*** Ibiza Gossip 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame it didnt go to privilege, would really like to see that place in full swing again, Cocoon was alright when it moved there back in 07, and Megenite used to be good, so a big techno night can work there!

It started out in Ibiza at the Vista Room in Privilege - went in the first year and had a great time. Thing is the bigger it gets the less of the real intimate party spirit you (used to) get at Row 14 survives. It just becomes a huge show full of people standing about gawking at the spectacle !

without giving away too much yet, but...

...some of the guys that were rumored to move venues stay where they've been in the last years.

still gonna be a very interesting year.

more later.

Mr Why will be pleased!

HaHa. Indeed. Though with regards to Carola, I kind of prefer him outside of Amnesia (for all the reasons we've talked about over the last few years).

So if "Ushuaia Club Project" opens this summer ....would it be ENTER. as the flagship maybe?

Let's talk season length....with the closings taking a new twist this past year and spreading out over 2 weekends, and considering the record numbers / how busy it stayed at the end...what do we think is gonna happen this year?

Could Ushuaia/Amnesia/DC10 go back to closing on the same weekend? And would that be Oct 7/8/9 (the "obvious" weekend, before the events of last year, I would say)...that feels a bit early now, especially if that means all the residencies need to wrap up the week prior. Could the residencies conceivably bleed into the week starting Oct 9, and bump the big closings to the 14/15/16? That feels late though, even later than this past season. But there certainly were enough people this season.

Or do we think the fragmentation will just continue to the point where there's no such thing as a single big closing weekend...taking things farther, does it even make sense to speak of closings in terms of "weekends" now that Space is gone? (sigh).

Thoughts...?

I'd have thought 7/8/9th for club closings this year with things like Cocoon closing happening on the 1st/2nd? Can never say for sure though...not sure the numbers stretch into mid October on a normal year, last year was different with Space closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back