10th-17th review

hardhousenutter

well here is my 2007 review, i'll try not to blabble on too much.

Friday 10th - 4 of us got to cardiff airport 2 hours early for our 5.40pm flight to ibiza. we couldnt handle the excitement, we just had to get there to catch up with a mate who had been out there since may pr-ing for kanya. The flight was on time and we arrived at club paraiso at around 10pm ibiza time. The plan was to just dump our luggage and go straight out but we had to wait for this mate to arrive so we were out by 11 after catching up with him.
The plan for this first night was pure pacha with pete tong and david guetta. we headed straight to my mates working bar 'viva' on the west end for some pre club drinks whilst catching up with what he's been upto the last few months since i saw him last. After viva, we ended up in a bar called hogans where they do cheap cocktails so we topped up there before grabbing a taxi to pacha. On arrival about 330am, the queue was huge and i had my doubts whether we'd get in..luckily but naughtily we jumped the queue after some italian dude let us in front of him. He said to us he's been waiting an hour and a half to get in. Finally we got in around 430am and it was straight to the bar. i ordered 2 shots and 2 double vodka red bulls and it came to 50 euros?? i thought the bar made said 15, so i gave her the money and walked off only to be called back saying it was 35 euros short...i was like wtf, 50 euros. it didnt spoil my night though, guetta the highlight, found a nice spot to dance as well so i was happy...left at closing time when the lights came on...really good start to the hol...it was straight to bed then.

Saturday 11th - up about 2pm feeling half and half, needed food though so we all headed to kanya for a late breakfast/lunch. Thai burger with salsa and chips with salad was our choice and it was lovely, got us rareing to go for another night. It was back to the hotel to get ready for the radio 1 broadcast at mambos. got there just before it started and you could tell this was just the biggest weekend of the season. Got to speak to jules and tong with a few autographs, they are really nice people. we found a nice spot on the rocks to listen to the broadcast but the music was a bit quiet, was a fun few hours though and we got our tickets for the cream party at amnesia later that evening. After a few more drinks, we headed to the west end only to be harassed by reps, we ended up in eden rooms and play 2 but i was itching to get to the cream party early as i knew it would be rammed. i put up with eden rooms but play 2 is chav central, i hated it in there so 2 of us left for cream at 1230, illegal taxi up, i didnt care, i just wanted to get up there asap to get a spot on the dancefloor. The club was heaving that early on but it turned out to be an amazing night, a night i will never forget being live on the radio , eddie halliwell was amazing dropping constellation arout 5am and that ice cannon, it really is something special. left about 7am thinking 'what a night'.

Sunday 12th - woke up about 3pm with a cold and a bit of a cough. this was an afternoon of recovery with a lovely breakfast at my favourite place fatsos in san ant. It was then all about the judgement sunday live broadcast on radio1. After having a few drinks and a meal at koppas restaurant at the bottom of the westend, we lost track of time, we were meant to go to the bar m pre party but we missed it so we headed straight to eden early on as the broadcast was starting at 1am. I tell you now, the live broadcast was good but the rest of the night was ****, the amout of drugged up chavs at this party was a real let down, my mate even saw a fight in the vip area. 3 of us left at 330am, it was that bad.

Mondat 13th - This day was all about the biggest party in the world, the day i had been looking forward to all year..circo loco at dc10. Up bright and early forgetting about that bad night, it was down to fatsos for a pre circo loco meal. Taxi up, got to dc10 about 3pm and already it was very very busy to my suprise..its getting busier a lot earlier now so i recommend getting there way before 3 if you want a bit of space to dance. Once inside, it was straight to the bar for some red bulls and vodka (12 euro, not as bad as pacha). onto the terrace, i took a minute for myself to look around and realise i was finally back there, a tear to the eye, my favourite place ever. Incredible day, incredible people, incredible atmosphere and luciano banging out 'samin - heater' when the sun went down was something i will never forget. it didnt seem to bother me that it was so busy, you couldnt breathe let alone stand of ur own 2 feet..i was just loving it. Left at closing thinking, if this club ever gets closed down, i will never return to ibiza.

Tues 14th - woke up with my cough worsening and my nose was like a tap. i needed vitamin c so bought a litre of sunny delight from the club paraiso shop. didnt really feel like doing anything this day apart from chillin by the pool and enjoying some tunes.
In the evening, the plan was to go to armada so we got our tickets and set off for some pre drinks at the bull bar where its buy 1 get 1 free. we all had a go on 'duel' the thing like on gladiators, it was a good laugh. It was then off to plastik followed by the west end which i am going off every year i go. After walking up past kfc, the funniest thing of the holiday, if not the funniest thing of my life happened....my mate decided he needed a new pair of sunglasses so when the looky looky man offered him a pair for 15 euros, he thought he was sorted and he had a big grin on his face....it turns out later that evening, he went to put them on and to his horror, 1 of the lens fell out lol lol...we couldnt breathe, we were laughing so much.
After we calmed down from this, it was off to toffas bar which do ridiculus drink offers so we stayed there before hitting armada which was amazing, armin just gets better and better although oakenfield has lost it.

wednesday 15th - i was now feeling quite ill so this was my day off from clubbing, i was quite skint by now as well so i took it easy today, few bottles at viva but that was it, home by 4am in bed.

