretas otherwise you gonna have to travel by taxi or disco bus to other side of Island.

1.Club entry you can get online package cheaper ( I will send you link on priv ) also you can buy tickets in most of the ticket points on Island, some shops etc.If you know exactly which party you go better get tickets online. Prices are from 40e/55e or 80e, but usually not more than 55e for famous event. There is some early bird tickets even half price sometimes but you have to get in to the club earlier and beetwen hours.

2.For beach there is no fee, unless you want to stay in some beach bars or restaurants on the sand, on public beach only fee is for sunbead to hire from 10 to 15e per day.

3.Drinks like vodka lemon will cost you up to 15 € in a club, or 10 € in Ibiza Town or one of the pre-club bars. A beer (or water) will cost you up to 10-12 € in a club. That's why is so important to meet Ibiza live before clubbing and have some drinks in cheaper bars and restaurants or simply just from shop and enjoy them on the beach or in the hotel, thanks to do that you can later easier focus on party with maximum 2-3 drinks inside;) depend how much you need:p In my room I always keept sex on the beach in bottle which I paid in shop 20e only or Jack Daniels 0.7 for 20e as well and I always had some drinks before party:lol:

4. Ibiza is full of nice people ready to hang with,but like everywhere in the world is good to be careful at all time and better hang with bigger group, meet somebody during day in normal circumstances instead inside clubs, but of course there is no rule!

Just simply check out this forum and try to match up to people here. Don't hesistate to contact me if you need some more or detailed information. All the best:)

Greetings,

The biggest questions you need to answer first are: What's your budget and when are you planning to go? Hotels and clubs are the most expensive in August, so determining when you go and your budget will determine where you can stay.
Thanks so much! Probably 2 week of August

Greetings,

Thanks so much! Probably 2 week of August
NYC too. Heading to IBZ in September. When do you plan on going?
August!
Hi Daniellalalala :) Ibiza costs as much as you want it to. There are all inclusive hotels which cost 50-100 euros a night, and include breakfast/lunch/dinner plus limited alcohol through the day, all the way through to Hard Rock/Ushuaia. August tends to be busy and pricier.
San Antonio & Playa Den Bossa are the two main party hubs - I'd recommend Play Den Bossa on Bora Bora beach, slightly older and classier crowd.
The super clubs are not cheap, standard 30-60 euros entry and pricy drinks. Check out places like DC10, Sankeys, Pikes for a cheaper night out.
In terms of meeting people I can't really comment - I went in a big group last year and mostly clubbing. It's probably easy to meet people in the bars, and potentially where you're staying.

Thanks so much! I checked out Hard Rock, prices start at 700/night (euros). I wasnt looking to spend more than $200 per night....All else is ok with me for going out prices...I will know in a day or two the exact dates, but I need to be back in NY 23rd latest. So chances are I will come between 11/12th for about 4/5 days.

For $200 USD in August, it would be tough to get that price in Playa d'en Bossa unless you stayed at Bossa Park or some place similar. Ushuaia, Palladium, and other similar hotels in PDB would be a no go for that price range. Best case scenario for your budget would be to stay in San Antonio and just utilize the bus system to hang out in PDB during the day and night. Just my two cents though. I've always paid the higher premium to stay in PDB for the convenience, but have also never traveled at the peak time (August). Good luck!

Hi Daniellalalala, if you need help looking for accom within your budget check out www.booking.com . You can filter all your searches by which area of Ibiza you'd like to stay in and then find something within your budget. There are some places that go for 100 - 140e a night which aren't too bad considering you may just be sleeping in there, most of the time you could potentially be in bars, beaches or clubs so why spend so much for place you are not gonna make use of?

Il be there between the dates of 6 - 12th Aug. Hopefully catch you in Ibz between those dates.

For $200 USD in August, it would be tough to get that price in Playa d'en Bossa unless you stayed at Bossa Park or some place similar. Ushuaia, Palladium, and other similar hotels in PDB would be a no go for that price range. Best case scenario for your budget would be to stay in San Antonio and just utilize the bus system to hang out in PDB during the day and night. Just my two cents though. I've always paid the higher premium to stay in PDB for the convenience, but have also never traveled at the peak time (August). Good luck!
Yes clearly i just found out exactly what you wrote....Thank you! Any local sites you can suggest? I used Kayak and Agoda...no luck

Yes clearly i just found out exactly what you wrote....Thank you! Any local sites you can suggest? I used Kayak and Agoda...no luck

How fasr is Ibiza town from PDB?

great thread, nice to see people helping each other. nice one guys :)

just one thing...

I'd recommend Play Den Bossa on Bora Bora beach

no beach in ibiza is called bora bora beach. sorry to be picky, but the resort name is simply playa d'en bossa, same name as its beach.

slightly older and classier crowd.

don't really agree on this, especially the 'classy' part.

but still - PdB is a convenient place to stay. three clubs in walking distance, a long beach right on your doorstep and ibiza town is 5 mins by taxi (or a nice but rather long walk!).

NYC too. Heading to IBZ in September. When do you plan on going?

I have a deadline to be back to NYC BY August 24th...I want 5 days any time before August 24th. Having a hard time finding a place to stay close to the action...

Thanks soo much. I want to do 5 days any time before August 24th. Need to be back to NYC on 24th.

I have a deadline to be back to NYC BY August 24th...I want 5 days any time before August 24th. Having a hard time finding a place to stay close to the action...

that's because you've left it pretty late with booking and you're looking for absolute peak season dates! a few friends of mine also just decided they want to come for a few days and haven't found anything reasonable at all in terms of prices

if you struggle to find something very close to the action don't be put off to book something a bit further out - ibiza is really small and if you're not up in portinatx/san carlos/es canar, then most places are a 20min taxi ride away at a push.

other than pdb, i think that figueretas, ibiza town, talamanca and of course also san antonio and san antonio bay are good places to stay.

great thread, nice to see people helping each other. nice one guys :)

just one thing...

no beach in ibiza is called bora bora beach. sorry to be picky, but the resort name is simply playa d'en bossa, same name as its beach.

don't really agree on this, especially the 'classy' part.

but still - PdB is a convenient place to stay. three clubs in walking distance, a long beach right on your doorstep and ibiza town is 5 mins by taxi (or a nice but rather long walk!).

Ah i stand corrected on both counts! The second comment was purely on my own experience but that's really quite limited ;-)

How fasr is Ibiza town from PDB?

I scored a pretty good deal at Palladium Palace in September on Orbitz using a 15% off code (got six nights all-inclusive in September for $1150 USD including all taxes). I think they will be the best best if you're looking in PDB. For San Antonio, the options are limitless: Expedia, Kayak, Booking.com...heck you may even want to check and see what deals are on Ibiza-Spotlight.com. For my first trip in 2009, I booked all of my hotels through Ibiza-Spotlight and had no issues whatsoever, and got pretty competitive rates.

As for your other question -- Ibiza Town from PDB is maybe a 10 min taxi ride, if that, depending on which part of PDB you're staying. PDB is pretty long (several miles), with the south end bounded by Palladium Palace hotel and the north end, is essentially Figueretas, and from there you could actually walk to Ibiza Town. If you don't want to take a taxi, just take Bus 14 to Ibiza Town from anywhere in PDB, I think it's like 1.9 euros each way and only takes a little bit longer than a taxi.

Plaja den bossa good choice to stay but not easy to find bugget hotel in peak sesson (August) with last minutes booking. So early reservations save life. :)
But its not a big isssue. Ibiza is not a big island. Bus system is also work well. You can use bus and save cash to another things.

Back