Solomun +1 @ PACHA 2023 - Reviews & Reports

OK, another phenomenal night this week. I might seem overly positive here but having been a Solomun groupie 2012-19 and then from 2019 to recently being a bit critical of him, I’m loving these nights again.

First thing to note was the concept of no +1. Or I think they should be called Solomun + YOU. I think it worked better to be honest, and spilt up that standard night of +1 to 02:30 and then the crazy push and shoving when he comes on.

I think they have 3 of these planned over the season, and I’d even do more based on last night. Last night was about Solomun in the booth, and only Solomun. None of the usual industry darlings, ex F1 drivers and hangers on in the booth - this was Solomun alone, and working his magic. Absolutely brilliant to see and experience.

He came on just after 01:30 and purposefully understated. He played the first 30-45 mins almost like a resident. Lots of more slower House sound to help build the night up. Even a few vibes from his Watergate 11 I thought (for those of you that were born then). And then boom from about 02:15…. Peak Solomun…

I tried to Shazam a few tracks, but there were whole sections of unreleased or new material. There were 30-45 minute stretches where I’d never heard the music before and Shazam was having none of it.

In the middle of it all dropping Rock The House on that Pacha sound system! Heaven.

The crowd was brilliant too, was a classic “Ahhh September” vibe. The week before was good, this was even better. Anyone who got slightly put off last season, give it another go. It’s like the crowd were just in position for the whole night - and most were.
Some room to dance? I maybe plan to go 1st Oct

Yes, there was room. Though I think it helps that people just got in position and danced. Less groups of 20 people trying to walk through Pacha at 3am like it’s a railway station.

Can also confirm there was plenty of room upstairs including they opened part of VIP area directly opposite the DJ at about 0300 which created a lot more space … will do a bit more of a review when I get my head together

Ok back in the game after some canas and mojitos so here goes for my review of Solomun All Night Long September 2 2023 … this was our first time seeing Solomun in 2023 (apart from 90 mins b2b the night before) which is unusual for us and I wasn’t sure what to expect …

We had a fairly chilled day in the wind prior but slightly mistimed our disco nap and pre-party so wasn’t feeling tip top on entry but arrived in the queue before opening and got in at 0005 just in case Solomun actually played all night long which on this occasion he didn’t (started at 0130 as per Mr Why’s info) … so we headed up to the upstairs terrace where the wind was blowing a hooly and chilled for a bit until we partook around 1am … Sassette came up super quick and I got kindof stuck in a perpetual come up but we headed inside for the beginning of Solomun’s set and there was good space around the edges … now full disclaimer … we are somewhat Solomun super fans (seen him >40 times worldwide since 2014) but really haven’t been feeling it post Covid so wasn’t sure what to expect but musically it’s been massively underwhelming recently and for me was pretty much the same last night … no tracks stood out (apart from Maceo Plex Be Here Now remix and perhaps Krystal Klears remix of Sven Vaths Feiern) and still a lot of these hip hop vocal efforts of what seems tricked up tech house and overly gimmicky break downs … but we had a lot of fun and met some nice characters … there was a good amount of room to dance and good mix of genders and no hint of aggro … I tapped out at 6am and dragged the wife home since I didn’t really have any big tracks to look forward and was gassed … don’t worry though we will be back next Sunday and again for closing with Dixon (which I am anticipating being on another level) … we have a couple of days rest now … considering heading to Cala Gracioneta for the private Keinemusik event on Weds but really looking forward to seeing Sven at Akasha on Thursday …

"and still a lot of these hip hop vocal"

So I have to find another plan for 1st October 😂

I didn’t think there were anywhere as much as previous sets I’ve listened to over the last few years. Yes there are some crazy bits, but nothing like 2022 IMO.