Thursday 16th - day off did me good, felt like a new person. my mates wanted to do some boat party but i was too skint, had already spent 1000 euros in 5 nights. went for a lovely chinese in the evening by the waterfalls where you get that 10 euro deal, it was then off to the west end which turned out to be terrible. Now i'll tell you something disturbing i saw at the west end this night, there was a group of 3 guys where 1 of them was the so called 'leader' with a bottle of vodka in 1 hand and a bottle of peach snaps in the other. The other 2 guys abviously had too much to drink as they were just sitting down looking really ill and didnt know where they were. This guy with the bottles was just basically forcing them to drink, filling up shots and telling then to down it and shouting abuse at them, they tried to push him away in a very slurry way but he was shouting..hold the shot and drink it. I felt like going over and saying, what the hell do you think your doing, these guys have had enough, they cant even stand up, they are about to pass out. I mean, what kind of behaviour is this, i have seriously gone off the west end, not only for this, but the people that go there, drinking themselves to death.
It was off to cream though and this night didnt disappoint, ramirez on the terrace was unbelievable, ferry in the main room banging out the classics like binary finary, great end to the holiday.

Friday - it was back home to recover from this cough and get the antibiotics inside me.

a great holiday, some nights i will never forget, the experience is amazing but i will never stay in san antonio again, the majority of the people there spoil ibiza for what it is. roll on 2008.

Good review, whats the Club Paraiso like as a hotel? Stayin in a villa for a week then got 2 nights at the Paraiso to finish the holiday off and seen bad reviews on thinternet about it!

Good review, whats the Club Paraiso like as a hotel? Stayin in a villa for a week then got 2 nights at the Paraiso to finish the holiday off and seen bad reviews on thinternet about it!

stayed there 3 times b4, last time was in 2005, but we had a room over looking the main pool and the music started blasting out at 11am every morning. which isnt the best thing if u are in bed having only come home at 7am or 8am. plus it was a crap dj who had like 5 tracks that he played allday everyday, right muppet he was. so if u stay there ask for a room over looking the quiter pool on the other side. maybe u want banging music though at 11am.

the hotel is in good location, back streets of the west end and close to mambo, and all the bars. and its clean inside. probably one of the better hotels in san an. thats why i have stayed there previously.

im staying at the gran sol by coastline this year tho, heard its meant to be ok, anyone?

Cheers Mr Jenx

It's just really a base for 2 nights to finish the holiday off really, will defo try and get a pool nearer the quiet pool tho!

stayed there 3 times b4, last time was in 2005, but we had a room over looking the main pool and the music started blasting out at 11am every morning. which isnt the best thing if u are in bed having only come home at 7am or 8am. plus it was a crap dj who had like 5 tracks that he played allday everyday, right muppet he was. so if u stay there ask for a room over looking the quiter pool on the other side. maybe u want banging music though at 11am.

the hotel is in good location, back streets of the west end and close to mambo, and all the bars. and its clean inside. probably one of the better hotels in san an. thats why i have stayed there previously.

im staying at the gran sol by coastline this year tho, heard its meant to be ok, anyone?

Stayed at the Gran Sol a couple of times & again in 2 weeks! It's great hotel. Great location, nice & quiet, very clean, nice staff. And it's a bargain!!

Stayed at the Gran Sol a couple of times & again in 2 weeks! It's great hotel. Great location, nice & quiet, very clean, nice staff. And it's a bargain!!

thanks for that, i have read alot of great reviews on it on trip advisor and also on the hotel reviews on this website, all are very good. so im happy about our choice now.

im going 4 weeks saturday, on the 22nd september

have a good time buddy :D

Originally Posted by hardhousenutter i ordered 2 shots and 2 double vodka red bulls and it came to 50 euros?? i thought the bar made said 15, so i gave her the money and walked off only to be called back saying it was 35 euros short...i was like wtf, 50 euros
</p>
I ordered a vodka & tonic on the terrace and the barmaid didn't know what I was talking about. Then the champagne glass dancer Aravella came over in her red silk kimono and ordered a Schweppes, and the barmaid didn't even pay attention to her at first; then AraV gave me the Schweppes because she felt bad that I wasn't be paid attention to either. Later on the dance floor, I ordered a vodka & tonic and had to mix it myself - it was 15 euro for the privilege, but this time I got prompt attention. For 2 shots and 2 double vodka Red Bulls at Pacha, I would have had my credit card ready. :lol:

a great holiday, some nights i will never forget, the experience is amazing but i will never stay in san antonio again, the majority of the people there spoil ibiza for what it is. roll on 2008.

i think you've employed journalistic exaggeration to make a point here. i seriously doubt that the majority of people who go to san an spoil ibiza at all. by carefully selecting certain areas of the town at a certain time of night you could probably come across certain anti social behaviour. however you can also do this in most towns in the world...........can't you?

i think you've employed journalistic exaggeration to make a point here. i seriously doubt that the majority of people who go to san an spoil ibiza at all. by carefully selecting certain areas of the town at a certain time of night you could probably come across certain anti social behaviour. however you can also do this in most towns in the world...........can't you?

Musy agree there. Saying that the majority of folk staying in San An spoil it, is really a hell of a sweeping generalisation.

Back