13-20 August

Scoobie

As I've been looking at the site for a few months and not posting I thought it would be rude not to post a review of my time in Ibiza.

Arrived 13/8 at Es Vive for a week. I know some people aren't keen on Es Vive, but I have to say I thought it was excellent. The guests were all a bit older, which was great for us oldies! Really relaxing place to be, and didn't have to worry about scaring small children round the pool after a night out :eek:

On the Wednesday night we thought we'd have a quite one as we had been travelling all day and were a bit tired, so just went into town to get some supplies and came back to the hotel. then made the ridiculous decision to sample quality and so were recked to next day.

Thursday - went to Ministry at Pacha. I had heard it was a really expensive night, but we only paid 35E for our tickets. Great night, good crowd (although it was heaving in there, and in Pacha that always leads to bottlenecks which can be a bit annoying). Finally found the funky room, but found the music in there a bit too tribal/drums for my liking, although that might just have been the night I was there, as other people have said good things about it. I know everyone says it, but the drinks prices in Pacha are just ridiculous. 8E for the smallest bottle of water I have ever seem - one gulp and its gone. Also noticed that they are now selling pizza slices on the roof terrace (quite frankly the LAST thing I want when clubbing!) and wondered how much they were. I recon 10E

Too mashed to do anything the next day and so just relaxed.

Saturday - Went to Hed Kandi. If you stay at Es Vive you get free enterance which is always a bonus. this was my first time in El Divino, and I have mixed thoughts about it. The music was excellent (apart from whoever was playing the cheesy stuff when we first got there) but the clientele were a little dubious. lots of beer lads in big groups behaving in preditory fashion and girls in lycra boob tubes a number of whom were quite unwell in the ladies - nice!. Thankfully they all left by about 3.30, but they were giving dirty looks to those who I think they presumed to be 'druggies' which didn't help the atmosphere.
Also annoyed that about half the club seemed to be roped off for the VIP area. Its quite a small club so this meant that until they had cleared all the tables from the restaurant (which didn't happen for ages) there was really nowhere to sit. but still a great night.

Sunday - off to Space. Having heard that it was all kicking off later this year, got there for about 5pm, and the place was absolutely packed. Tried to find some people, but gave up after 30 mins. Was a little worried about seeing Morillo - I saw him at subliminal last year, and he was brilliant, but had heard bad things recently. thankfully no need to worry. Began his set mixing on 3 decks, winding the crowd up. Everybody was going mental. Played a fab set, really eclectic including stuff like song 2 and a great daft punk remix. However, we were suffering a bit and had to call it a day at 11.

Unfortunately I woke up with Ibiza flu on Tuesday and so couldn't face any more big nights out, so we went for a meal at Sa Torreta in the old town. Really good, and we asked to waiter if he could recommend a wine for us and he brought the most fantastic wine, which was really reasonably priced. Its also in a really nice location. highly recommend.

I have spent the last week in a fluey state of depression, questioning why exactly I live in this country and trying to work out how long it is until the opening parties next season. Will defo be going twice next year.

Have also decided that we wil have to go to Underwater at the End on Saturday to try and cheer ourselves up.

Hed kandi crowd sounds dodgy! Hope its better when i go!

Interesting name, you use Snet?

The day we went was the day of the MTV party, so I think maybe ther ewas a lot of people who had been there all day on the beer. Hopefully it was just the day we went. They do clear off after a while, so it sin't a problem all night, and I guess in one of the larger clubs you wouldn't notice it so much.

Nope don't use Snet!

Scoobie said:
Unfortunately I woke up with Ibiza flu on Tuesday and so couldn't face any more big nights out, so we went for a meal at Sa Torreta in the old town. Really good, and we asked to waiter if he could recommend a wine for us and he brought the most fantastic wine, which was really reasonably priced. Its also in a really nice location. highly recommend.

This is my one of my favourite restaurants on the island. Planning to go there at least once in September!

Scoobie said:
As I've been looking at the site for a few months and not posting I thought it would be rude not to post a review of my time in Ibiza.

