1 week - 2 Couples - July 2013

Weez

So much anticipation. So much planning. so much research.

Our first trip to Ibiza was finally here. The Mrs, my best friend and his girlfriend. The four of us ready for a week of little sleep.

SATURDAY JUNE 29th

11:35am Miami time. We had prepared our bags the night before. Heck, the Mrs. had been preparing hers for weeks now it seems. 1 Carry-On and 1 small bag each. That's all we would need. We arrived at the airport extra early. The anticipation couldn't make us wait any longer. 2 Hour wait and we finally board the plane to Atlanta. The skies in Miami were a bit overcast, temperature in the 80s (high 20s). Is this really happening?

1:45pm Atlanta Time. We arrive in Atlanta and quickly realize we have a 3 hour layover. The excitement died for a few hours. What do we do? We ate, we walked around. Arrived at the gate extra early. Got up again, walked a bit more. Thousands of people walking around you. After all, Atlana is the busiest airport in the world. People coming back from business trips, going on vacation, returning from vacation, going to visit family. But not us. We were going to Ibiza. 4:30pm came about and we were ready to board our flight to Dusseldorf. Neither of us know any German, but that's mostly all you could hear waiting at the gate. On to the plane we go and next thing we know, we're flying with 9 hours to our destination. What do we do now?!
Sleep. We were able to pass out for part of the trip. It's a long one though. Went to sleep once we passed New York We and woke up over the UK, had breakfast and prepared for landing. We weren't really tired. Granted, we didn't sleep all that well. Delta economy seating isn't terrible, but it's not extremely spacious either.

SUNDAY JUNE 30TH

7:45am Dusseldorf Time. We are in Germany. We still have 2:30 hours till our next flight. What do we do now? We got a diet coke, followed by a Cappuccino. once we had already arrived at our gate. This was easily the longest wait. At least in our minds. We're in Europe, so close, yet so far. The 2:30 hours would prove to be almost unending. Every time you look at yor watch, only 2 minutes have passed. I go to the window and start staring at airplanes land and take off. I see the Delta plane that brought us, take off again back to Atlanta. I think: That'll be us in exactly 1 week. What's going to happen between now and then?"

11:00am Dusseldorf Time. Alright. time to board our next flight. Onto Palma de Mallorca we go! Flying Air Berlin. I hadn't flown Air Berlin before, which I found very nice and comfy. I was tired though. The sleep on the plane to Dusseldorf wasn't great. We knew we were going out the second we arrived in Ibiza. Time for some shut-eye.

1:15pm Palma Time. We arrived in Palma. What a great approach. Seeing the entire island. The turbulence during the last few minutes was easily felt, but I love turbulence, so it was exciting. I was able to sleep most of the flight there. Next thought: I am starving! and we still have 1:30 hours or so till our final leg. We grab a quick baguette sandwich that was actually REALLY good. The time here flies by. We couldn't believe it but we were boarding the last plane, a short hop to Ibiza, also on Air Berlin.

3:30pm Palma Time. We are on the plane. The excitement can hardly be contained at this point. What exactly awaits us in 20 minutes? The entire flight, both f us glued to the window. We leave Palma, and just stare at the open Mediterranean ocean, lookig for land, as if we had been adrift for days. We see something... Could that be it? Nope! Formentera makes its apperance to us. We would have had no idea if it weren't for a 5 year old kid sitting in front of us who says "Mira Mama, es Formentera!" < Look mom, it's Formentera>. Formentera from the sky looks increidbly beautiful. The beaches, the water. Wow.
Just a little bit longer now.

We approach Ibiza, and start seeing the island, the boats, the yatchs.

4:05pm Ibiza time. After 24 hours of flying, in 4 airplanes, through 4 airports.... We've arrived.
We leave the terminal and actually have a coke and a cig right outside the terminal. Kind of as saying "phew... here we are". The palm trees, the little burger shop across the terminal. People eating. It's a beautiful day. Hot, but a bit breezy.

Alright, that was enough. Let's get a taxi, quickly.

Driver, please take us to Ushuaia.

--

More to come...

Definitely something I take for granted. I was pissed off about going from London Stanstead this time (2 hour drive, 2 1/2 hour flight, rather than Bournemouth (30 minute drive, 2hr 20 flight).

Bloody hell, that is a trek...but oh so worth it! Does it work out cheaper to do allthem flights, are there not direct ones? x

Answers to questions above:

Yes it was a long trek but 100% worth it.
We found some deals that eventually saved us almost $1000 in air travel. you gotta do what you gotta do.

