Your 18th Birthday Night Out?

Buckley

Just found the flyer for what we went to for mine 20 years ago!:eek:
1613402684992.png
PirateClub_040792_f.jpg

Yours?

Last edited:
I genuinely have no recollection of what I did on my 18th birthday having read this :oops:
Guess there is a lot happened since then(2000), clearly the brain is suffering years of abuse. And I bet I'm not the only one :lol:

Its my 36th today, so 18 years ago! I vaguely remember having a BBQ in the Nothe gardens at home and then pub in the evening follwed by a game of strip twister with mates and their beaus!

Its my 36th today, so 18 years ago! I vaguely remember having a BBQ in the Nothe gardens at home and then pub in the evening follwed by a game of strip twister with mates and their beaus!

Happy birthday!

Will there be a strip twister reunion?:lol:

Happy birthday, PLH!

I'm with Ollie... haven't got a clue what I did!

I remember my 21st though (equally relevant in the US with the higher drinking age :confused:)

My friends and I were going to visit every bar in Harvard Square for one drink in each. We started with a scorpion bowl at Hong Kong (a recipe for communicable diseases. :lol: It's a big bowl filled with unknown quantities of liquor, shared by the group with big long straws). Then I think we hit the Bow, before heading over to another bar where I ran into this girl I kind of liked and the bar crawl ended there :lol: Sadly, the attempt to pull said girl ended in failure :cry:

Not that it was too long ago but I remember it very fondly!

Started with a dinner with my family (my brother didnt show up though as he wanted to watch a football match and I still havent quite forgiven him), then around town with my friends and my brothers friends, 2 hours sleep then boarded a flight to dublin with my brother and 8 of his friends. I went to stay with a good friend of mine who was at uni there and they stayed in a crappy hostel...the memory fades quite a bit after here but I know it was 3 nights of extreme drunken foolishness!

Whoa. now i feel really old my 18th was in 1989!!!!!!! and no doubt involved a lot of booze and recreational substances. I remember my 21st very clearly as i was a witness to a hit and run on a pedestrian.

Local nightclub, total surprise party.

I walked in to find pretty much everyone there and the DJ asking me how it could be my 18th when he'd seen me in there for the previous 2 years??!!

Oh and a stripagram who looked like Rusty Lee...

:eek:

images

Was going through a really boring stage in life. Thought Phil Collins was good and had forgotten my roots of electronic music from the early 80's:(

Whilst everyone else was organising trips to places such as Peppermint Place and Tokyo Joes I was spending most of my free time sleeping and eating in between meals.

Had sh1t house party where mum just invited all her friends. Got mildly drunk and sneered at by mother and her husband (note he is not my step father) for trying to enjoy myself.

All in all, pretty poor really.

(incidentally it was not till 1994, when I was 22 when I found my way back on track to House Music)

ohh dear, now I feel REALLY old, I was 18 in 1978,
and I was heavily pregnant with 1st child ,:oops: so it was a subdued occasion,went out for a nice meal with my 1st hubby and family and then home to put my feet up, :lol:
funnily enough it was the same on my 21st, :lol::lol::lol:

My 18th times 2 yesterday consisted of going to Leighton Buzzard to visit mate who just had a kid, roast lamb and far too much wine, got home somehow and checked out what I had for tea by looking at the state of the kitchen, chips! I hurt now. :cry:

Carl Cox at Scream, Plymouth Warehouse (used to LOVE that space)

Uhmmmm that would've been January 1997.

My 18th was in 2007, and we'd planned to go to a club called Panache in Bristol. I only had black trainers on so they didn't let me in. It was an RnB night so I felt like I'd dodged a bullet. :lol:

Went round the corner to a superclub called Syndicate. They had a Trance night on, playing mostly commercial Trance. Never heard it before in my life. That one night kept me returning back to the club for another three years before they finally dropped all Trance from their line ups (and indeed, house too.), becoming a club catering just to Students.

Back