go pro/selfie sticks

LAkid

Are the big clubs allowing go pro and selfie sticks into the clubs? What about the beach clubs?

What's worse than everyone standing filming on their phones?..... Everyone with poxy selfie sticks filming the bloody night out.

Christ!

What next, green screens and a film crew for a night out??

To be fair, im not interested in taking a selfie. But i wouldnt mind get some videos of the crowd, th party, and the club. Something wrong in that? Coming from LA...i dont get to go to ibiza often and enjoy photography and video.

Exactly, this ain't LA kid
Ha! What an ignorant reaponse. Have you been to LA? Ease up on the consumption of reality TV shows bud. LA's clubs are not full of people who have traveled halfway across the world to be there, nor are they as nice and pretty as Ibiza clubs. As a result, i do not recall ever seeing a poxy stick in a club in LA. Im sure recording videos in the clubs is far more common in ibiza than in LA, for good reason. I can think of 10 things club douche bags do that are far more annoying then snapping a 30 second video of the party. But thanks again for your contribution to the thread.

To be fair, im not interested in taking a selfie. But i wouldnt mind get some videos of the crowd, th party, and the club. Something wrong in that? Coming from LA...i dont get to go to ibiza often and enjoy photography and video.

Getting some short videos from the crowd with Ur phone is different than having selfie stick and go pros.
I think you should check out the paris hilton party ;)

Ha! What an ignorant reaponse. Have you been to LA? Ease up on the consumption of reality TV shows bud. LA's clubs are not full of people who have traveled halfway across the world to be there, nor are they as nice and pretty as Ibiza clubs. As a result, i do not recall ever seeing a poxy stick in a club in LA. Im sure recording videos in the clubs is far more common in ibiza than in LA, for good reason. I can think of 10 things club douche bags do that are far more annoying then snapping a 30 second video of the party. But thanks again for your contribution to the thread.
Ouch! You've bitten hard there mate. Think he was just having a laugh and a play on words... Chill. Each to their own.

Last edited:

Yes I've been to LA, aka the home of the selfie. Recording in Ibiza clubs varies on the party. At the EDM parties you'll see a lot of cameras for sure. If you bring a selfie stick to DC10 or Cocoon, you will be laughed at.

What's wrong with your arm to record a quick video? Also, news flash, the vid you do record will be shit, but I'm sure you'll impress people on Instagram. I recommend enjoying the moment, I spend much more time recollecting memories, not looking at old shitty videos.

Amnesia and Zoo are harshest from what i have seen. Priv are not camera friendly either. You will be asked to deposit(about 3 eur) upon entrance or when they spot you inside.

Boat parties are really already under a lot of flak. A guy with a gopro were asked to put it away. Security seemed really tense no smiles there.

Also, news flash, the vid you do record will be shit, but I'm sure you'll impress people on Instagram. I recommend enjoying the moment, I spend much more time recollecting memories, not looking at old shitty videos.

I don't have an Instagram but maybe I should get one so that I can impress?I tend to forget a lot of things so I cherish all of the photos and videos I have collected from my travels around the world, sorry your videos have come out like shit. I recommend the hero 04.

Amnesia and Zoo are harshest from what i have seen. Priv are not camera friendly either. You will be asked to deposit(about 3 eur) upon entrance or when they spot you inside.

Boat parties are really already under a lot of flak. A guy with a gopro were asked to put it away. Security seemed really tense no smiles there.
finally someone with some good information that's all I was out for. thank you for not requesting that I kill myself

I'm curious to see how many people have selfie sticks out at the parties. Might shamefully buy one for my trip but not for party pics, just ask someone to take a pic for you.

LAKID Let's take some selfies in Detroit this weekend.

Neo95 not going? EDC or Mysteryland?

Think there is a bit of a selfie stick back lash in the UK and people with them are being classed as throbbers. Had to talk the Mrs out of getting one for a trip we are making next week.

Getting some short videos from the crowd with Ur phone is different than having selfie stick and go pros.
I think you should check out the paris hilton party ;)

yes they are different, one has high quality and great range. ;)

I can tolerate smug clubbers who are to "into the moment" to take a photo in the club, but terrible EDM is unacceptable.

My misses mum bought us one for our season in Ibiza.... I tried to look happy when she gave us it. I'm not a good actor!

Back