Ok back in the land of the living so will give a short report on Solomun + Midland from September 10th … we are coming towards the end of our ten day trip and had a few niggles and as such perhaps wasn’t in the best frame of mind heading down to Pacha at about 0030 … queue was short and as we entered Midland was playing some interesting / obscure house stuff … now I might have been a bit concerned that his sound might be too “soft” for me but really shouldn’t have been worried after chilling on the terrace we saw the last hour of his set and at one point he played an really old 90s hard trance track and really whipped the crowd up with not too much of a warm up … there was plenty of space upstairs and we eventually settled on the balcony directly opposite the booth and they opened this entire section by about 0300 which made for good vibes all round … we managed to make some nice friends with a lovely couple of Scots and later a younger English couple on their honeymoon … Solomun initially calmed it down and then went into overdrive with a much tighter set than his last week all night long …. Things get a bit hazy here but with a nice gang to interact with we had the very best time and this really restored our faith in the night we build our trips around … party finished at 0705 with this track Westbam track which i absolutely love :

Roll on closing with Dixon …

Ok back in the land of the living so will give a short report on Solomun + Midland from September 10th … we are coming towards the end of our ten day trip and had a few niggles and as such perhaps wasn’t in the best frame of mind heading down to Pacha at about 0030 … queue was short and as we entered Midland was playing some interesting / obscure house stuff … now I might have been a bit concerned that his sound might be too “soft” for me but really shouldn’t have been worried after chilling on the terrace we saw the last hour of his set and at one point he played an really old 90s hard trance track and really whipped the crowd up with not too much of a warm up … there was plenty of space upstairs and we eventually settled on the balcony directly opposite the booth and they opened this entire section by about 0300 which made for good vibes all round … we managed to make some nice friends with a lovely couple of Scots and later a younger English couple on their honeymoon … Solomun initially calmed it down and then went into overdrive with a much tighter set than his last week all night long …. Things get a bit hazy here but with a nice gang to interact with we had the very best time and this really restored our faith in the night we build our trips around … party finished at 0705 with this track Westbam track which i absolutely love :

Roll on closing with Dixon …
Love this tune. Always playing this one. 😍

I also went on Sunday. Somewhat unbelievably my first +1 of 2023 (underlines how little I was impressed last term).

After being disappointed with the music direction at Diynamic Outdoors two weeks ago, I was very pleased that Solomun played a completely different type of set. Had a blinding night. In fact, every visit to Pacha this summer has the potential to be a favourite for different reasons.

Spent most of time between the stairs leading down for the Funky Room and the spot on left hand side when facing the DJ just at the bottom of said steps. A couple of visits to the rooftop but lots of dancing. Very friendly crowd.

Left at 05:30 because co-partyer had had enough. Personally, I could have stayed (in fairness, she started cracking on a lot earlier than I did)

In fact, every visit to Pacha this summer has the potential to be a favourite for different reasons.

I can not quite put my finger on it, but it has become an easy place to visit hasn't it? I will get some bias accusations thrown here, and I love all clubs from DC10, to Amnesia and Hi (Glitterbox and Club Room). But I went to Pacha 4 times the last two weeks and it's just effortless and easy and f**king amazing time on all 4 occasions - so a good hit!

DC10 probably still my fav club, but the queues, pushing, loo queues (while worth it) are just effort.

I can not quite put my finger on it, but it has become an easy place to visit hasn't it? I will get some bias accusations thrown here, and I love all clubs from DC10, to Amnesia and Hi (Glitterbox and Club Room). But I went to Pacha 4 times the last two weeks and it's just effortless and easy and f**king amazing time on all 4 occasions - so a good hit!

DC10 probably still my fav club, but the queues, pushing, loo queues (while worth it) are just effort.
Of the big guys, DC10 would take my crown too if it wasn't for the very same reasons you mentioned but at the same time always look forward to visit Pacha.

Amnesia is and always will be mine - but my love for Pacha grows with every visit! Special club that on the right night! 👌🏻

DC10 I’ve had some great nights but also some underwhelming and frustrating ones, mainly due to crowd levels - and I’m not one who moans about it or gets too bothered when it’s packed - but it seems to be the worst place for it consistently!

