Books about Ibiza?

I really enjoyed The Rough Guide to Ibiza & Formentera, but isn't it time for an update, considering how much has changed since it was published in 2003?

Finished that Wild Thyme book, it felt a bit short and ended somewhat abruptly but then I just wanted it to go on and on, was a really good easy read.

Space have book they released a few years ago. Wonder if they will do another edition that is the full history?

JL Ferrer has a new book out: "Viaje al turismo basura" (trip to to the trash tourism), dedicated to Lloret de Mar, Salou, Barcelona, San Antonio y Magaluf...
:arrow: "In ten years San Antonio will be like Magaluf"

portada.jpg

Btw, DDI includes another San Antonio related article with some very trashy images...
:arrow: "Street drinking and laughing gas during the sunset at Ses Variades"
:arrow: photo gallery

... and then some people complain about having to pay the ecotax!!!

JL Ferrer has a new book out: "Viaje al turismo basura" (trip to to the trash tourism), dedicated to Lloret de Mar, Salou, Barcelona, San Antonio y Magaluf...
:arrow: "In ten years San Antonio will be like Magaluf"

portada.jpg

Btw, DDI includes another San Antonio related article with some very trashy images...
:arrow: "Street drinking and laughing gas during the sunset at Ses Variades"
:arrow: photo gallery

... and then some people complain about having to pay the ecotax!!!

interestingly, the FT Madrid Correspondent wrote a feature on Friday about how Spanish stag/hen parties are almost as riotous as British ones now.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/eca00722-63a3-11e6-a08a-c7ac04ef00aa.html?siteedition=intl#axzz4I326nDxc

"trip to the trash tourism" finished... JLF making enemies once again but that's what happens when you speak the truth!

Just downloaded Wild Thyme from Amazon, haven't seen it on there before so I assume it's New on there?

Chilling out in Ibiza (by staying through the winter) by Don C Andrews is another one I've come across but yet to read

I'm coming to the end of "the white island" atm and love how it's getting me through these winter month's until I can get back over again. Ive had my eye on another ibiza themed book called "chilling out in ibiza (by staying through the winter". Anyone experienced this and could tell me if it's worth the read?

Bacalao-Libro-Luis-Costa.jpg One for the Spanish speakers on here. I've been reading a really good book called "Bacalao" (by a DJ called Luis Costa) which is a look back at the largely undocumented 80s/90s Valencia scene through the eyes of the people who created it. Contains a lot of references to what was happening in Ibiza at the same time + interviews with Shaun Ryder, Alfredo and a whole load of DJs I had never heard of with amazing record collections. Everyone's forgotten about it now but 'bacalao' was huge on the mainland. The spanish media had a field day documenting the wild excesses of kids on the autopistas and the Canal+ documentary about it enjoys cult status. I caught the very tail end of it in 95 during a visit to the Valencia fallas when I saw just how huge those nights were. It was probably the last 'local' Spanish dance scene before the internet changed the game

Back