---------
SUNDAY JUNE 30TH

We arrived at Ushuaia, our hotel. Check-in was a breeze and we were given the keys to our room. We asked if any Stage-View rooms were available, but that wasn't the case. Good thing though. We went to our room unsure of what to expect. The hallway to our room, located on the second floor of the main building above the lobby, was covered with calligraphy and each room had lights outside. Already we could hear some bass and music outside. The lights, the music, the place.... we were ready.

We walk into our room and find lights behind our bed that changed colors every few seconds. "what kind of party place is this?" we thought. Blinking lights everywhere. Music that could be heard coming from outside. "Where are we?"

We walk out to our balcony which luckily happened to face the back of the stage. We could see whoever was playing at that time. Our first thought: "Are you kidding me?"

My best friend and his girlfriend had arrived in Ibiza a few hours before as they were coming from NY. We had previously asked them to buy a bottle of champagne and a bottle of Vodka at a liquor store nearby so we could get started immediately. They had been at the pool for a while, so they gave us the bottles and asked for an hour or so to get ready, maybe take a nap,etc.

Not us. We bid them farewell, and opened the bottles.

We changed from our travel outfits to something "more comfortable" and started pouring some drinks. Before we knew it, Fedde LeGrand took the stage for Avicii's opening party. The music got noticeably louder now. Progressive tunes began reaching our ears and some hits got us going. Fedde LeGrand did a great job. We could see him from out balcony sitting down chilling. As usual, one drink led to another and next thing we know, we were slightly buzzed. Even after traveling for what seemed at the time forever, the energy from the place and the island took over and we started dancing with Fedde LeGrand. Hit progressive set was a perfect combination of hits as long with unknowns. Regardless, we were jamming.

We wake our friends up and inform them of the party taking place outside. Soon enough, they join us. Together we continue pouring a drink here and a drink here and get ready for Avicii, one of the Mrs. favorites. By this time, it was almost 10pm Ibiza time, the sun was setting and even though you might think we would start feeling the effects of traveling, the opposite took place and we let the alcohol dictate our pace.

We were rocking and rolling. Avicii came on and opened with this new single "Wake Me Up". Though most of us are more Tech House/Techno/Deep House folks, just the energy of being on the island, with Avicii and his melodic tunes literally a long spit away from us, we were jamming. After a few extra drinks here and there, we were ready to head down to the middle of the crowd. Ushuaia was packed. We saw bathroom queues, bar queues, etc. we did our "nature" business in the room, poured one last drink -all the way to the top- and headed down.

It was probably 11pm by now. Avicii was in the middle of his set. Pure energy. I must admit, even though I consider Avicii very mainstream, I was jamming and having a great time. We were able to get to the front of the crowd almost, a bit to the side and sang along to his tunes. Don't ask me which ones because thanks to the "few" drinks, I don't remember. I just know I had a great time. Time didn't fly, which was a good thing. We thoroughly enjoyed his set, but as with everything, it came to an end.

mmmm.. I'm hungry was the next thought. I hadn't eaten anything since Palma at 1pm. By now it was after midnight. We headed to what was apparently an award-winning pizza place just a block away from Ushuaia. Great pizza. In fact, I remember it was a cheese, cream and ham pizza. Incredible.

Our friends had planned to go to Pacha to see Solomun. After the traveling and the pizza, we were exhausted. So off they went to Pacha and off we went to get a good night rest knowing that we still had a full week ahead of us.

The first night was over and it was incredible. I recall thinking "Wow! So this night #1?"

Couldn't even begin to comprehend making that journey on my way home from ibiza. The ryanair bag drop queue was enough to nearly end me this year.

MONDAY JULY 1ST

What a good night sleep. Went to bed around 1am~ and woke up at like 10am. Beautiful. We both felt rested and energetic. I didn't feel "bad" per se, but I could feel I had drunk quite a bit the night before. Not a hangover by any means. Not even a headache. But a taste of Vodka Red Bulls. That feeling that you don't know how you will feel once you have another drink. It could lift you right up or it could take you subterranean. Determined to avoid a bad time, I told myself I wouldn't have a drink till later.

We had previously agreed that Monday would be a sight-seeing, shopping day. Unsure of what to expect the rest of the week, and knowing we wuld take it easy Sunday night, it seemed like a sound plan. So we got some breakfast at the hotel, which is included. There's a great buffet near the pool that has everything from eggs, to cheese, to toast, to croissants. Even Cava for Mimosas! No drinking was done though as both of us took the cautious route.

