Danny Whittle & Eden Ibiza join forces

McRackin

Super Moderator
Ibiza clubbing guru, Danny Whittle, has joined forces with Eden's new Dutch owner, Michael van de Kuit, to help guide and boost the San Antonio club's music policy and build Eden as an international brand. As one of island's biggest party spaces, with capacity for 5,000 clubbers, Eden, has just undergone a complete renovation and refurbishment, and, thanks to its new ownership, will once again rival Ibiza's clubbing institutions.
Eden will reopen on Thursday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2013 with a line-up of A-list talent including Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Goldfish and more, who will be loudly channelled by the club's exclusive Void, Golden Incubus sound systems.
Danny and his company, IBZ Entertainment, will assist with line-ups and guide the club's musical direction to create a successful, music-focused, clubbing experience. Danny said “I'm very happy that Eden is changing direction and have always felt that Sant Antoni is an important entry port for people coming to the island. I'm pleased to take on the challenge of reinventing Eden, the future of Ibiza and giving something to the younger clubbers who visit. Sant Antoni is so important to the island, that's why need to do this right again”.
Danny Whittle is one of the organisers of International Music Summit (IMS) and Ibiza's 123 Festival. He recently left Pacha after 13 years as the club's booker and brand builder, and recently opened Bomba in Ibiza Town.
Ferry Corsten has also announced he'll be hosting the Sunday night at Eden with Full On Ferry. Launching on Sunday, July 7, 2013, Full On promises 12 weekly Sunday shows throughout the summer. The line up for each show will be diverse and feature amazing sets from top DJs such as Ferry Corsten, Markus Schulz, Cosmic Gate, Showtek, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Audien, Chicane, Bassjackers, and more.
Eden is a large-capacity nightclub and with the recent reconstruction of the venue, the club will be reborn as one of the island's premier destinations. Eden was previously home to events from PeteTong, Gatecrasher, Godskitchen and beyond, hosting performances from Faithless and Lady Gaga amongst others.
Van de Kuit is known for his keen business instinct and experience in transforming old washed-up buildings into successful new establishments.“I'm very happy to have Danny Whittle and his team on board. He's been responsible for Pacha's international branding and I'm sure he will contribute in making Eden a strong brand too!”

9908_10152857438035511_381826169_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the new Eden, the new owners seem determined to make it a more 'serious' club, and not just a club you could get in any UK backwater town as it has been for the last few years. Good luck to them.

Cool, what is their best night??

And esparadis is sooo nice in the inside does this one look like it??

I doubt it looks anything like Es Paradis.

I think Toolroom will be a great night. Kleinenberg, Jules & Ferry all good hosts too. A shame it won't be open on Monday for me to check out.

I was thinking the same..Danny probably knows as much as we do about whats going on at Bomba...

Looks like a good thing for Danny & his IBZ Entertainment business with his pulling power. Two very differing clubs (I'd imagine) and music policies.
Eden has always catered for the younger more british orientated crowd just due to it's location in San An so close to the West End. The choice of promoters still reflects this somewhat but they are of a much higher quality IMO than before.
Bomba (if /when) looks like it will cater for everyone with the more underground (new age popular) music.

Just looking at the new Eden website: Toolroom, Superstars, Full On but no signs of Judgement Fridays. No events listed on the facebook page either...seems a tad strange.

Cool, what is their best night??

And esparadis is sooo nice in the inside does this one look like it??

at the moment it is (in my opinion of course) a very bland and uninteresting dark room, from the press releases they are turning it in to a 'Garden Of Eden' theme. Whether it can rival Es Paradis in the looks department remains to be seen.

Judge Jules is usually their busiest night, but they have added other big nights like Full On Ferry this year.

Thank you for the reply, however I am not really too down with this music policy.

Above and beyond
And a couple of other dj is as far as I like in trance...

This is exactly what San An needs. It deserves some credibility instead of also ran nights that are trading off reputations of old like Judgement & Hed Kandi, and nights that are just carbon copies of events you will find in every Med resort with an 18-30's crowd.

I don't think we should read too much into Danny's involvement. Danny has gone on record in the past as saying how daytime partying doesn't effect the trade of club nights. In similar respect, the things going on at Eden are going to have very little effect on Bomba, and vice-versa.

I think it will be interesting to see how Es Paradis reacts. If Eden can keep their ticket prices sensible, it will force Es Paradis to re-look at their model.

Toolroom is a huge coup for them, no doubt. And I don't care what Jules has said, it's gotta hurt giving his former Sunday night slot to Ferry who has put on better line-ups, regardless of whether he orchestrated the move initially, or not. Leaving one day gap between 2 trance orientated nights at the same venue - not good business sense if you ask me.

Though, I dare say they will probably get away with it a little more in San An then they would at a club elsewhere on the island.

The chap pictured with Danny W on Eden's website - is that the new owner? He was on he table next to us at Mambo the other lunchtime, planning a full scale media assault, 7 page spreads in Mixmag/DJ mag etc.....

good work, Buckers! :lol:

escuchar.gif

Hard not to hear and as the missus book tours for bands, when they started discussing airport taxes and production responsibilities we both copped a listen!

Mr Netto had moved from a table with Javier (Mambo)......

Back