When do you think the Ibiza Clubs will fully open in 2021?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2021?

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• It won’t, 2022 at the earliest.

Results are only viewable after voting.
@LP_IBIZA has made a good post which covers a lot.

as of today, I believe all major clubs on the island will open this summer at some point - also the indoor ones. the 'when' and in which format will largely depend on what situation the balearics, spain as a whole and europe generally will be in in terms of vaccination, hospitalisation etc.

it's certainly not looking like an early start this season, but unless there are any major hiccups with the vaccine, by mid summer the situation should be vastly better. there are tons of options of how this all could play out and I am confident we will have much more of a real season this year. not a competely normal one just yet for sure, but definitely much better than 2020

Stivi , do you think a extended season is possible ? Weather should not be a issue : I was there end of october and you could do nearly everything
same as in mid of summer. Sometimes something more , because temperatures were more pleasant. Some wet and windy days , ok.

You all heard @stivi - get booking your flights! ?

well it's simply my current assumption based on various factors. I think the later the summer, the bigger the chances for some actual dancefloor action.

Stivi , do you think a extended season is possible ? Weather should not be a issue : I was there end of october and you could do nearly everything
same as in mid of summer. Sometimes something more , because temperatures were more pleasant. Some wet and windy days , ok.

until the end of october would easily be possible and is definitely an option. later than that I am not sure, it would need the airlines to continue their direct flights

well it's simply my current assumption based on various factors. I think the later the summer, the bigger the chances for some actual dancefloor action.

until the end of october would easily be possible and is definitely an option. later than that I am not sure, it would need the airlines to continue their direct flights

Yeah , Condor direct flights are until End of October. Lufthansa is possible , but more expensive. Ryanair only with 1 stop from germany , but possible.
I did it a couple of times and it was no problem to wait 2 or 3 hours in Barcelona.
Hope they take it into consideration until end of october ( best and easiest solution ).

Feel sorry for the likes of a Terminal V. Moved last April’s event to November and then to April 2021. Think they will struggle to go ahead now. Their Berlin event also moved from February to July and again not sure where we will be by then.

So many other promoters at home and in Ibiza in the same boat.

Feel sorry for the likes of a Terminal V. Moved last April’s event to November and then to April 2021. Think they will struggle to go ahead now. Their Berlin event also moved from February to July and again not sure where we will be by then.

So many other promoters at home and in Ibiza in the same boat.
Exactly mate, all those festivals that have rolled the tickets over into 2021 to try to keep afloat, not sure how many will survive if they have to give refunds.

I've got Camp Bestival tickets for late July....50/50 I'd say

if clubs don't open I hope Amnesia do carry over the ticket options they put out early last year because it was initially only meant to be valid for last and this if I remember rightly.. we snagged a few gold tickets each

I know many of this forum can travel to Ibiza without the clubs, however; as a raver and lover of dance music I really am missing a heavy sesh and a 5 day bender hitting the clubs with my mates. If Ibiza cannot offer this year, I think myself and plenty of others will look elsewhere where we can finally listen to some good music in the sunshine.

I do think some optimism has to be shown from a UK perspective - we have already vaccinated over 1.5 million of the most vulnerable (more than the whole of the EU combined) and aim to have the four most at risk groups vaccinated by Mid-February.

By April, everybody over 60 and underlying health conditions should have been vaccinated - 95% of covid deaths are related to these groups so the death toll will reduce considerably. With this in mind, how long can the government keep clubs/festivals closed if we are only having 5 deaths a day compared to over a thousand at the moment? Maybe my heart is ruling my head and I've come to expect disappointment after disappointment in the pandemic, but I do think UK clubs will be open by the summer.

With regards to Ibiza, I am not an expert on how the Spanish vaccinations are going but they will have to be ramped up to have any chance of clubs opening, a negative PCR test or proof of vaccine will probably be the way into clubs/festivals this summer. The relief will be incredible if the vaccine really is the silver bullet out of this and I really am holding onto hope I'll be on the white isle this year!

if clubs don't open I hope Amnesia do carry over the ticket options they put out early last year because it was initially only meant to be valid for last and this if I remember rightly.. we snagged a few gold tickets each

Yahhh I have a few of these too! And the Kevin & Perry ones as well

im hoping they come to use but at this stage I don't think I would whinge about paying for some dancefloor action
I was actually thinking a few hours back how much I would pay this second if it would guarantee this season was back to usual. Ie this second I pay x amount and life is back as usual, i was safely in to the thousands, I don't have too many years of being able to fit in with the young lot left ? .

Re the tickets - Surely if this summer didn't happen then 2022 would be a very long and mad summer, they could honour all prepaid tickets and still sell out through the whole summer.

I think there will be some indoor dancefloor action but at reduced capacity
But I also think masks will still be needed and that is a real vibe killer.

I think there will be some indoor dancefloor action but at reduced capacity
But I also think masks will still be needed and that is a real vibe killer.

Indoor : September , October earliest
Dont know If it makes sense economicically
to open the clubs for 2 months .Otherwise ,they open for 2 days at Nye or Helloween.
Maybe not all Clubs open , bot at every day , not the very big names.
Depends on the vaccination progress

I have reason to believe a lot of people will refuse to take the vaccine. It's not just the anti vaxxers but also people who are worried about the side effects, or are simply not buying the hype. This means the vaccine will become available to younger people at an earlier date than what is now expected.

The number of people actually travelling to Ibiza will still be considerably lower than 2019. I have a feeling people with kids will be the ones dropping out. They need time to plan holidays, and many will instead be booking a staycation in their own country. Younger people who can decide to go on a holiday on short notice will probably be flocking to Ibiza in the same numbers as before from July onwards.
Past vaccine programmes in the U.K.suggest fear and or worries about effectiveness is not a major factor. Look at uptake of MMR, at the height of the false autism link, adherence only dropped around 4%. This suggests that common sense even in the face of national news running false fear mongering stories had minimal effect. The far bigger issue is engaging the population to be bothered. There’s a surprising minority that simply have no interest in engaging with healthcare unless they’re sick. This is seen with screening for breast cancer or cervical screening etc. I’d say that’s the bigger issue.

Back