The Social Festival - Sat 12th September - Maidstone, Kent, UK

Hmm I guess Sasha and Diggers and Weatherall aren't a big enough pull for the kids and that's their target audience. The older crowd who fancy it either can't mission it to Kent or generally have more commitments.

I'm deffo there on the Saturday but on best behavior as I'm playing later in the evening. Will probably try and sneak in on the Friday night and can let my hair down a little I guess.

6 of us have VIP camping, but both me and another friend have had emails saying we have won tickets.
Sounds like we could have saved alot of money.:cry:

I won 2 tickets and paid the £9 for them, but even that still don't think I go, would need a room, plus travel etc it all adds up :(

Any news on how its selling now?

Loads of people winning tickets.

My tickets sales and general interest is up on last year for Saturday. I'm convinced this will sell out prior to the day.

Friday is, sadly, the opposite.

Friday decision is weird. It's after a bank holiday, end of summer. It reminds me of when Fatboy Slim did a gig at the Amex in Brighton when it opened on a random Friday & Saturday. The Friday wasn't that busy because it was just a random date in June or something

I'm really tempted to go to this, mainly for S + D as I'm sure most of those who bought tickets are going for too!

I just can't be arsed with the journey, 2.5+ hours on a train and not much faster in the car...

the fact the friday is struggling makes it more appealing as will be less knob heads there but really not sure i can be bothered with the mission

lads any cheap hotels in the area?got my sat ticket but thinking of doing the friday aswell.

Predictably they've all hiked their prices for this weekend. I'd try the Village, the Hilton or Innkeeper Lodge @ White Rabbit in terms of location, accessibility to the festival and general room quality.

Back