Gatecrasher is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for driftwood. I was on a commercial boat heading out to calla bassa and the driftwood party was setting off. Soundsytem sounded amazing but I am 34 now so not sure about boat parties

This still going on?! Didnt Stivi say a million posts back up the thread that there wont be trance at Gatecrasher this summer?! He will know so why is it still being debated?!

Think it's become more a general trance thread.

I appreciate people have opinions and some have greater insight than others. However this is a forum for people to be able to express thier points if view and opinions to. With the greatest respect I don't know Stivi and don't know the extent of his knowledge. Gathering from you view anything he says is gospel. However Gatecrasher themselves have given slight hope of some trance and that is all that is being debated on what I thought was an open forum for everybody and not the select few in the know

Stivi is the Ibiza spotlight clubbing guru. If Gatecrasher have told Stivi (Ibiza spotlight) there wont be any trance you can take it as pretty much gospel.

absolutely fergi, everyone is entitled their opinion.

who knows, maybe they change their plans and put on trance on some of the sundays. i am just saying that this is not what i've heard from the management itself.

Thats cool Stivi. That is all i would be hoping for but if its not to be then i will be happy with Carl Cox Closing and Cream Closing Parties whilst i am over there. desperate to get V.I.P upgrade of sorts for Coxy@Space as went last year and it was stupid busy.

My frustration with Gatecrasher is partly that i havent changed as i was a original crasher but guess times change etc. lotherton hall and the republic seem like an age now. guess i need to grow up lol

This season isnt one thats just being hurt towards the trance crew. Theres lots of worrying things against those that hold old ibiza dear.. I think visitor numbers will be up and talk of "old days" on here up as well.

ie everyone into trance is moaning theres no trance but also the bigger picture is Ushuaia is now a pop music venue as is Hard Rock hotel or whatever.Its not just the trance scene thats taking a battering is my point

the problem is the amount of money pushed behind certain types of venue / music making underground or less popular styles that much harder to get a look in as the landscape changes

I am with you on the whole poppy thing and the island but there is still plenty of decent stuff going on too..

Nail. Head. It's a tough time for the smaller Trance promoters. People don't go out just because it's a trance night, quite like they used to.
People only go out of there way for the big, big lineups these days. We've had it where lots of local people say they are happy we are running a trance night in Bristol, but still haven't made it down to support our night, which obviously hurts us.
Without support, we can't grow our night and start getting bigger names involved.

Same in HH mate, people moan about no nights, people put events on, no one goes.

This season isnt one thats just being hurt towards the trance crew. Theres lots of worrying things against those that hold old ibiza dear.. I think visitor numbers will be up and talk of "old days" on here up as well.

a lot of worrying things indeed - i was talking to someone who is heavily involved in promoting events over in ibiza and he was telling me about the dj fees he is paying/being quoted for this summer. I am not talking about EDM events at Ushuaia, but what we would class as underground, cool nights. He thinks it is the fact that the EDM DJ's are literally having money thrown at them is the contributing factor to the prices going up, but some of the figures he told me are frightening!

I know Ibiza fees are totally different to UK/mainland Europe fees but some of these figures were nearly at festival levels of £££!

If you guys here of any smaller trance nights for the week. 20/27th September then let me know. I would be happy to head to them. Apart from Driftwood as I think I would have hard time persuading my wife to go on a party boat even tho she loves trance. Shame as I heard the sound of that last year and the system was banging

So reading between the lines it is possibly looking that trance "might" not feature in GC plans. It is nearly May and not even a whisper of anything Judgement Sunday/Friday related , which is a shame , but saying that it had quite a late start last year so lets just see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back