Amnesia closing party 2015 ?

Close them all I say..For a year or two.

fb5a1d99adee28ee21281f80719df9e5.gif

Surely they wouldn't want to punish the clubs too much - these venues bring in so much tourism to the island, seems a bit counterproductive?

Its one thing to stay open 1-2 hours later than the closing time... but to stay open like 5+ hours after closing on Friday nights at Amnesia for the whole summer.... you are pushing your luck that nothing will happen in my opinion...

It's a shame that the authorities weren't as strict with the dangerous over-capacity of clubs as they were with them staying open a few extra hours...

One will kill someone someday and the other allegedly gives the island a bad name... Nice to see they have their priorities right!

that takes some giant cojones to play that for the entire length! what a dj! finally someone who's not afraid to try something different and polarize, as has happened on this forum too. loving how the people try a sitdown because they think the bass will be back but give up again :twisted:

that takes some giant cojones to play that for the entire length! what a dj! finally someone who's not afraid to try something different and polarize, as has happened on this forum too. loving how the people try a sitdown because they think the bass will be back but give up again :twisted:
Check the danny k blog to see what happened with this video ( same story with tobar tune played by. Sven )

club culture is really going down

Good article going round on facebook about the drop that never happened ...cant post link but its on "thump"

When I saw Four Tet play at The Social festival it was so funny...loads of kids with their phones out filming waiting for it to drop....so many of them gave up and got annoyed when it hadn't dropped after a couple of minutes!

I can't believe the hate Maceo has been getting for this. Honestly it was a stand-out moment for me. One of the few tracks I can actually recall being played. Perhaps the full 9-mins was overkill, but I was loving it. Granted, it was clear at the time I was in the minority. But a stand-out "moment" nonetheless.

I always appreciate towards the tail end of a marathon party when the DJ puts on a bit of a leg stretcher tune. I'd have been very grateful to Maceo for that extended breakdown, ample time to stretch my aching limbs and back.

I actually also really liked it when he played the tune. funny thing is, because I knew the track before and thus knew the drop would last forever, I immediately told my friends around me not to do the sitdown as I knew it would take ages and go nowhere...people first didn't understand why we didn't do it, but then it dawned upon them ;)

I actually also really liked it when he played the tune. funny thing is, because I knew the track before and thus knew the drop would last forever, I immediately told my friends around me not to do the sitdown as I knew it would take ages and go nowhere...people first didn't understand why we didn't do it, but then it dawned upon them ;)
Insiders knowledge is priceless when out clubbing , the amount of times I missed a drop or threw some shapes before a song kicks in ! And when you pretend you knew and carry on , on the hope that no one noticed . It's a lot like when you trip up in the street and hope no one spots your enbarrising stumble !

Back