11am comes around and off to Ibiza Town we go! We got dropped off right on the port, on what seemed like an important corner, where the water ends. From there we start heading inland and walk all over the town. I don't remember what streets we took but we went all around the town and back to the port. Some light shopping was done and many pictures were taken. We even made it to the area where there are semi tall white older building and smaller shops appear on the street. It almost looked like Greece. We have pictures, which by the way, I have no idea how to upload on this site.

Around 12:30 or 1:00 we head back to the hotel. We decide to walk to the beach for a bit while we wait for our friends who apparently had a rough, late night with Solomun. As we walk past the main stage, dancers were practicing a routine and wee Cathy Guetta guiding them through the motions. Pretty cool.
We walk around the beach for a while. The water is much colder than in Miami. But still, we dip go in around knee deep for now. The sun was starting to get hot now. When suddenly:

*Ring Ring*
Our friends had woken up. Let's go!

2pm and we make our way to Blue Marlin. We had heard of Blue Marlin but had never been. We have some lunch which was good, but expensive. Good Deep House tunes playing the entire time. Don't recall who the DJ was, but we were having a good time. From there, we get one of the beds and decide to spend a few hours there just relaxing while everyone recovered from the night before. The girls start drinking again. The boys just ask for some beers.

We tried going in the water by the pier, as it looked very inviting. Teal, transparent colors acted like a mirror to the sun. Not a cloud in the sky. The water is still a bit cold and the sea floor is covered in big rocks that almost made me eat it a few times. But we cooled off a bit proceeded to order a few extra rounds. The music slowly was raised in volume and BPMs. Not much, but the Deep House was probably playing now at around 122-124. The Mrs. swears she thought she saw Robert Pattinson but I think it was just a look-alike.

6pm came about, the sun still shining as bright as ever. We wanted to stay and relax but we also had plans. Big plans.

We make our way to the hotel again and take a 2 hour break. The girls were going to get ready while the guys took naps. Diplo was playing, but I don't really care for him much, so I actually slept his entire set. I wake up at 10pm, refreshed, feeling better from the alcohol of the night before and energetic.

We decide to pre-drink to some of David Guetta's set. "Meh". Not our thing. Beatport Progressive top 50 for the most part. We did see a ballerina floating in the sky thanks to a few dozen pink, white and purple balloons. That was quite a sight, to be honest. I would say that was the best part of David Guetta's opening party. We even took a video because it looked that cool.

Around 11:45 or so, we head out to a restaurant called KM5. It's a 15 minute cab ride away. We get there and the place look great. Nice restaurant, with some music. We each order our entrees, which tasted great. I had some Ravioli, our friends had some chicken and the Mrs. had a steak. The steak ended up being a bit too filling and made the Mrs. feel so-so at one point. Regardless, if you're looking for a nice dinner with some music, KM5 is a good place to go.

We stayed a bit and had a few drinks. It was now around 2am, so we paid the bill and got going.

Destination: Amnesia

We arrive at Amensia for Cocoon which was to feature Sven Vath and Ricardo Villalobos all night. Thanks to our tickets purchased right here on Ibiza-Spotlight, we walked right in. We were even given Balcony-VIP privileges for some reason, which was very much welcomed.

As soon as we walk in, we go straight for Villalobos who was tearing it up. the Terrace wasn't as full as the Main room though. The terrace had plenty of space to dance. We get some drinks and do some dancing. We took the stairs up and saw a bit of Henrik Schwarz playing the main room. Aftr a bit, we all agreed that Villalobos was still going nuts. We immediately head back to the Terrace. Watching Ricardo Villalobos play is pretty funny. I had never seen him before. But he's all over the place. Saying hello to friends, having a cigarette, while twisting knobs and somehow everything sounds great. Ricardo did a great job till about 3:00am or so.

I was disappointed to see him leave the booth and they introduced Makam. Now, don't judge me here, but I had never even heard of Makam. Who is this guy? I recall saying "What? They took Villalobos out for this guy?"

Boy was I wrong. Makam absolutely obliterated the Terrace. we played for about an hour and a half and the entire time, even with Sven Vath already playing the main room, more and more people started coming to the Terrace. Makam was even better than Villalobos 1st set, dare I say. Holy crap.

