Ibiza blues

The cravings and feelings of loss ease with time ... without a steady stream of visits it's a bit like coping with severe homesickness on a daily basis for weeks. Taken a month but am finally loving being back here again despite the weather and some terrible stress since I last went out to Ibiza.

It's taken huge positive effort to "let go" this time .... especially with paid-for closing party tickets sat in my inbox :!: Can't go through the withdrawal symptoms on top of everything else I've quit this month ... and besides, the price of so many trips wound up well out of order when the final "karmic tariff" came through. If you've ever been presented with one of these, you'll know exactly what I mean :lol:

ha the weathers terrible back home just makes it worse ah well need a big night out maybe to get over it

and ah take me with you im sure il fit in one of your cases ha

Got back early yesterday morning and the blues havent been as bad as other years ive been. Probably because its so close to the end of the season and the weather wasnt up to much our last day.
Looking through my photos isnt helping me today though to be honest :(

Me and a mate are over for a week from friday, to say we were depressed coming back in may is an understatement!!

The way i see it though is what goes up must come down, you only feel so **** cos youve had such an amazing time in an amazing place, head down and arse up earning the dollar for the next trip i say!! :D:D:D

Me and a mate are over for a week from friday, to say we were depressed coming back in may is an understatement!!

The way i see it though is what goes up must come down, you only feel so **** cos youve had such an amazing time in an amazing place, head down and arse up earning the dollar for the next trip i say!! :D:D:D

ha yeh next trip is def in the planning for sure then il be on a countdown ha

twice in one year lucky u! enjoy ur time over there!

Got back early yesterday morning and the blues havent been as bad as other years ive been. Probably because its so close to the end of the season and the weather wasnt up to much our last day.
Looking through my photos isnt helping me today though to be honest :(

was my first time over there so was good :) and we had a few days cloud but guess thats what to expect in sept didnt dampen my sprits ha
n yeh i was looking threw mine before :(

ha the weathers terrible back home just makes it worse ah well need a big night out maybe to get over it

and ah take me with you im sure il fit in one of your cases ha

I would make sure you fitted in my case!! :p

Felt pretty ropey at the end of last week and was off work sick but had NO depression or post holiday blues this time round. Think it's because I've come back and been catching up with mates that I've not seen for ages and have got loads of stuff here to look forward to.

Still want to get next years flights booked asap though!

I came back this time(early Sept) to a whole world of ****e. No house, no money :lol: But started training for a new job 3 days after we got back. My last morning I watched the most amazing sun rise before going to the airport. Not had an.ounce of depression yet :) Although I am hoping to book a 4 day trip for either April or opening parties soon with no kids, I miss the place and still think about it every day but I don't let it get to.me like I used to.

I wouldn't describe my days back so much as blues or comedown but more like a complete and utter CRASH! Was spaced out of my head for a couple of days before massively dark depression and brain zaps set in, took a couple of days to get over the worst of the depression and slowly regaining normalcy but actually had to resort to a some SSRIs I had left over to mitigate the brain zaps, seems like it will take a few weeks to get over those...

And for those of you who don't know what "brain zaps" are, here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSRI_discontinuation_syndrome

Hope I didn't bum you guys out ;)

But even through this **** and having spent 3000 EUR or so on my trip, I'll still say that it was worth it and then some! Met some really groovy people over there, most of whom are Spotlighters! What a magnificent bunch of people we are 8)

My other trips took 4-5 weeks to get over the pure depression of not being in Ibiza. Weird really as I think I was missing the incredible highs you experience being 'on it' so to speak, I've found ahappy medium and should be back for space opening so I have more good times to look forward to during the cold gloomy English winter weather :)

Checking in. I've been home for 19 hours, slept for the first 12, did nothing for the next 7, and I'm now back in bed feeling hideous. Keep having these weird brain flashes too, it's like someones come and set a camera flash off right in your eye, at the same time as when you have one of those mini fits in the night when you think you're falling. Horrible! :eek:

Depression not in full swing yet, that'll be monday morning.

Haha, somehow it's mildly uplifting to know someone's going through the same suffering ;)

Take plenty of fish oil or other omega 3 source, magnesium (preferably magnesium chelate), vitamins B, C and D (D3 if available) , Alpha Lipoic Acid and some 5HTP might help too.
Plus the standard scripture of high quality multivits and a healthy diet with lots of fruits and veg.

Don't know for a fact that any of this actually works, but I DO know for a fact that if you believe it will work, then it will ;)

For those whose zaps/flashes are absolutely debilitating, I know of no alternative to getting hold of some mild antidepressants though...

Checking in. I've been home for 19 hours, slept for the first 12, did nothing for the next 7, and I'm now back in bed feeling hideous. Keep having these weird brain flashes too, it's like someones come and set a camera flash off right in your eye, at the same time as when you have one of those mini fits in the night when you think you're falling. Horrible! :eek:

Depression not in full swing yet, that'll be monday morning.

Haha, somehow it's mildly uplifting to know someone's going through the same suffering ;)

Take plenty of fish oil or other omega 3 source, magnesium (preferably magnesium chelate), vitamins B, C and D (D3 if available) , Alpha Lipoic Acid and some 5HTP might help too.
Plus the standard scripture of high quality multivits and a healthy diet with lots of fruits and veg.

Don't know for a fact that any of this actually works, but I DO know for a fact that if you believe it will work, then it will ;)

For those whose zaps/flashes are absolutely debilitating, I know of no alternative to getting hold of some mild antidepressants though...

Thanks for the advice. This is definitely as hard as I've hit a holiday, I've never got like this before, but there's not much I would have changed. Was SUCH a good week. Wanted to keep on writing my review tonight but my brain had given up for the night. I will get round to finishing the story about how I put myself in this condition!

I came back and within 2 days I had a really bad cold and chest infection, I,ve been back 7 days and only now just starting to feel better,

Back