££££££££

S

showtime

WHAT IS THE BEST TO TAKE ?

EURO TRAVELLER CHEQUES
( DO YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU TO CASH OR SPEND THEM )

OR TO USE DEBIT CARD
( ARE THERE PLENTY OF CASH MACHINES ABOUT ) :confused:

there are cash machines all over the place. no need for travellers cheques. didn't know folks still used um

If your card gets stolen or u lose it u will b f**ked. Travellers cheques are the safest bet.

ian_jamsie said:
If your card gets stolen or u lose it u will b f**ked. Travellers cheques are the safest bet.

What about if he loses his Travellers Cheques?

What about if you don't have any Euros in your bank account? Will they exchange your currency for euros ie. Canadian money ---> Euros? That would be a massive exchange rate, I would think.

or what if he brings both and loses them both, and all his money, and his plane tickets and passport.
my advice is don't come you could lose everything.
only joking
djb
just do what you think is right - the worst you can do is make a mistake.

I'm off to Ibiza next Saturday and am going for the Debit card option. It is much easier to use the ATM's than it is to fiddle about with travellers cheques. And most banks exchange rates are very competitive with little, if any commission being charged for withdrawls.

Cheers

Paolo

What about if he loses his Travellers Cheques?[/quote]

If you write down codes to the travellers cheques somewhere else and you phone through and state the codes you will be able to pick new ones up from the bank the following day. It takes 7 Days for a new card to be send through.

Take Travellers Cheques. Not question about it they are the safest way to deal with money overseas. Now you really would be pissed if the cash machine swallowed your card!?!?

Use a debit card - be honest - how many times has a machine swallowed your card?? Exactly!

And imagine the hassle of reporting lost/stolen travellers cheques when you've been out caining gear... :cry:

info folks hot of the press,

I was talking to the lady at my HSBC bank who i've know for a while and she informs me that it works out cheaper for ppl to use there cash card in the machine as long as you draw large amount out. you will be charge a small handling charge for using the hole in the wall machine but overall it works out cheaper. This has only come into play since the euro's came in. So don't both get all those euro's from your bank just take your card guy's and spend spend spend!!!!!"

Ibiza isn't wild west!

The easiest and cheapest way to get money in a foreign country is to go to the atm.
But from time to time a atm gives You no money, because he is empty, but that's normal and You will not have a debiting on Your account.

I have always taken travel cheques but have thought about taking my bank card this year.

With the comments I have read, I assume it is cheaper? Has anyone done this and do they know rates etc?

I take cash, travellers cheques, debit and credit cars.

I take a bit more cash than I think I'll need for the first 2/3 days, then change a set amount ot Travellers Cheques every day an use my cards as and when I need to.

But this year, my spending money for the second week will be pretty much all from ATMs becasue I get paid half way through my holiday.

I'm taking it that the machines dish out euros even tho my account is an english account?

i've found that the exchange rate on euros taken out of cash machines is better than you will get at any bank/bureau de change. :rolleyes:

Cash Machines

TAKE YOUR BANK CARD! when i went to Tenerife last year, it was a lot cheeper to withdrawl from an ATM than to change into theit currency!

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!!!!!
Chris :D

It has nothing to do, if You have an account with a other currency. You will get Euros at the atm and the debeting on Your account is n Your normal currency.
But the exchange rate at the atm is better, because it's the exchange rate for deposit money.

Please take a look at the article named pick pockets in the "parties and clubs" forum.

Beware the law of the sod.

I just take a lot of cashes and a debit-card to play safe, u never know how much exactely you gonne spend ;)

Back