At around 4:30 or so, Makam exits and Villalobos comes back much to the crowd's excitement. By now, we were a bit buzzed but tired. We literally kind of took a 30 min. break of just relaxing and head-nodding till about 5am or so. By now Villalobos was going nuts again and we agreed we couldn't pass this up. Another round of drinks and off we go to dance. After a while, you could see light hitting the Terrace's roof. We go a bit back and forth between Villalobos and Vath, but settle on Villalobos for the remainder of the night.

7:30am rolls around and the Mrs. and I were a bit tired again. We let our friends know that we're going to take off and they agree to join us.

We get to the hotel and people are already up and about. We are heading to bed.

Good night!

TUESDAY JULY 2ND

After being out at Amensia with Ricardo Villalobos till 7:30am, we needed some sleep. We didn't wake up till around 1pm, or 1:30pm.

We all head down to the beach for a bit. Relax, take in some much needed vitamin D and food. Soon after, we head to the Ushuaia Tower pool for the start of Reboot's "Rock & Beats" party. The pool was very relaxing and some great house was played. Reboot himself was walking around, back and forth around the pool and behind the decks. Markus Fix was doing the playing though on the decks, and what a great set he would put together over the next few hours. Tuesday was the first time I saw something incredible about Ibiza: Reboot was literally walking around the pool with no guards, no nothing. Talking with people. I went up right next to Markus Fix and "saw" him play. I figured at the time that Reboot walking around was just coincidence and I didn't want to bother him for a photo. Looking back, maybe I should have.

You see, this is not something I've ever experienced in Miami. DJs play semi close to you, but elevated and play for only 2 hours and leave. You rarely see them anywhere. Even when Avicii played Sunday night, he was rushed out with a group of bodyguards, like Madonna would.

Not Reboot though.

*Remember this "up-close" item for later on*

So it was now around 6pm and we head to the room to take a quick shower, eat something quick change and get ready for Luciano & Friends.

So began a pre-drink around 7pm and while listening to a bit of Franco Cinelli. At around 9-9:30 Luciano came on.
We finished our drinks and headed down to the party, which was amazing. I've seen Luciano live only once before but he hasn't failed me yet. What a great set with some gems such as Rise of Angel but also some oldies, such as Celestial (I think I heard it at least, keep in mind I wasn't fully coherent. Luciano is easily one of my if not my favorite DJs/Producers right now. I've lisetned to most of his sets this year, either live (Miami) or over the internet.

Unfortunately, the party ended and we headed up to the Tower roof for the after party with Andrea Oliva & Cesar Merveille B2B.

We went up the stairs, as opposed to the elevator and encountered no issues getting in.

WHAT A VIEW! Airplanes passing right on top of your head, and you could see a good chunk of the island. We get a quick drink near to the stairs and proceed to the dance floor. Dance floor? I was literally less than a meter away from Andrea Oliva & Cesar Merveille. Because they were at the same level as us, you could see how they were mixing and everything. Up stairs was a bit deeper house than Luciano of course, but incredible music regardless and the location didn't hurt either.

The roof has a VIP section at one end and as I was near the DJ booth, I look into the VIP section and notice... well.. heck. Luciano is here partying too. Is this for real?
Luciano came up literally next to me to say "hello" to Andrea Oliva and Cesar Merveille and just stayed at less than an arm's length from us dancing, having a drink and enjoying the night. The Mrs. went up to him and got a picture with him, as I got a picture with Andrea Oliva & Cesar Merveille in the background.

We stayed till about 3am or 3:30am and then realized we just couldn't go anymore. We had been dancing almost non-stop since 9pm, at least.

Looking back now, this was easily the best night of the entire trip for me. What an incredible experience!

WEDNESDAY JULY 3RD

We had gone to bed relatively early on Tuesday, around 3-4am. So by 11am or so, we were up and rested. What an incredible night the night before. I can definitely recommend the Luciano & Friends night to anyone that lkikes Tech House. And definitely go into the Tower for the after party. I had smiles from ear to ear. It was one of those experiences that you ask someone "Please pinch me, is this for real"?

But enough about Tuesday. Wednesday is upon us and what a day it was too.

