What's going to happen to SPACE after 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy memories of Pacha VIP are flooding back to me...
Dancing on the dance floor back left near where the toilets are, as those behind the rope threw lumps of ice at the regulars InFront of them, with staff (glass collectors/door staff) unwilling to intervene because they'd spent more money than us :spank:

To be fair that's twats just being twats :confused:

I think the more I read the more I feel the anti VIP vibes have got/are getting people's backs up because most of the people going VIP really aren't at all :lol:
The faux rich, or bank rolled by wealthy parents that don't live in touch with reality that the rest of us live in seem to want to separate themselves from the peasants(us), and it's had a very detrimental side effect on clubbing in general. Especially in Ibiza when at one time the really famous or super rich would get in with the crowd and have a go. Everyone was on the same level and only genuine VIP would have a private area for genuine reasons and not because they wanted bottle service behind a rope that made them think/feel they're a better class.
The greed is taking over the island way quicker then I ever thought, I even believed it was a phase a few years back but it does seem to be losing the loose spirit vibe it once had. Still better then anywhere for me as these days I spend more time not clubbing and enjoying company with the locals in their local hang outs.

I agree with this.

Never had a bad session in there, don't even notice the VIP, to busy having a good time. Openings, Closings and Ants music has always been good for me

You mean that you think it's sh?t.....that's fine Diver, I just don't agree with you

Didn't even notice VIP? It takes up almost the entire one side.

Ushuaia is really only a meh venue to me. Once you get past the larger than life production, it's boring. You have a big concrete space with a huge pool in the middle. The layout is just pretty awful and the VIP doesn't make it any better.

The early party in the back is the best part of it IMO. Good vibes and more room to breath (sometimes). Once it goes to mainstage, it turns into a concert, the vibe goes away and there is not much dancing. It's just not that great of a venue imo.

Last edited:
Well ain't this a post about Space the greatest club in the world and what happens next than the Disneyland adventures across the road?

Nic F dropping Domino is never going to sound like a concert to me, too busy having a good time to give a monkeys about VIP, what they look like or if they dance or not

Layout isn't great, and God help anyone who jumps in the pool

May pop in there tonight as it happens ....then the biggie tomorrow

Haha your getting as infatuated with me as much as Dirk !

Looking forward to it, but not sure about the 30 min sets at all

More interested to find out what is next for the club, gave my view on a different thread

I love Ushuaia and it's the way this music is meant to be heard. If I wanted to dance in some dark room with no effects or anything id stay here in Toronto, but the spectacle is a big reason why ppl come to Ibiza. Plus Ushuaia is one of the few places you can party outdoors which is getting increasingly hard to do so now and f*** it, you can also smoke weed there too. Let's not forget about the multiple planes flying overhead too!

I think those that hate on it just do it becuase of the lineups they see and are biased but outside the music policy and just as a venue it's great

I love Ushuaia and it's the way this music is meant to be heard. If I wanted to dance in some dark room with no effects or anything id stay here in Toronto, but the spectacle is a big reason why ppl come to Ibiza. Plus Ushuaia is one of the few places you can party outdoors which is getting increasingly hard to do so now and f*** it, you can also smoke weed there too. Let's not forget about the multiple planes flying overhead too!

I think those that hate on it just do it becuase of the lineups they see and are biased but outside the music policy and just as a venue it's great

Utter tripe

Nah I'll give him some credit, part of what he says is true, there's definitely a snobbery against Ushuaia that I've seen on here.

As a stand alone venue, aesthetically it's good, as a concept it's good. An awful lot of the hate it does get on here stems from the clientele and the artists that play there.

The only thing Ushuaia has going for it is that it's outdoors. But as an outdoor venue, it's pretty lame. I've been to better outdoor venues in Brooklyn.

It's just really hard to have fun there when a pool takes up the majority of the dance floor, the front is clusterf***, the left hand side is awkward, and the back has no vibe because it's too far away from the main stage.

The only thing Ushuaia has going for it is that it's outdoors. But as an outdoor venue, it's pretty lame. I've been to better outdoor venues in Brooklyn.

It's just really hard to have fun there when a pool takes up the majority of the dance floor, the front is clusterf***, the left hand side is awkward, and the back has no vibe because it's too far away from the main stage.

I'll agree with the pool. It looks nice, but what's the point of having it really if you're not gonna allow ppl to swim in or anything? Other than that I stand by what I said.

Did you used to post on TranceAddict too?

Never understood why they dont make some sort of dancefloor that goes over the pool when 'concerts' are on, would make the dance floor bigger, although imagine if it collapsed lol!

Overall, I don't like the place, last time I went was when Sasha has a weekly party there, which was good to be fair!

For outdoor venues, Destino wins hands down these days!

Anyway, whats going to happen to Space!?

Never understood why they dont make some sort of dancefloor that goes over the pool when 'concerts' are on, would make the dance floor bigger, although imagine if it collapsed lol!

I thought about this too, would really make some of their events less crowded!

How long before it actually sets in... No space ibiza ever again.
2017 and onwards will be very interesting. I genuinely think ibiza could take a massive dive down the shitter in the next few years.
With all the buzz around the closing it will actually take a while to sink in and realise NO MORE SPACE.
Massive piece of ibiza gone, perhaps the biggest piece.

How long before it actually sets in... No space ibiza ever again.
2017 and onwards will be very interesting. I genuinely think ibiza could take a massive dive down the shitter in the next few years.
With all the buzz around the closing it will actually take a while to sink in and realise NO MORE SPACE.
Massive piece of ibiza gone, perhaps the biggest piece.

I agree, even i thought to myself earlier must go the opening next year... Oh S**T!! A main organ of ibiza had been ripped out. Part of me is glad its all over now so i dont feel jealous and sad, which has been built up over the last year since the news broke and the realisation that i was not going to be there. But then the other half of me is absolutely devastated that i will never ever get to step foot back in the place EVER again.. A part of me died today :(:(:(:(

Any news about whats gonna happen next year? I cannot bare the thought of them lot over the road taking it over... EDM central....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back