When do you think the Ibiza Clubs will fully open in 2021?

When do you think the Ibiza season will start in 2021?

• May

• June

• July

• August

• September

• October

• It won’t, 2022 at the earliest.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm in the outdoor/indoor camp here. Possibly June/July for the beach club style day clubbing and Aug/Sept for indoors. Will definitely need to produce a recent negative test before getting into the country though, vaccine or no vaccine. Not sure if this would apply to domestic travellers too from the mainland, but would've thought it necessary to try and keep the island as free as possible.

The big question though is if it is cost effective for Amnesia/Privi/Hi etc to only open for half a season- I don't know if they need to run a full season to make it worth their time

Maybe its not a question of effectivity for the clubs. Its a question to show presence after the long closed time. If they only open for
3 weeks , they show : We are back
I think they will open in september / october if its not possible earlier ( 3 das a week or so ). And then a veeery long season in 2022 if possible.

Maybe its not a question of effectivity for the clubs. Its a question to show presence after the long closed time. If they only open for
3 weeks , they show : We are back
I think they will open in september / october if its not possible earlier ( 3 das a week or so ). And then a veeery long season in 2022 if possible.
Money talks, particularly on Ibiza, and it costs a LOT of cash to get a club ready before even opening the doors, so not sure I agree with you. Potentially extending the season into Nov might be a thing though

Does seem a bit deja-vu doing this all again...just starting the conversation earlier!

madness mate can’t believe we’re back to where we were in March (ok the vaccine has started to be rolled out obviously so some progress has been made). Couple of things i’ll add though - i tried that vaccine calc which estimates dates you’re likely to get your vaccine. Tried it 2 weeks ago where it estimates july-oct tried it again now and if you need a second injection it’s saying i wont get that till nearer christmas!!!. Also when Boris was on last night they were saying to expect “some measures” back in place next winter - didn’t expand on what they might be.

i would class myself as your average clubber and if we aren’t getting vaccinated until next winter i can’t see the demand for the clubs to be open hence my original reply☹. As for testing on departure/arrival they may well try it but i think it’ll become an impossible work load to manage

I think clubs probably around August time. Although it does depend on under 50s having access to vaccines after the over 50s have been done (say end of May onwards?)

I personally wouldn't feel that comfortable in a club jammed packed with people without been vaccinated. That is of course assuming they could run the clubs like in 2019, which I'm not sure they will ?.

I have an underlying health condition which might bump me up to getting it summer time this year. But as not on any meds at min, its currently saying Sept or Oct time?‍♂️

I have reason to believe a lot of people will refuse to take the vaccine. It's not just the anti vaxxers but also people who are worried about the side effects, or are simply not buying the hype. This means the vaccine will become available to younger people at an earlier date than what is now expected.

The number of people actually travelling to Ibiza will still be considerably lower than 2019. I have a feeling people with kids will be the ones dropping out. They need time to plan holidays, and many will instead be booking a staycation in their own country. Younger people who can decide to go on a holiday on short notice will probably be flocking to Ibiza in the same numbers as before from July onwards.

do you guys reckon there will be zero travel until vaccinations?
From the UK, I’d expect current restrictions to continue at least until the top 4 priority groups are sorted. The law that came into force today lasts until 31st March if necessary

do you guys reckon there will be zero travel until vaccinations?
Who knows, long way to go mate, plenty could happen in the next few weeks. For example, this new strain of the virus that was shooting up the charts over Christmas, is now going down again where I live (south east). Everything is just so unpredictable....

my vaccine callulator says im not likely to get it till mid July to end of September (first dose) so I'm hoping @Snowy is right

I think I'm a little more optimistic than some on here - as much as safety and wellbeing must and will take priority I do think that due to a combination of the vaccine being pumped out in large and increasing numbers and the island NEEDING a season after this year that we will see some form of clubbing action. Definitely not as we know it at full capacity until 2022 at the earliest but definitely outdoor and potentially some indoors at a limited capacity.

I seem to recall Spain trialling some form of rapid testing somewhere recently for a small scale concert/event and personally I think that may end up being the answer.

My assumption is that it may be a combination of two things - firstly a requirement that a negative test must provide within a 72 hours window of takeoff to board your flight and then before entry to a club potentially a rapid test on arrival at a venue or potentially beforehand at a neutral venue prior to attending which allows you access to clubs for 72 hours for example.

I do believe outdoor clubbing seems the most likely if anything is to go ahead - as others have said venues such as Ushuaia, Benimussa Park, Destino, Blue Marlin, Cova Santa etc but also potentially some venue's having to be a little smarter about potentially using carparks like Amnesia.

At the very best I think indoor clubbing may be possible based upon the above and at limited capacity - something like a maximum of 50% and it then becomes a question of whether that is viable/profitable for a club vs closing down for an entire year. I would hazard a guess that some of these venues simply cannot survive another season totally closed and they're a huge part of the island's tourism so I would expect some form of resolution be it hell or high water!

Maybe that's slightly more my heart speaking than my head - but I miss the island and would give anything to even have a semi-normal trip over there for 2021 and I would more than happily abide by the above if it meant that would be the case, even if it is a little inconvenient. Fingers crossed all ?

Last edited:
I don't really have an opinion on this as it relies on a government I know nothing about making the decision over there. It does feel better than last year as we have longer to plan for summer, plus the obvious fact that some people will have been vaccinated.