My best friend and his girlfriend had booked a quick getaway to Formentera. We at first were going to do it, but then decided against it. There's got to be things left to do and see for next year, right?
So off they went for the dya and off we went with 1 goal: Eat authentic Spanish Paella. We asked at our hotel and got several recommendations. We picked, for no particular reason a place called "La Escollera", which was near the Salinas beach. So into a cab we go and we're on our way for some yummy Paella.
We drive by the "Salinas", by "el Chiringuito" and arrive at La Escollera. What a nice place. The tables outside are right on the edge of small cliff facing the water.
We ordered some Croquteas de Pollo < Chicken Croquets>, a vegetable qiche and the paella, followed by a Crema Catalana. We had to try it all. Great food and but bad prices either.

We left rolling like a ball though, but amazing. Definitely a place I recommend for romantic purposes or just in search of a paella.

Back to Ushuaia now where we do a bit of beach first and then get ready for the afternoon. The Mrs. has been looking forward to Thomas Gold, Sebastian Ingrosso and Axwell since we left Miami almost. Up first, NO_ID, who we listened to from our balcony while having some cocktails. While we were enjoying it, we wanted to check out the Tower and the Be Crazy party as well. So off we went to the pool.

Great music. Los Suruba were playing and, while I hadn't heard much from them before this trip, I left knowing I wanted to see them again. Great music. And once again, the way the Tower parties are set up, you could see Jean Claude Ades walking around, Los Suruba playing, having some drinks next to you.

The party brought some acrobats out which left us quite speechless. After a good 2 hours, I think of Los Suruba, we head back to the hotel knowing that Thomas Gold was on and she wanted to see him. Up to the room we go for some cocktails from bottles we had purchased earlier at the liquor store nearby.

Our friends join us by around 8pm or so. They enjoyed their formentera trip but were 100% sober! They had rented a scooter and spent most of the day going around the island to different beaches.

Thomas Gold did a fantastic job of blending some of his tracks and mashups "Million Voices to Apologize" anyone? By 9:30 or so, he was done and Seb & Axwell went on. Their set was a mix of meh and awesome. The very beginning was fun, but for the middle hour or so from say 10:30 to 11:30 they went pretty hard progressive/electro. I was expecting a bit more melodic progressive but Thomas Gold was more of that than the ex SHM guys were. That hour was so so. For the last 45 minutes or so, we decided to, as we had done before, fill up our drinks to the top and go down to the crowd.

By 11:15 or so, we were a bit more than buzzed and right then, they went into the Dont You Worry Child, Sweet Disposition, etc. At this point we just went nuts. The last 30 minutes of their set were epic. Another highlight of the trip. One of those moments when the musical notes just hit your head at the right time.

Ironically, our friends had decided to go to the Be Crazy party at around 11pm because of how hard Seb & Axwell were going in the beginning. so after they were done, we met up with them at the Tower. The party, for some reason, was extended till 1am. Once we get there, the music.... wow.. Jean Claude Ades finished off with a full version of Hi Life - Cheeky Bold Mix. What an amazing end to the night.

We chill for a few minutes after the music is done and proceed to decide what to do. Our friends wanted to go to DC-10 for the Paradise opening party with Jamie Jones. Knowing that it was going to likely be amazing, but super packed and hot (something I don't like much and the Mrs likes even less), we said our good byes, had some pizza and went our different ways.

We thought of just going to bed but then we notice Space, right in front of us. Tonight was Ibiza Calling with AN21, Arno Cost and Norman Doray. Well heck, why not.

Only the Terrace was open and it wasn't very packed at all. We had a few drinks and went right into the middle for, I think Arno Cost. We stayed there for a few hours and saw the beginning of AN21. Who went on probably at like 3:30ish. Overall, good times were had and we danced for quite a while. I don't know exactly at what time, but crossed the street and went home after we both started getting a bit tired.

Wednesday was over? That means only 1 day left :( Gotta go hard!

Really like this because we grow up here in europe with a different clubbing culture so I'm very happy to see people coming from usa completely in love with ibiza...

tip for your next trip ( don't want to be boring ) if u book your flight in advance take a look at tap portugal airline...prices are cheap, and with their card you can save a lot of money in the future... you can fly to barcelona rome or milan.....then with easyjet or others low cost to ibiza

We stayed till about 3am or 3:30am and then realized we just couldn't go anymore. We had been dancing almost non-stop since 9pm, at least.

Jeez you yanks are pussy holes every day/night you're tired where's your stamina? :lol:

Jeez you yanks are pussy holes every day/night you're tired where's your stamina? :lol:

Lol. I'm not going to deny that goign to bed at 3-3:30 is weak. We had been drinking all day and night. It wasn't so much being tired, it was more about being absolutely ****-faced.

