Corruption within the staff and security?

Life of Rye

So I have just returned from Ibiza today and I feel compelled to come on and share something that happened at Defected last night as I was quite shocked and it is still playing on my mind

Corruption within the staff and security at either Eden or Defected has a strong hold on this club or this event

I witnessed first hand security waiting outside the first floor toilet cubicles asking people for drugs, all within the compounds of the toilets. Then demand 50euro or the police will be called.

The way it goes down appears to be planned with other security on the headsets.

Also there was a dealer in this club who I can confirm offered drugs and I later saw talking with the staff in the toilet as if to work there.

In all my times being to ibiza and all the clubs I cannot believe I saw so much corruption in one night.

Defected is a very mature night out and one that Eden needs desperately. So being a mature night you'd expect a mature vibe.

I have really been contemplating contacting Defected to let them know this sort of corruption is taking place on their night. A mature sensible party.

So I have just returned from Ibiza today and I feel compelled to come on and share something that happened at Defected last night as I was quite shocked and it is still playing on my mind

Corruption within the staff and security at either Eden or Defected has a strong hold on this club or this event

I witnessed first hand security waiting outside the first floor toilet cubicles asking people for drugs, all within the compounds of the toilets. Then demand 50euro or the police will be called.

Also there was a dealer in this club who I can confirm offered drugs and I later saw talking with the staff in the toilet as if to work there.

In all my times being to ibiza and all the clubs I cannot believe I saw so much corruption in one night.

Defected is a very mature night out and one that Eden needs desperately. So being a mature night you'd expect a mature vibe.

I have really been contemplating contacting Defected to let them know this sort of corruption is taking place on their night. A mature sensible party.
I didn’t see anything like this happen in the One More Time event at Eden on Thursday - maybe it’s event specific?

Been happening for decades since the raves.. dodgy security teams, fake searches, inhouse dealers, 'taxing'.. They only get the cops in if it's an outsider treading on their turf

Been happening for decades since the raves.. dodgy security teams, fake searches, inhouse dealers, 'taxing'.. They only get the cops in if it's an outsider treading on their turf
Yup, funny enough I ran into bloke I went to school with yesterday, who was bouncing at the Lazerdrome in Peckham when we were still in sixth form, who was doing the take from the 'unlicensed' dealers and sell back thing at 17*. Shit myself when he first stepped accross me in there before I recognised him :lol:

*He was and still is an absolute unit!

Isn't this a well known 'in joke' about another club? Bouncers always on the dancefloor looking for drugs, then the whole 'fine' to get it back? There was a a great tweet at the end of the season a few years back, which was a worker saying he might as well get a picture with the bouncer as he's paid for their kid to go through university due to these fines over the summer 😂

Isn't this a well known 'in joke' about another club? Bouncers always on the dancefloor looking for drugs, then the whole 'fine' to get it back? There was a a great tweet at the end of the season a few years back, which was a worker saying he might as well get a picture with the bouncer as he's paid for their kid to go through university due to these fines over the summer 😂
If you are referring to "that"club", it's not a joke, I've seen that happening on the dancefloor on several occasions right in front of me.

I remember this tweet/post also 😄

I don’t like to name names, but let’s call this place AB20 👍

But do people still go out with € cash? Pretty high % just phone/ plastic these days surely?

if you take drugs at parties, there’s a good chance you stocked up before, but drugs tend to be more-ish, people always want extras, or they want to carry on, or owe their mates, so i’d be surprised if those punters carried no cash…

Still worth contacting the club. The corruption (assuming guilty) might not extend all the way to the top, so, maybe management mentioning it to the security team, might stamp it out. Defected "mature party" but I assume quite a young crowd, in which case the behaviour described is even more despicable.

If you are referring to "that"club", it's not a joke, I've seen that happening on the dancefloor on several occasions right in front of me.
Sorry, I didn't mean an actual joke, more that people always laugh and tell you it'll probably happen when you go there, if you know, you know.

if you take drugs at parties, there’s a good chance you stocked up before, but drugs tend to be more-ish, people always want extras, or they want to carry on, or owe their mates, so i’d be surprised if those punters carried no cash…
I'd imagine we're not far off phone to phone payments in clubs between indivduals, with huge opportunity for chancers to massively overcharge those in a more suggestible state. Fairly sure I remember reports of ballon sellers with card machines outside Printworks or similar....

I'd imagine we're not far off phone to phone payments in clubs between indivduals, with huge opportunity for chancers to massively overcharge those in a more suggestible state. Fairly sure I remember reports of ballon sellers with card machines outside Printworks or similar....
Yeah was going to say I’ve heard of some individuals with card terminals , and also see balloon sellers in london with them. Not sure I’d want my details on file when they invariably get busted

And on the club thing it’s happened in most places over the years. Even worse confiscates drugs then being sold inside 🙄 I once had a member of security in Brixton Academy pin me against a wall asking for £20 or I’d get thrown out, but backed down when I stood my ground and told him to radio his supervisor 🙄

Funniest moment I saw at the letters and numbers club was a doorman watching a lad do a bump standing right next to him, then take the bag and pour it all on the floor after - I got the feeling that was all of his mates supplies but fair play left them in there with a final warning for his whole group

Usual in Ku , 25 years ago.

But at the entrance , not in the club ( as I saw ).

Last edited:
Back