I imagine it will be a test needed to fly by the summer time unless certain countries decided to have a travel corridor kind of thing with other countries that have vaccinated a lot and therefore have low transmissions. I think the latter is unlikely though as obviously certain destinations (Ibiza especially as tourists are disproportionately young in comparison to an average population and therefore few will be vaccinated)

I'm actually a little more optimistic than some on here - as much as safety and wellbeing must and will take priority I do think that due to a combination of the vaccine being pumped out in large and increasing numbers and the island NEEDING a season after this year that we will see some form of clubbing action. Definitely not as we know it at full capacity until 2022 at the earliest but definitely outdoor and potentially some indoors at a limited capacity.

I seem to recall Spain trialling some form of rapid testing somewhere recently for a small scale concert/event and personally I think that may end up being the answer.

My assumption is that it may be a combination of two things - firstly a requirement that a negative test must provide within a 72 hours window of takeoff to board your flight and then before entry to a club potentially a rapid test on arrival at a venue or potentially beforehand at a neutral venue prior to attending which allows you access to clubs for 72 hours for example.

I do believe outdoor clubbing seems the most likely if anything is to go ahead - as others have said venues such as Ushuaia, Benimussa Park, Destino, Blue Marlin, Cova Santa etc but also potentially some venue's having to be a little smarter about potentially using carparks like Amnesia.

At the very best I think indoor clubbing may be possible based upon the above and at limited capacity - something like a maximum of 50% and it then becomes a question of whether that is viable/profitable for a club vs closing down for an entire year. I would hazard a guess that some of these venues simply cannot survive another season totally closed and they're a huge part of the island's tourism so I would expect some form of resolution be it hell or high water!

Maybe that's slightly more my heart speaking than my head - but I miss the island and would give anything to even have a semi-normal trip over there for 2021 and I would more than happily abide by the above if it meant that would be the case, even if it is a little inconvenient. Fingers crossed all ?
Agree with most of that, I think most people were of the opinion that the island could survive one year of (mostly) shutdown, but not 2.

Weirdly I watched a video of how Thailand is coping during the pandemic (I often get sucked into a rabbit hole of videos on Youtube!), and there was one on there that said the oldest Go-go bar in Pataya was shutting after 40-odd years. They said that they could just about survive one lockdown, but the second one has finished them off. *edit I just re-read that so insert your own jokes about finishing off

I sincerely hope similar things don't happen in Ibiza with the clubs

I think we have all been optimistic and I always prefer looking at things glass half full. However UK announcement talking about 2021 winter restrictions and my Vaccine Date Tracker of 20th December 2021 for my second jab has made me a little less optimistic of a quick recovery.

Feel sorry for all the people who have already moved weddings from last year and promoters etc who have already moved large scale events 2/3 times.

Planning anything at the moment is just a nightmare.

I think we have all been optimistic and I always prefer looking at things glass half full. However UK announcement talking about 2021 winter restrictions and my Vaccine Date Tracker of 20th December 2021 for my second jab has made me a little less optimistic of a quick recovery.

Feel sorry for all the people who have already moved weddings from last year and promoters etc who have already moved large scale events 2/3 times.

Planning anything at the moment is just a nightmare.
Chris Whitty has to take caution when he answers these questions. He pretty much confirmed that there was a chance there might be a small amount of restrictions if needed, so probably something like a mask on public transport to keep transmission at low levels whilst the rest are vaccinated.

Cases will likely be slowing with every vaccination given, so even if 20m have been vaccinated in summer then (likely) there are 1/3 less people the virus can transmit through, plus anyone that still has antibodies from having it. I feel reasonably optimistic in general.

Chris Whitty has to take caution when he answers these questions. He pretty much confirmed that there was a chance there might be a small amount of restrictions if needed, so probably something like a mask on public transport to keep transmission at low levels whilst the rest are vaccinated.

Cases will likely be slowing with every vaccination given, so even if 20m have been vaccinated in summer then (likely) there are 1/3 less people the virus can transmit through, plus anyone that still has antibodies from having it. I feel reasonably optimistic in general.

Yeah I did kinda think a potential mountain had been made out of a molehill from the media after that comment - "some form of restrictions" could be hugely minimal as opposed to the restrictions we're under now! Who knows that's part of the problem right now, you cannot predict more than a few days to a week in advance.

Things are feeling very negative in the UK right now but can likewise flip very positive as Spring/Summer kick in - fingers crossed with the vaccine too things can only get better!

I think you have to vaccinated to go to IBZ for clubbing.
If a the test has a quality of 99 Percent ( impossible !) in a venue of 1000, we will have 1 infected guy statistically. One is enough , maybe to infect
10 or more in this setting. Next day this people are in a different club and so on. Season over ...
Testing alone is not working for high risk situations in my opinion. Only low risk situations like beaches , outdoor dining and so on

Israel working with 10 other countries, including Greeve on a “green pass” type system whereby if you have been vaccinated OR confirmed to have had covid then you will be able to travel between the countries signed up to the system without the need to provide a negative PCR result.

I don’t agree with vaccine passports which would stop folk travelling if they’ve not had it, but the above system, if implemented by countries certainly does seem pretty fair and would help tourism out somewhat.

@LP_IBIZA has made a good post which covers a lot.

as of today, I believe all major clubs on the island will open this summer at some point - also the indoor ones. the 'when' and in which format will largely depend on what situation the balearics, spain as a whole and europe generally will be in in terms of vaccination, hospitalisation etc.

it's certainly not looking like an early start this season, but unless there are any major hiccups with the vaccine, by mid summer the situation should be vastly better. there are tons of options of how this all could play out and I am confident we will have much more of a real season this year. not a competely normal one just yet for sure, but definitely much better than 2020

Back