THURSDAY JULY 4TH

Independence day! Well, who cares, we're not in the US, right? We woke up Thursday knowing it was the last full day on the island. Time had flown, but the four of us were already thinking of repeating next year. But before looking into the future, let's enjoy the present. 1 more day, and likely the hardest.

We woke up, had some breakfast before it closed and headed to the beach. Got a bed this time with champagne to properly say good bye to the island (excuse, i know). By the very early afternoon, the Mrs. and I h(mostly the Mrs.) had finished the bottle. So off we went to the pool to meet the other couple and get ready for NERVO Nation pool party.

the beginning of NERVO Nation was Sarah Main who was rocking it in the mid afternoon. New Sarah Main fan here after that hour or 2. Drinks continued pouring all afternoon at the pool. Tom Staar took over at around 7-8, I think, though I don't quite recall the time. He picked things up a bit by introducing some progressive tunes along with the deeper stuff. Very good opening set by him. It really set the mood for the rest.

We were thinking of heading to Loco Dice, but then the NERVO girls arrived and the Mrs. is a huge fan. They stayed behind the decks for a bit while Tom staar was still playing. They were just having sushi there talking to people, like if nothing. The other couple went to see Loco Dice while we stayed. (The Mrs. had agreed to tonight's party after NERVO, so I figured I would stay for Nervo and miss Loco Dice. Not that I mind Nervo, I think they have a good sound that's progressive, yet not just heavy electro.

As Nervo started playing, probably around 9:30 or 10, then place started getting a bit more packed near the stage. The Mrs first got a picture with Liv, as she grabbed her cell phone and snapped a selfie of sorts from behind the decks. Needless to say, she was quite happy. We continued getting more drinks and dancing to NERVO for the next 2 hours and had a great time. They debuted at least new 2-3 tracks throughout the night and even started pouring Jeagermesiter shots for the crowd at one point. They really interacted with the crowd that was there, which was very much appreciated by everyone there. At one point, Tom Staar even went crowd surfing!

Overall, a great time! At 12, the party ended and people started filing out. As guests, we stayed and the Mrs. got another pic, this time with both Liv and Mim and they both complemented her outfit, so you know she Mrs. was a happy camper. We actually kind of walked out of the hotel WITH them which was incredible.

By that point, she was in the clouds and I was starving. We quickly grabbed some sushi from the hotel's restaurant, which was very good by the way, and prepared for the last hurrah of our Ibiza trip: ENTER Opening Party.

We cross the street and notice a small line, which took no more than a few minutes. Our friends had gone straight from Loco Dice to Enter so catch Hot since 82. We arrived RIGHT as Hot Since 82 was closing. Met up with them and prepared for Tale of Us.

I had never seen Tale of Us till now. WOW! They really rocked it, I really enjoyed the set, as they put a great mix of Techno with some melodic stuff. Quite something. Here's a track I remember them playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrbqNa2LKRM

We went to see Paco Osuna for a few but stayed mostly with Tale of Us almost to the end. From there, it was time for Richie Hawtin himself. To be honest, the main room got a bit packed when Richie started. We didn't even attempt to get to the front. I think by now, it was 3:30 or so. We stayed dancing with Richie and had a few extra drinks till I don't know what time. I want to say somehwere around 5ish. Richie was very good, but (and it's pretty obvious why, you know: Richie Hawtin, opening party, Space, etc) for the first time, I felt like Miami, were Richie coukld be seen "in the distance". It wasn't as initimate as every other party had felt. Even Amensia at Cocoon or the main parties iat Ushuaia felt a bit more intimate.

But, like I said, it was the opening party, it was pretty packed. It's about what we expected. Regardless, the played some great tunes and we really enjoyed the 2 hours or so we saw him.

Both couples had early morning flight out of Ibiza, so we left 1st and the other couple left soon after us.

It was over. We were walking back, just crossing the street and thinking "holy crap. It's over". We had planned and had been wauiting for this trip for a while. The countdown to the trip was measued in days almost, like "22 days till Ibiza".."21 Days to Ibiza".. etc

Then the trip came, we partied like never before. Sleeping max of 4 hours + a quick afteroon nap. Drinking or being drunk at least 12 hours a day. Our livers probably didn't enjoy it much, but we did.

The other couple was heading home to NY. We were stopping in Dusseldorf to visit a friend... and why not? LEt's go to Steve Angello Friday night at Boathaus.

Brilliant review and fair play for doing the long flights to get to ibiza but I'm sure it was worth it

Back