Corruption within the staff and security?

So I have just returned from Ibiza today and I feel compelled to come on and share something that happened at Defected last night as I was quite shocked and it is still playing on my mind

Corruption within the staff and security at either Eden or Defected has a strong hold on this club or this event

I witnessed first hand security waiting outside the first floor toilet cubicles asking people for drugs, all within the compounds of the toilets. Then demand 50euro or the police will be called.

The way it goes down appears to be planned with other security on the headsets.

Also there was a dealer in this club who I can confirm offered drugs and I later saw talking with the staff in the toilet as if to work there.

In all my times being to ibiza and all the clubs I cannot believe I saw so much corruption in one night.

Defected is a very mature night out and one that Eden needs desperately. So being a mature night you'd expect a mature vibe.

I have really been contemplating contacting Defected to let them know this sort of corruption is taking place on their night. A mature sensible party.
Rogue doormen with a side hustle, not surprised. This type of carry-on has been going on my whole clubbing life

Last edited:
slightly off topic but reminded of an unexpected situation on a visit to Helsinki at the Kahle bar in 2002 where I thought I was charming 2 gorgeous women over from St Petersburg and then after about 20mins out of nowhere this third woman appeared and said flicking a finger over at the others “you liiiike?” And before I could answer, she continued.. ”we take visa, american express, masterrrrcarrrrd”… never has a tail dropped so quickly... the naive years

slightly off topic but reminded of an unexpected situation on a visit to Helsinki at the Kahle bar in 2002 where I thought I was charming 2 gorgeous women over from St Petersburg and then after about 20mins out of nowhere this third woman appeared and said flicking a finger over at the others “you liiiike?” And before I could answer, she continued.. ”we take visa, american express, masterrrrcarrrrd”… never has a tail dropped so quickly... the naive years

Reminds me of mate on a stag do in Vegas, who insisted the lady he was talking with wasn't a hooker and really liked him.:lol:

No idea mate, didn't see anything, no offense taken or harm done!
sorry mate, that wasn't aimed at you, just that you had quoted my post :)
Not true. Sensible discussion is welcome, whether positive or negative - as this thread highlights. Read the rules regarding drugs. They are very clear

Apologies, I didn't think I had said where or how to get them, so didn't think it was a broken rule

The thing is : There are some clubs , where things like this happen more than in others. Last year I saw in pacha a incident with a drunken idiot, who was rude to a women. The bouncers were professional : No violence , no discussions. One left , one behind , one right and the bloke was out. Less than one minute. Dont know if its in every case like this.

The thing is : There are some clubs , where things like this happen more than in others. Last year I saw in pacha a incident with a drunken idiot, who was rude to a women. The bouncers were professional : No violence , no discussions. One left , one behind , one right and the bloke was out. Less than one minute. Dont know if its in every case like this.

Pacha has by far the best security and bar staff. All very friendly and make you feel safe and welcoming.

From the moment you enter all the way to the end it is very well run club

And it has always been like this.

Thats it. And it will ever been like this , I hope.

Someone remembers the bouncer of Ushi ? who killed someone ( a waiter ? ) , 15 years ago ? He was a MMA fighter or something. Bouncers in Clubs are a special issue , sometimes. Not only in Ibiza. Its part of the game.

Thats it. And it will ever been like this , I hope.

Someone remembers the bouncer of Ushi ? who killed someone ( a waiter ? ) , 15 years ago ? He was a MMA fighter or something. Bouncers in Clubs are a special issue , sometimes. Not only in Ibiza. Its part of the game.
Not that long, 10 years ago maybe , he killed a waiter by jealousy 🙄..
He was a member of a powerful mafia in Portugal or Brasil if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Without piling in, it's felt like the norm to some degree in the majority of clubs for as long as I have been going out.

Got a lift into town by the head doorman of one club mentioned and he admitted the hussle in conversation.

Experience of friends. Pacha, items confiscated with doorman walking one and friend back onto the dance - fair. Space taken into an area where the clothes were drying in a court yard, items taken off and stamped on the floor, returned to club - fair. Normal police on street, emptied all pockets to find money and a number of items, said it was all being confiscated, challenged money and they said they were joking on the cash. Suspect that may have gone if not challenged - still a good result in circumstance.

The bouncers were paid at the start of the night in my local club by a friend when I started going out.

The drug thing is as old as Ibiza clubbing. Everyone know. Its sold in a open way. If you walk in PdB , a lot of dealers ask you ... The thing is : They ( police , bouncers ) never mess with the little users. Whats with the big ones in vilas and boats ? Whats in the VIP areas ? Never heard about a police raid in a big house or boat. Someone here heard ?

Last edited:
I had forgotten all about it!
Many years ago in the Bora Bora I was grabbed by 2 security guards, "transported" into a side room and searched! They apologised to me after the search, but I was still extremely angry! The reason they gave was that I looked like a dealer on the lookout for customers.... I was sitting alone on a bar stool at the back bar !

I had forgotten all about it!
Many years ago in the Bora Bora I was grabbed by 2 security guards, "transported" into a side room and searched! They apologised to me after the search, but I was still extremely angry! The reason they gave was that I looked like a dealer on the lookout for customers.... I was sitting alone on a bar stool at the back bar !
To be fair you'd be the first person I'd walk up to for assistance 😁

Back