10 people die @ loveparade !

I

icebaer69

"...
Ten Killed In Mass Panic At Love Parade

At least 10 people have been hurt and 15 injured when mass panic broke out in a tunnel at Germany's Love Parade.Thousands of people have gathered in the city of Duisberg for the annual techno music festival.

"Initial information shows 10 people were killed in a mass panic by an entrance tunnel, 10 had to be resuscitated and 15 more were injured," police director Ralf Klauck said.

The stampede broke out after authorities tried to stop thousands of people from entering the area where the parade is being held, said German news agency DAPD.

Emergency workers had trouble getting to the victims who were crushed, the agency added.

More follows...
.."
(sky.com)

"...
10 KILLED IN MASS PANIC AT GERMANY`S LOVEPARADE

People celebrate this year's techno-music festival "Loveparade 2010" in Duisburg,
Germany, on Saturday, July 24, 2010.

German police say that 10 people were killed and 15 others injured
when mass panic broke out in a tunnel at the Love Parade.

At least 10 people were killed and another 15 injured when mass panic broke out
Saturday in a tunnel at an annual celebration of techno music in western Germany.

The deaths occurred at the Love Parade in Duisburg, near Duesseldorf,
where thousands had gathered for the event.

Police gave no other immediate details. But the German news agency DAPD reported
the stampede broke out after authorities tried to stop thousands of people
from entering the area where the parade was being held.

DAPD reported the victims were crushed and that emergency workers had trouble
getting through to them.
The all-news station n-tv said the party continued after the accident,
with many of the other participants unaware of the stampede.

The Love Parade was once an institution in Berlin,
but has been held in the industrial Ruhr region of western Germany since 2007.

The original Berlin Love Parade grew from a 1989 peace demonstration
into a huge outdoor celebration of club culture that drew about 1.5 million people
at its peak in 1999.

But it suffered from financial problems and tensions with city officials in later years,
and eventually moved.
..."
(http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128740605)

Anyone who remembers what happened at Hysel and Hillsborough must surely feel the pain and suffering that the victims of this tragedy were going through. It's hard to comprehend that a simple day out involving innocent fun and enjoyment can end so tragically.:eek:

R.I.P those who perished and a Speedy recovery for those injured

... obviously they expected around 350.000 people -
but 1.000.000 (!!!) or something like that showed up!

... tunnel leading to the partyarea became a deathtrap ...

... now pure chaos ... party still going on to avoid another mass panic.

ps:
all greedy ibizadiscomafiapeople responsible for ridiculous overcrowded parties
(like f.e. thursday in pacha) shut be put in jail if they don´t stop their irresponsible
behavior so they have time to switch on their brain and start thinking ...

ps:
all greedy ibizadiscomafiapeople responsible for ridiculous overcrowded parties
(like f.e. thursday in pacha) shut be put in jail if they don´t stop their irresponsible
behavior so they have time to switch on their brain and start thinking ...

one reason why i dont bother going anymore. when yr crammed in like sardines, getting elbowed the enjoyment goes.

So sad :cry: R.I.P.
Agree with you Ice ... some have to be more responsible to avoid this in the future !

unbelievable - this ****ing scary tunnel was the ONLY entrance to the festival area:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siEa76s6B1k

Yep very scary - by the looks of things one way in (that tunnell) that got full & started turning people back into the oncoming crowd.

Interview with judge jules on the beeb making a salient point - hold a free party, but if one year you have 300k, next year 1m....

remember fat boy slim having a similar but thankfully not as serious issue in brighton.

that just doesnt look right :(:(:(
the worst crushes i have seen was london millenioum eve ppl trying to get back to waterloo station after the fireworks , this looks a much bigger scale
I was there! We decided to walk back to our hotel in Marble Arch instead of braving the Tube.

Up to 18 dead now at the Love Parade. Very sad news :cry:

This is very sad news, BBC says it is now up to 19 dead. For those that can remember when the Love Parade was held in Berlin you have to think if it was still alowed to be held there this "might" not have happened. Berlin has lots or wide boulevards and squares that would allow people to come and go easily rather than being crammed through a tunnel. Berlin regularly attracted 1 to 1.5 million people. I agree with the other posts , you do wonder how long it will be until there is a serious "crush" at some Ibiza nights when people are packed in, clearly beyond capacity.

This is very sad news, BBC says it is now up to 19 dead. For those that can remember when the Love Parade was held in Berlin you have to think if it was still alowed to be held there this "might" not have happened. Berlin has lots or wide boulevards and squares that would allow people to come and go easily rather than being crammed through a tunnel. Berlin regularly attracted 1 to 1.5 million people. I agree with the other posts , you do wonder how long it will be until there is a serious "crush" at some Ibiza nights when people are packed in, clearly beyond capacity.

I was out at a nightclub here, when the fire alarm went off. It wasn't overly busy but people were getting knocked to the floor and all sorts. I dread to think what would happen at a seriously busy night in Ibiza. Especially if it was a real fire.

The event has now been canceled for good.

To continue the party after the tragedy was sickening.

rip

To continue the party after the tragedy was sickening.

I might be wrong but I think they were instructed to do this by officials to avoid a change of mood and outbreak of panic in the crowd.

Many people were unaware it was all going on and I guess it was important for crowd control to keep it that way.

Back