Gatecrasher is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, now that the line ups are looking a bit more developed it's definitely looking like a slightly leaner year for trance in Ibiza.

I felt certain Gatecrasher would have at least one trance night at their new venue, but I now wonder whether they feel that it was the spiraling cost of the well-known trance DJs that put them into so much debt in the first place. There is still a market for trance but, as Ben mentioned, there's so much risk involved and it takes a lot of big trance names to get people to show. (Too many keyboard warriors, not enough clubbers) Gatecrasher, at least for an opening season, are almost certainly looking at safer bets.

Trance in Ibiza this year is going to be much more about the smaller promoters. Driftwood, anything at Tropi etc. And then the big Thursday with ASOT and Cream, of course.

In fairness, it doesn't bother me too much because actually it will be nice to spread the genres out a bit and sample some different things.

Last edited:
Yeah, now that the line ups are looking a bit more developed it's definitely looking like a slightly leaner year for trance in Ibiza.

I felt certain Gatecrasher would have at least one trance night at their new venue, but I now wonder whether they feel that it was the spiraling cost of the well-known trance DJs that put them into so much debt in the first place. There is still a market for trance but, as Ben mentioned, there's so much risk involved and it takes a lot of big trance names to get people to show. (Too many keyboard warriors, not enough clubbers) Gatecrasher, at least for an opening season, are almost certainly looking at safer bets.

Trance in Ibiza this year is going to be much more about the smaller promoters. Driftwood, anything at Tropi etc. And then the big Thursday with ASOT and Cream, of course.

In fairness, it doesn't bother me too much because actually it will nice to spread the genres out a bit and sample some different things.

My first year of doing the DC10 - Cocoon double header :lol:

I have had a response from Judge Jules yesterday stating that he is working on Ibiza at the moment and should know more next month.

I know this is very open ended but at least it is start.

This was an email in response from his website.

I have had a response from Judge Jules yesterday stating that he is working on Ibiza at the moment and should know more next month.

I know this is very open ended but at least it is start.

This was an email in response from his website.

You've had more than me and my twitter messages. Interesting, so we may still style Judgement in some form.

Well ferry and his 'full on' night don't look to be apart of gatecrashers plans, apparently Friday @ space is his new home.

Ah right not too reliable then?!
"sources on the island"
"possible move"
"rumours on the island were suggesting"
"reports now suggest"
"if the rumours are true"

This may well turn out to be true and Corsten goes to Space but the author of that blog won't know for sure until the tweet comes in.
If it's not true then it will probably be something like: Surprise news,in a late change of plans.....

It's shocking that all those quotes are from one short article.
Just read the article concerned. Now, i don't know the lad (bar he had some rows on here), but seriously - that article says nothing. I could do exactly the same and just put some words in that qualify what i am saying. Its like a Mirror article on some transfer in football. 'sources suggest', 'rumours' etc etc. I am not saying that Corsten wont end up in space, but i am saying that (judging from that article) he has the same amount of certain knowledge on the issue as me - none.

Is anything reliable these days? Ferry and the Judge will likely end up in some way on the island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back