Still awaiting @greg1183 review from Sunday :cool:
Thank you for reminding me Mr Why 😅, I was a little high when I said I was going to write a review, I think I have never done one or very few 😅
Well since September 1st we have been living in Ibiza with my partner and my 3 month old daughter which changes a lot of things compared to before!
Well, we had our babysitter booked who came to the house around 11:30 pm and at midnight we were on the road to pacha, a quick stop at a not too expensive bar for 2.3 drinks and at 1:30 al we were in pacha ! short tour of the club (I didn’t go to pacha very often the last few years ) and a lot of things have changed since the renovation, last year, at the end of July there were so many people that I stayed in the same place until 5:30 -6 am (the place where I have spent a lot of time for 21 years 😅) and so I haven't really seen the transformations., I think it's better like that, a real club now that keeps its essence.
Sunday there were people yes but not rammed either, so much better like that, good audience, not too many phones either (except when solomun starts but it disn’t bother me much )Midland was playing I had never seen it and I really liked his built up, at 2h30 or 3h solomun started (I'm not the biggest fan of solomun, I like it sometimes but I had a few times where I didn’t like it at all ) I saw it on several occasions this year in festival, sometimes bad and the last time just incredible, Sunday I found it good 👌, I don't Shazam often so I can't give you a track like that and I didn't recognize any obvious track (or I didn't remember more 😅) most of them were track not released anyway. I think I spent most of the night dancing, what I really like and had lot of fun (last summer in high season I couldn't do it because there was not enough room and I had to wait until 5 am and at 7 it closes so it's not enough for my taste) and an after party with a child is more complicated,
in short, all in all it was really a very good night that I would try to do again very soon , pacha personal point of view is starting to become my 2nd best club on the island, amnésia remains the 1st and I hope for a long time ♥️

Thank you for reminding me Mr Why 😅, I was a little high when I said I was going to write a review, I think I have never done one or very few 😅
Well since September 1st we have been living in Ibiza with my partner and my 3 month old daughter which changes a lot of things compared to before!
Well, we had our babysitter booked who came to the house around 11:30 pm and at midnight we were on the road to pacha, a quick stop at a not too expensive bar for 2.3 drinks and at 1:30 al we were in pacha ! short tour of the club (I didn’t go to pacha very often the last few years ) and a lot of things have changed since the renovation, last year, at the end of July there were so many people that I stayed in the same place until 5:30 -6 am (the place where I have spent a lot of time for 21 years 😅) and so I haven't really seen the transformations., I think it's better like that, a real club now that keeps its essence.
Sunday there were people yes but not rammed either, so much better like that, good audience, not too many phones either (except when solomun starts but it disn’t bother me much )Midland was playing I had never seen it and I really liked his built up, at 2h30 or 3h solomun started (I'm not the biggest fan of solomun, I like it sometimes but I had a few times where I didn’t like it at all ) I saw it on several occasions this year in festival, sometimes bad and the last time just incredible, Sunday I found it good 👌, I don't Shazam often so I can't give you a track like that and I didn't recognize any obvious track (or I didn't remember more 😅) most of them were track not released anyway. I think I spent most of the night dancing, what I really like and had lot of fun (last summer in high season I couldn't do it because there was not enough room and I had to wait until 5 am and at 7 it closes so it's not enough for my taste) and an after party with a child is more complicated,
in short, all in all it was really a very good night that I would try to do again very soon , pacha personal point of view is starting to become my 2nd best club on the island, amnésia remains the 1st and I hope for a long time ♥️
Aaah , I forget to ask , how amnesia is running this year ? ( not many review on the forum about amnesia ) would like to go to pyramid and paradise( more pyramid ) and then the closing the 14th of October in morning time where i hope it will be rocking 😋

Hello my friends!
Sorry for the long and unjustified absence. My work hasn't allowed me to come here anymore, but now I'm going to start paying more attention here.

I'll do my review of the solomun night here in this thread, and the general review of my first time in ibiza in the main thread.

- On August 13th I went to one of the most unlikely nights of the year to hear two of my great references: Solomun and Steve Angello together. Expectations were really high for this, and I think the night lived up to them.
This was the first night in August that I had been on the island and I can say that I noticed a difference in the type of crowd I saw on the dance floor compared to other months like October or September, more tourists and tourists who don't dance much. Apart from that, the pacha is always the pacha. Steve Angello warmed up the dancefloor with some of his secret weapons, with lots of mobile phones and fans close to him - after all, it was his return to a place where he had been very happy. And he showed his darker side, reminiscent of his alter ego Mezcal Kid.

Solomun came in and his b2b worked very well. I think it was a risky bet but it worked out well! They really respected each other and it showed (I was at the frontline for the last hour and noticed how they respected each other). The finale was godsend, playing some classics like "sing it back" or "i feel love", it really reminded me of the pacha of yesteryear.
All in all, I liked it and it lived up to expectations.
Anyone here who went?

Back