Car rental Advice

the goldcar agency is located in the airport, no shuttle to take, the cars are in the parking lot just in front of the airport when exiting on your left, having already rented a lot of cars from them I do not recommend it to you , once in 2 they will keep part of the deposit. never large amounts but still. wiber, click and rent and ok mobility are a bit better

Goldcar is also in the car park directly at the airport on the top floor. As with everyone else, you can be lucky or unlucky ! We have also had " lively discussions " with Goldcar employees who tried to sell us pointless additional insurance. But that's understandable, they get a few euros commission and also want a slice of the cake ;-) The last few years we have always booked through "billiger mietwagen.de" with Goldcar and have never had any problems! This year we're waiting until the last minute, as the last 2-3 years the prices were still the cheapest just before arrival..... The days when you could get a car for 50 euros for a week are unfortunately over........

I did Record go in Ibiza and Barcelona. Quite happy with the Ibiza one. Barcelona branch is shit .

Last edited:
I was a Motoluis addict since many years, but last weekend I rented by Autos Mari, and it was perfect. Good price, the lower deposit you can find in ibiza (400€),and a perfect service.

100% agree. And the deposit is back on my card before I board the plane home every time.

Guys I do not know where this adoration with Motorluis comes from. I looked at the website to book a car for June. 9 days of a mid size automatic car with All Insurance costs almost 800 euro. it is almost on par with the high end rental companies like sixt. I do know how you get the low rates.

Gold car seems to offer a better price than anyone else , with full insurance and pick up at the airport . Has anyone had the experience with them on the island ?

Guys I do not know where this adoration with Motorluis comes from. I looked at the website to book a car for June. 9 days of a mid size automatic car with All Insurance costs almost 800 euro. it is almost on par with the high end rental companies like sixt. I do know how you get the low rates.

it’s all relative. The major brand car hires are generally way more expensive than the local guys

Gold car seems to offer a better price than anyone else , with full insurance and pick up at the airport . Has anyone had the experience with them on the island ?
yes, 3 times now
you gotta play by the rules, a bit like Ryanair. Photograph absolutely everything start and finish of rental.
Get your own excess insurance too, not theirs.

In this case, it matters a lot how early you make the reservation. I have used Motoluis' services for years and I have always been very satisfied, and I have not felt it necessary to change the company. The rent can easily double or even more, the closer you are to the start of the rental. This year I decided to book a car already a month ago, even though my trip is at the end of September. The price was €244.45 for 11 days (€22.22/day) with the airport service, delivery fees and a small discount (when I paid the rent immediately). Last year I booked a car about 8 weeks before the trip and paid €376 for 10 days. 🤷‍♂️

yes, 3 times now
you gotta play by the rules, a bit like Ryanair. Photograph absolutely everything start and finish of rental.
Get your own excess insurance too, not theirs.
Diver I am trying to send you a DM but for some reason the system says you restricted direct contact. I just wanted to find out kite details if you don’t mind

In this case, it matters a lot how early you make the reservation. I have used Motoluis' services for years and I have always been very satisfied, and I have not felt it necessary to change the company. The rent can easily double or even more, the closer you are to the start of the rental. This year I decided to book a car already a month ago, even though my trip is at the end of September. The price was €244.45 for 11 days (€22.22/day) with the airport service, delivery fees and a small discount (when I paid the rent immediately). Last year I booked a car about 8 weeks before the trip and paid €376 for 10 days. 🤷‍♂️
Our trip is end of June - almost three months form now . I checked a compact automatic car with full insurance and airport delivery. No extras. And the total price for 9 days is almost 800 euro . Same terms with Europcar is 770, and with Gold car below 600.

Our trip is end of June - almost three months form now . I checked a compact automatic car with full insurance and airport delivery. No extras. And the total price for 9 days is almost 800 euro . Same terms with Europcar is 770, and with Gold car below 600.
Wow, that's crazy! Of course, it also depends on what kind of car it is, a Fiat 500 hybrid with manual transmission is enough for me. I just looked at the automatic transmission Nissan Micra with the same details, so its price would be ~€5 a day (€27 a day), more and a total of €297 for 11 days. Do you include in that total price the €600 insurance premium, which is reserved from the credit card?

Edit:
Now when I look at the same car for the last 9 days of June, the price of the cars is €38 Fiat and €50 Nissan..

Last edited:
Diver I am trying to send you a DM but for some reason the system says you restricted direct contact. I just wanted to find out kite details if you don’t mind
no idea why you can’t dm? i will try you

You get what you pay for, if you are flat broke hire from Goldcar. The reviews and experiences reflect the price.

If you are not flat broke (or, are a family) hire from Cicar, they are the number one in Spain for a reason.

Back