Your 18th Birthday Night Out?

Whoa. now i feel really old my 18th was in 1989!!!!!!! and no doubt involved a lot of booze and recreational substances. I remember my 21st very clearly as i was a witness to a hit and run on a pedestrian.

ahhhh i was 2 then :D bet that added to making you feel old ;) :lol:

Christ! It was '83 probably the local "Ritzy" :lol:

I do remember the 'rents giving me the money to block book driving lessons - but I spent the money on a black leather bike jacket instead and I remember getting tickets to see Tears For Fears sellotaped to the front of their Album The Hurting :)

brings back memories.....:lol:

Just found the flyer for what we went to for mine 20 years ago!:eek:
PirateClub_040792_f.jpg

Yours?
1613402641472.png

Updated my OP as image link was broken. Any new 18th memories?

Circa 2007..

Mine was Hanger 13 on the boat (the Tuxedo Princess) down the Quayside of Newcastle / Gateshead it was a German/hard trance, Makina event that used to be held in various venues across the city from the late Nineties through the noughties.. had been few times before hand though but first time with a real I.D 😙 me and all my mates got a mini bus on from our town. it's less than a hour away which was always good seems we'd often be in a funny old state by that point, the boat used to have a revolving dancefloor too which was never ideal when you were off your bracket on the little fellas

Pretty rarfy, chavy night in the grand scheme of things but we used love it. Its Northeast thing

Attachments

• JS82656924.jpg
    JS82656924.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 4
Circa 2007..

Mine was Hanger 13 on the boat (the Tuxedo Princess) down the Quayside of Newcastle / Gateshead it was a German/hard trance, Makina event that used to be held in various venues across the city from the late Nineties through the noughties.. had been few times before hand though but first time with a real I.D 😙 me and all my mates got a mini bus on from our town. it's less than a hour away which was always good seems we'd often be in a funny old state by that point, the boat used to have a revolving dancefloor too which was never ideal when you were off your bracket on the little fellas

Pretty rarfy, chavy night in the grand scheme of things but we used love it. Its Northeast thing
In Middlesbrough we had the Tuxedo Royale with its 'famous' revolving dancefloor, which came from Newcastle after they got a bigger version!!

The place was in a right state but i loved it at the time!

Friday nights were £10 entry (£8 if you managed to get a flyer beforehand) and free drinks all night!!

In Middlesbrough we had the Tuxedo Royale with its 'famous' revolving dancefloor, which came from Newcastle after they got a bigger version!!

The place was in a right state but i loved it at the time!

Friday nights were £10 entry (£8 if you managed to get a flyer beforehand) and free drinks all night!!
Yes mate I'm also from Teeside, never did the Royale though only the Princess.. yeah I can imagine it got its copper stripped whilst docked and started to sink didn't it, think it got towed to Spain or something

Circa 2007..

Went to find this thread after someone posted on another that the Printworks folks are opening are venue not far from Roller Express, the venure in my original post.

Interesting to find out that Makina was a thing in the North East in 2007, after recent discussions around it recently on here.

Back