Ibiza gossip 2024

Thanks for the tag. We’re August 17th for 2 weeks so will miss these

Can’t help but feel these are becoming more underwhelming compared to what we used to get

Or maybe we are just spoilt now? I think some of it is a case we are just used to a lot of these DJs now playing Pacha. Years ago 2013-2019 this forum went into melt down when DJs like Dixon, Marcel Dettmann, Gerd Janson were being announced as the +1 at PACHA! Now it’s a normal occurrence as Pacha has 4 nights that cater to the tech/techno (whatever we call it these days).

However, I do have a personal view maybe this is Solomun’s last full on season. I hope I’m wrong, but with the four +1 dates, maybe that gets increased next year?

Or maybe we are just spoilt now? I think some of it is a case we are just used to a lot of these DJs now playing Pacha. Years ago 2013-2019 this forum went into melt down when DJs like Dixon, Marcel Dettmann, Gerd Janson were being announced as the +1 at PACHA! Now it’s a normal occurrence as Pacha has 4 nights that cater to the tech/techno (whatever we call it these days).

However, I do have a personal view maybe this is Solomun’s last full on season. I hope I’m wrong, but with the four +1 dates, maybe that gets increased next year?

definitely true re point 1.

re point 2, let's not forget that for the last I don't know how many years he was the one headliner doing the longest residency of all of them on the entire island. but of course it'll be interesting to see how this all pans out this year and into the future.

Yeah for sure that’s part of it tbh! Think also just a case of some of the big names we used to get becoming that big or also doing their own residencies

re point 2, let's not forget that for the last I don't know how many years he was the one headliner doing the longest residency of all of them on the entire island.

Absolutely! This is Season 10 at Pacha and usually a 22+ week season… how the hell he did that I’ll never know. Total respect. I’m not sure he ever missed a week either? Maybe went home early with a stomach bug one time if I recall.

Absolutely! This is Season 10 at Pacha and usually a 22+ week season… how the hell he did that I’ll never know. Total respect. I’m not sure he ever missed a week either? Maybe went home early with a stomach bug one time if I recall.
What a guy

Agree, and welcome to the forum!

For me main room a little heavy these days, but you can not question that they are giving a lot of talent a showcase here. Also, so many parties sometimes feel like they merge into one tech-house pot with very similar / same DJs. Pyramid have done an excellent job breaking this trend I think.
Thank you, I joined around last august but mostly just read all the info before my holiday.

I usually prefer the heavier stuff when going to events/festivals outwith Ibiza so the current pyramid main room suits me. I hate models and 9x9 were electric last September. Maceo plex played the terrace the same night so was good to go back and forth between the two if the music was too heavy or too chilled in either.

Back