Ibiza blues

Wow ... 3 of the best pieces of advice I've seen in an age in two consecutive posts :

If you're not able to reach states of happiness, it's time to call it quits and take (I'd say) a good few months out. Ibiza is paradise, but it would be a mistake to think you can stay in paradise (or at least Ibiza in holiday mode) constantly or even for much of your time.

Appreciating the simple things like sleeping normally and my mum's Sunday lunch have been winners also for kicking the blues!!

the most enduring sources of happiness are to be found in the simplest of things.

... and the winner :

"He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man." The urge to excess is understandable, especially if you're going through a tough time already, but you always pay it back with interest :!:

... often that interest works out far worse than a Wonga loan. At least with the Wonga loan you can see it's extortionate but know the full cost up-front !

I'll be going back next year for sure, well barring some 'act of God'. To be fair, 3 days of misery doesn't seem that high a price to pay for an amazing week, especially if you've possibly made some long-term friends or at least folk you can meet up with next time. As for people experiencing 14 days of misery, Christ knows what they've been up to... I think I'm reasonably naughty, but one man's main course is just another man's starter. :eek:

As for people experiencing 14 days of misery, Christ knows what they've been up to... I think I'm reasonably naughty, but one man's main course is just another man's starter. :eek:

Some people adjust faster than others. 14 days of misery ? That's getting off quite lightly ... long spells in rehab not unknown !

So when are you going back then?? :lol::cool:

I'll probably go back next year .... but most likely out of Season and to coincide with a spell of unbroken sunshine. Which is all it takes for me to be as happy as a pig in sh!t these days.

Got back Monday after doing two whole weeks! I'm Knackered! Brilliant time. Gonna try one of those review thingy's soon to see if that helps!

Anyway, in the meantime...........I've just booked a flight to go back for one last party next week! Sneaky little 3 day trip! So that has cheered me right up!!

Got to do these things while we can eh? !

Got back yesterday (Wednesday) from my second trip to Ibiza in a month. Have had a hellish day today. Really thinking about another 4 day trip beginning of October. If only I could find a mate to come with me...

Got back yesterday (Wednesday) from my second trip to Ibiza in a month. Have had a hellish day today. Really thinking about another 4 day trip beginning of October. If only I could find a mate to come with me...

If I can find £500 for flights, spending money and a hotel by next Thursday then yes.

If I can find £500 for flights, spending money and a hotel by next Thursday then yes.
Damn, that seems expensive! I managed Tues to Fri next week, flights and accom for a grand total of £143 !!! Just Couldn't turn that down! Anyone else there next week, give us a shout!

Damn, that seems expensive! I managed Tues to Fri next week, flights and accom for a grand total of £143 !!! Just Couldn't turn that down! Anyone else there next week, give us a shout!

I think the flights were going to work out at something rediculous at £220 with decent flight times back on the Monday. I have to be concious of the awful twilight flights as I'm in work on the Tuesday. Hotels were decently priced for PDB then taking into account Amnesia and Space closing plus spending it was going to be about £500 and that was cutting it fine.

Definitely. :). For all sorts of reasons it can get harder and one thing's for sure ... when you look back you never regret it !
Buck it dae yee's fancy just going for it and we'll make the move permanent and start up our very own Spotlight commune:):cool:.
Then we won't have to suffer through the Fear and Paranoia when we come back/down!!!!o_O
I was thinking of maybe basing ourselves in or around one of the many Fire Towers or what the hell maybe we could all have one each and just move around to follow the Paaarty:):).
At least we could have our own space then to recover when we no doubt turn into Paranoid Androids after one too many marathon dancing sessions!@!@:spank:

I've been here since April and I fly back home on Thursday!! Dreading it, but there's a few things I'm looking forward to getting back for! A comfortable bed for a start haha!

I got back on Tuesday evening and still the dizziness and flashes/zaps haven't gone away! Surely it shouldn't take this long?! Apart from that I'm more or less in tact, but it's doing my head in! I managed a 5 mile run yesterday as I got roped into running an 8 1/2 mile leg of a cross country marathon relay race tomorrow morning. I know I can do it but these zaps are really getting to me. My friend I went with phoned me today quite concerned that he's done lasting damage to himself. The drugs in Ibiza weren't great this year and I think the sheer quantity consumed may be responsible for a long recovery period.

Got back this morning at 8:30am, was in work by 12pm. I've defintely gonna have the blues the rest of the week.

On the other hand I've just booked the 2nd - 8th October 2014 off work! Count down is on!

Back