What's going to happen to SPACE after 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Pepe will not do for sure is owning another Club that pays 21% VAT.
He will manage to find a license (hotel, restaurant...) that pays 10% VAT and lets him open during the day. I think this is what Ushuaia and others are doing and seems more profitable.

Do you agree?

Sorry if this has already been speculated on the forum elsewhere, but is the Urgells putting Pacha Group on the market and saying they don't like how Mastutes goes about business the biggest indication yet that one or more of their flagship nights is jumping ship next year?

Sorry if this has already been speculated on the forum elsewhere, but is the Urgells putting Pacha Group on the market and saying they don't like how Mastutes goes about business the biggest indication yet that one or more of their flagship nights is jumping ship next year?

Who do you reckon? :twisted:

Guetta would be another logical move I would have thought what with him having a good relationship with Ushuaia and Pissenem? If they get those 2 then they are the 2 big Pacha nights.

Also saw an interview with Urgell saying he was fed up with not being able to do much with Destino and the Matutes are allowed to do parties everyday at Ushuaia. I think the frustration has a lot more to it than simply annoyance at what may or may not happen next year and goes back a lot further.

I think Pepe Rosello and Urgell have a lot of respect for each other and are quite closely allied. Perhaps with Pepe not having Space next year and potentially retiring, that is another factor.

How, exactly is Ushuaia tearing the soul out of the Island ?????? , it offers a different style of music that everyone not on this forum like, but Ants has been very good again this year

VIP has always been on the island, it maybe more prominent now, but all the clubs offer it

How, exactly is Ushuaia tearing the soul out of the Island ?????? , it offers a different style of music that everyone not on this forum like, but Ants has been very good again this year

VIP has always been on the island, it maybe more prominent now, but all the clubs offer it
But it's also about how the clubs offer it. VIP areas at Pacha and Ushuaia are much more prominent as in the other clubs. Does Sankeys even have a VIP? I don't think so.

But it's also about how the clubs offer it. VIP areas at Pacha and Ushuaia are much more prominent as in the other clubs. Does Sankeys even have a VIP? I don't think so.

It does.

But, I agree with you otherwise.

I neither like or dislike Ushuaia, I've been a couple of times and enjoyed it. However it is not only VIP attracted crowds going in- I know a couple who certainly are not in that bracket who visited the island for the first time in May, loved it and booked again in August with two trips to Ushuaia. Also another close friend went 3 out of his four nights in Ibiza last year. I'm happy if it caters for certain people's taste as long as there are places for other taste- that's why I am unhappy about Space closing.

Last edited:
Im far from vip and have no intention of ever going vip in a club either at home or ibiza. I love ushuaia as a venue and ants as a night. Ibiza has always had vip and its always been there for u to take it or leave it.

It's sh1t dude, let's be honest

Never had a bad session in there, don't even notice the VIP, to busy having a good time. Openings, Closings and Ants music has always been good for me

You mean that you think it's sh?t.....that's fine Diver, I just don't agree with you
Nightclub, yeah I get it
After hours, onward from nightclub
Dayclub, I don't get it !
Plus the whole layout and VIP ting

I think the more I read the more I feel the anti VIP vibes have got/are getting people's backs up because most of the people going VIP really aren't at all :lol:
The faux rich, or bank rolled by wealthy parents that don't live in touch with reality that the rest of us live in seem to want to separate themselves from the peasants(us), and it's had a very detrimental side effect on clubbing in general. Especially in Ibiza when at one time the really famous or super rich would get in with the crowd and have a go. Everyone was on the same level and only genuine VIP would have a private area for genuine reasons and not because they wanted bottle service behind a rope that made them think/feel they're a better class.
The greed is taking over the island way quicker then I ever thought, I even believed it was a phase a few years back but it does seem to be losing the loose spirit vibe it once had. Still better then anywhere for me as these days I spend more time not clubbing and enjoying company with the locals in their local hang outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back