ENTER Ibiza 2016 [NOT Happening Now]

mr_why

Have been away for a bit, but back now, and tons of December free time! I was flicking through my twitter the other day when I saw this from Richie:

"Onwards to #ibiza to have a full day of meetings to see what our 5th season of @ENTERexperience might be!"

Interesting. We all know that ENTER 2015 almost never happened, so interesting that it will be back next year.... even if it did finish the season strongly....

Are we to assume Thursday Space again?

Would certainly have to be a different concept if it isnt. Space is the only place where they can seperate the rooms like ENTER's party is based around.

'Tis winter, so the season of silly rumours and concepts........ how about "ENTER Pacha" HaHa! That would shake it up a bit wouldn't it? SAKE on the Terrace, MIND in the Global Room, Sushi in the Restaurant.... Yeah OK, it's nuts! o_O

I'm sure it'll be space, no reason to change that for 2016, neither for space nor for richie. now for 2017 it's a different story of course ..

..... who cares, last year for space, and for sure the same for ENTER. Dont forget Kehakuma / Elrow / Glitterbox / Luciano.... many homeless Partys :)

Richie Hawtin :

https://www.facebook.com/richiehawtin/?fref=photo
I’m sure you all realize that my driving force comes from a unique mix of influences; music & creativity, inspiring technologies and the exciting challenge of pushing forward into the unknown.

In this continuing search it’s always been important for me to trust my instincts and have the freedom to follow any of the pathways that unfold before me, no matter how unexpected they seem.

As my main project of the last four years, ENTER. was founded to bring a new type of clubbing experience to Ibiza; an eclectic mix of music programming, creative production techniques and cohesive design aesthetics.

It is my belief that by combining these elements, a deeply immersive experience can be created. After fours year of ENTER.Ibiza events at Space Ibiza, I’m proud that we have successfully presented the island with a new level of detail & creativity.

However, it’s now time for ENTER. to TAKE THE NEXT STEP. in its development. Therefore ENTER. will not return to the island this season.

ENTER. will continue to explore site specific events around the world based upon our core principles: Music. Sake. Technology. Experience.

I’d like to thank Pepe Rosello, Juan Arenas and all at Space Ibiza for being our home for the last four seasons and giving us the opportunity to realize and launch the ENTER. concept. I wish everyone an amazing last season and continued success in all your future endeavours.

I’d also like to thank my team, the artists, creatives, islanders and industry for the support and belief in the ENTER.Experience since day one.

As we continue on this new exciting pathway of EXPLORATION and DISCOVERY, I look forward to seeing all of you around the world for the next exciting chapter!

-Rich

Interesting, so NO ENTER.IBIZA this year at all! As expected I suppose! Hopefully we will get a few Richie dates at Cocoon...

I wonder what the options were? Richie tweeted in December that he was on the island to explore options for ENTER. So what happened?

So with no Enter, we love departing the year before and this being the last year of Space (as in less likely for new concepts to get a run out) it'll be interesting to see how the programming of nights will pan out

So with no Enter, we love departing the year before and this being the last year of Space (as in less likely for new concepts to get a run out) it'll be interesting to see how the programming of nights will pan out

Well we know Carl Cox remains on Tuesday for his last year, that is about the only thing set in stone. If i had to gather a few guesses, I would think they would leave El Row/Kehakuma as is on Saturday and bolster up Luciano's party (if he returns) and move it to another day (maybe Thursday). I think Luciano suffered last season because there is too much good selection on Sunday w/ Solomun at Pacha and Lawler at Sankeys, not to mention Do Not Sleep crew.

pretty sad news to me :( I've loved ENTER from season 1 and was still defending the night on this forum last unfortunate season. I've spent some of my most memorable clubbing nights there and it will stay with me forever. one last ENTER at space in 2016 had firmly been on my todo list but alas, no more ... :(

I smell sake on the cocoon terrace at an ENTER takeover 2016 ;)

I've gotta be honest this news doesn't particularly shock me. I think ENTER although very busy on certain nights and certainly began so stagnate as the seasons go by. Even Richie Hawtin has for me in all honesty.

I don't particularly enjoy his sets or music anymore. I find him far too 'arty farty' for my liking these days - at times borderline boring. It's a real shame for me to say that as in the past (pre 2013) he's always been one of my favourites and you can't deny that he's a fantastic and innovative DJ. Hopefully he makes a few guest appearances at nights like Cocoon this season and plays to his older style.

Wonder how different their season would have been if they still had Maceo and TOU regularly playing the terrace?

Even though each year was getting slightly progressively worse, it was still my favourite night in the island.

Interesting times for next year

Back