winter gossip..... winter gossip..... winter gossip..... ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
McRackin said:
McRackin said:
:arrow: although last winter it remained open for the first time during the winter, this time the italian restaurant il vaticano in san antonio will be closed till april!! :confused:
the hotel/restaurant la ventana in dalt vila should be open too but is not..... as you might know its owner died this summer!! :(
:arrow: another one we were expecting to see open, like the previous winters, was plastik but this time its closed.......... the fact that c. de sant antoni is one of the six streets which will be remodeled before the summer and that at the moment theres a huge hole in front of their entrance due to the works seem to be the reasons!! :idea:

jb5mdj.jpg

on a curious note, sometime ago someone told me that this time the town hall contracted six different companies (one per street) to have it finished in time.......... lets remember that last winter they remodeled only one street and they werent able to finish it till the second half of june!! :lol:

okay okay, it was TB who said that amnesia is not opening because they are reforming the club.......... now stop spanking me, pleeeeease!! :oops: :lol: :oops:

welcome back!! ;)

:arrow: the 3-year-old company UPhospitality keeps growing year by year in popularity and soon will also grow in size with the addition of the local next door to their actual office in san antonio (across the square from the ship inn)..........

jf827o.jpg

.......... with space for club 18-30, ibizahospitality, UPmanagement, UPhospitality, UPtrips, the big reunion, ibiza rock festival and sundance.......... :eek: .......... wait a minute, ibiza rock festival? what the beeeeep is the ibiza rock festival? :eek:

jf826o.jpg

is this the music festival planned for next june :?: :!: :?:

McRackin said:
:arrow: as you should know by now, space will not be open on january 1st. and as you can imagine by now, as they havent announced anything, amnesia is not opening either
even if it didnt open, space wished us a happy 2006 with various billboards around the island..........

jtp2es.jpg

.......... not like amnesia, which this time didnt even bother. one of the billboards announcing their NYE party last winter:

jtp2tv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
McRackin said:
McRackin said:
:arrow: the bar bn3 in the bay (opposite donnegans) is changing location as, apparently, the actual owner of the local didnt have the correct licences!! :confused:
dont say it to anybody but, apparently again, bn3 is moving to where tacos is further down the bay (next to the hotel riviera) and should be opening up soon!! :eek:
it opened around christmas :!:

jtox85.jpg

:arrow: a wee birdie told me that the new ibiza style cafe (between can viñas, which is about to close for good, and the friendly hairdresser antonio) is for lease too after less than one year open and that the owner max (ex-dôme, ex-oriental, ex-gorgeous) is about to leave the island to open a bar in badajoz ( ? ). as you might remember during a few years this little cafe was soap, till they moved to the former location of incognito last year :!:

k1cnbn.jpg

McRackin said:
during december the "se traspasa" sign disappeared and reappeared a few times which suggests that they may have changed, a few times, their mind about getting rid of oriental. another option could be that so far nobody wants to pay the 150.000€ which, according to a little cuu-cu cuu-cu, they are asking for the lease!! :idea:

hsnh44.jpg

:arrow: another bar that is changing location is beaver bar, previously at the top of the west end (next to delilah's) and now moved to what lately was known as corner bar (opposite joe spoons)!! :idea:

k4gvgp.jpg

:arrow: a new place to check out in ibiza town: el club in c. pere de portugal 9, which used to be the theater sala europa (between 1999 and 2005, year in which the subvention from the consell insular stopped and they had to close its doors) and its now co-owned by the penelope ressie and also artistic director sebastian gamboa plus another two guys. apparently the interior has been completely changed and now it looks more like a small club/lounge bar. even if in december they had a kind-of-opening just for friends, its closed probably due to the works on the street which will become pedestrian. keep your ears open for more details coming soon!!
485.gif

idg8bq.jpg

McRackin said:
atmoz (which only lasted one summer)

Tsss Macky a little bird told me that they will be back on another location because this one was to small. And the owner of the bar will release some new singles.

Pat Krimson feat. Catoya
"So Happy "

and I also heared he will bring back the former dance-formation Nunca. Which had a very hot singer when I was young. I know for sure Macky you would have liked her. :spank:

P0000615.jpg

McRackin said:
penelope, which is expected to get a serious facelift this winter
a well-informed little
bird.gif
told me that they had a meeting and decided not to do any interior changes or make the club bigger :!:

LRSTEFF011.jpg

:arrow: tsssk tsssk.......... :eek: :twisted: :p .......... dont say to anybody but a wee
bird.gif
tells me that this year privilege will open on june 3rd (instead of late june) and that manumission/meganite/ibiza rocks/etc will start earlier too (instead of early july). thats all i can reveal for now..........
dumb.gif
.......... at the end of this month the club will release the details so stay tuned because there will be some surprises :!:

lr_122_2284.JPG

good info mcracking keep it coming
do you have an email dress for l´elephant? need to make reservations:)

Solask there is another danish bar in the west end area, "the little mermaid" owned by Lisbeth. shes had some rough years because no one from denmark travels to the island anymore. idiots...:spank: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back