Arrived 13/8 at Es Vive for a week. I know some people aren't keen on Es Vive, but I have to say I thought it was excellent. The guests were all a bit older, which was great for us oldies! Really relaxing place to be, and didn't have to worry about scaring small children round the pool after a night out :eek:

On the Wednesday night we thought we'd have a quite one as we had been travelling all day and were a bit tired, so just went into town to get some supplies and came back to the hotel. then made the ridiculous decision to sample quality and so were recked to next day.

Thursday - went to Ministry at Pacha. I had heard it was a really expensive night, but we only paid 35E for our tickets. Great night, good crowd (although it was heaving in there, and in Pacha that always leads to bottlenecks which can be a bit annoying). Finally found the funky room, but found the music in there a bit too tribal/drums for my liking, although that might just have been the night I was there, as other people have said good things about it. I know everyone says it, but the drinks prices in Pacha are just ridiculous. 8E for the smallest bottle of water I have ever seem - one gulp and its gone. Also noticed that they are now selling pizza slices on the roof terrace (quite frankly the LAST thing I want when clubbing!) and wondered how much they were. I recon 10E

Too mashed to do anything the next day and so just relaxed.

Saturday - Went to Hed Kandi. If you stay at Es Vive you get free enterance which is always a bonus. this was my first time in El Divino, and I have mixed thoughts about it. The music was excellent (apart from whoever was playing the cheesy stuff when we first got there) but the clientele were a little dubious. lots of beer lads in big groups behaving in preditory fashion and girls in lycra boob tubes a number of whom were quite unwell in the ladies - nice!. Thankfully they all left by about 3.30, but they were giving dirty looks to those who I think they presumed to be 'druggies' which didn't help the atmosphere.
Also annoyed that about half the club seemed to be roped off for the VIP area. Its quite a small club so this meant that until they had cleared all the tables from the restaurant (which didn't happen for ages) there was really nowhere to sit. but still a great night.

Sunday - off to Space. Having heard that it was all kicking off later this year, got there for about 5pm, and the place was absolutely packed. Tried to find some people, but gave up after 30 mins. Was a little worried about seeing Morillo - I saw him at subliminal last year, and he was brilliant, but had heard bad things recently. thankfully no need to worry. Began his set mixing on 3 decks, winding the crowd up. Everybody was going mental. Played a fab set, really eclectic including stuff like song 2 and a great daft punk remix. However, we were suffering a bit and had to call it a day at 11.

I have spent the last week in a fluey state of depression, questioning why exactly I live in this country and trying to work out how long it is until the opening parties next season. Will defo be going twice next year.

Have also decided that we wil have to go to Underwater at the End on Saturday to try and cheer ourselves up.

Glad you enjoyed Es-Vive. We liked it there too 8)

El Divino was wicked for Sandry Rivera Sunday 4th August but I noticed a few groups of people just sat staring at others and looking really miserable. Great music though and we met Kang/BBS there too :D

Its really easy picking up that flu thing, did you not take any Berocca?

Do you know, before I went everyone told me of the wonders of Berocca - but did I remember when I was ill - no.

funny thing is I wasn't very well on the Saturday and Sunday as well, had a really bad cold, but as soon as I was out with my special dancing medicine I felt right as rain and my cold cleared up!

Scoobie said:
funny thing is I wasn't very well on the Saturday and Sunday as well, had a really bad cold, but as soon as I was out with my special dancing medicine I felt right as rain and my cold cleared up!

I know it well :)

I was in Ibiza for four nights recently and took my daily dose of Berocca religiously but still managed to get a dose of Ibizan flu :(

belle said:
Scoobie said:

This is my one of my favourite restaurants on the island. Planning to go there at least once in September!

Definitely a fine restaurant. Almost went back a second time in the same week but i thought i better try one of the others just to be different. Cant remember his name but very funny waiter served us. Seemed very happy to try his english on us which was just fine with me as my spanish is something to be desired.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the review Scoobie... definitely a bonus Es Vive has with the free club entrance to Hed Kandi... and for Pin Up too :)

sounds like you had a pretty good time! ages till im next going to ibiza!! missing the island like mad! :cry:

Hmmm...I went to Hed Kandi that nite and Sundays at Space the next nite too and I suddenly came over with the Ibiza flu as you did....perhaps it was something they put in our 10 euro drinks just to be evil...

Back