Have Ibiza's Glory Days as a Dance Music Mecca Come to an End?

my father taught statistics for 40 years at a major university - i know my stuff on this :)

you just have a few survey takers go down the queue of people getting ON their plane leaving Ibiza... do it a few times and make sure you include the offseason and you'll get a pretty reasonable % with just a few days work. You ask the people did you go to a club or not: yes/no... pretty sure you'll get close to 100% replies on that as it literally takes seconds to answer ;)

Well I can tell he didn't teach research methods because your research proposal is of primary school standard. What about sampling, or confounding variables. The black and white maths you used to reach your 'statistic' is perfectly accurate.

Stand outside cream at amnesia. Ask everyone who comes out do you like trance or house. Then publish an article in Mixmag declaring how trance is making a comeback in Ibiza as 70% of clubbers prefer trance. It's bad research but the maths of it is 100% accurate.

Just to complicate things further, we all have a different definition of clubber. eg Underground and Pikes are listed on this forum as daytime, filed under same category as chillout bars, so i guess those people might not count in the 20%

The majority of the people in Portinatx, San Miguel, es caña, Santa eulalia, figural, etc... Are not coming for clubbing.
The majority of the people who are coming by boat are Not coming for clubbing.
Plus I would like to know how many pourcents of the people who are clubbing are people who work in ibiza for the season...

The majority of the people in Portinatx, San Miguel, es caña, Santa eulalia, figural, etc... Are not coming for clubbing.
The majority of the people who are coming by boat are Not coming for clubbing.
Plus I would like to know how many pourcents of the people who are clubbing are people who work in ibiza for the season...

But I ask how much a family in Es Cana will spend in a week compared to a group or even a couple who are 'clubbers'.

I know some families in Portinatx who are spending much more than clubbers.
Renting family car, boat to formentera(between 3 and... 5 or peoples) one or two days, good restaurants(and not pizza or burgers) , buying stuff for kids, shopping, drinking and eating all day long on the beach, renting umbrellas and seabeds(every day for 5 persons is money), etc...

Local mag quotes 7.5 million visitors this year, up from 6 million due to terrorist attacks in other holiday destinations.

Interesting article on the islands infrastructure as well

Underground and Pikes are listed on this forum as daytime
no, they're not...

"Daytime AND Bar Events"

... if you don't like that title for the forum, propose another one. if we like it, we'll change it!

Btw, just remembered this old post:

the 'confirmed ibiza club line ups' is meant for the big, proper clubs with parties every night etc.

then we needed a second category for all the parties that run through the day and/or happen in smaller places. for simplicity, we've called it 'daytime and bar events'. I think this is pretty clear for everyone as no one has ever had any confusion over this, so stop being so damn anal about that now ok?
;)

Don't know about this but spoke to couple people saying "Ibiza will be finished in 10 years" but thought People probably said the same in the 90's and early 2000's

hell yeah

could you incorporate these new forum sub categories please?

1. SUPER DISCOTECAS - LISTINGS / PREVIEWS / EXCLUSIVE VIP FOR THE PRICE OF A FERRARI GOLDEN WILLY WONKA TICKETS
2. SMALL CLUBS / CHILL OUT CHIRINGUITOS / BEACH HUTS / FINCAS IN THE ARSE END OF NOWHERE
3. THAT SECTION THAT NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO REPLY TO
4. CRAIG'S HOT 72 MIXES
5. LIFE OF RYE'S MUSCLE MARY BODYBUILDING SECLUDED BEACH TOP TIPS
6. HIPPY SHIT
7. NEW NON-ENGLISH FORUMS (FOR EU MEMBERS ONLY)
8. SIN BIN FORUM FOR THE BANNED, VANQUISHED AND PARTIALLY MISSED
9. LIVE BLOGS / LIVE CLUB STREAMS / LIVE SELFIE FEEDS
10. ANCIENT THREADS
11. HOLIDAY REVIEWS / CLUBBING ANECDOTES / TINNED POTATO EXPERIENCES
12. SAGA WEEKLY FORUM - FOR THOSE UNABLE/UNWILLING TO LET GO OF HOW IT "USED" TO BE
13. CARL COX WORSHIP FORUM - FOR ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO PAY HOMAGE AT THE ALTAR OF THE BIG MAN IN THE SKY
14. WOMEN FORUM - A 'SAFE SPACE' FOR FEMALE SPOTLIGHTERS TO WRITE ABOUT FEMALE FRIENDLY TOPICS
15. OPEN SECRET FORUM - NEWER MEMBERS PAY SUBSCRIPTION TO READ WHAT GOLD CARD MEMBERS WRITE FOR FREE

LOL!!

What about girlfriend/wife forum? It will be different to women forum it's for all the anon girlfriends/wives people talk about that 'Won't want to stay until the end' and 'probably won't be able to go to DC10 then Cocoon' or 'want a nice quiet restaurant with a sunset view'... A place where girlfriends can share tips on where the most quiet and boring place in Ibiza is.

Don't know about this but spoke to couple people saying "Ibiza will be finished in 10 years" but thought People probably said the same in the 90's and early 2000's

People might have said that early this century,and they wouldn't have been too far of the mark. Take space for example. It may have officially closed this year,but its been far from its original guise since they closed in the terrace and changed the times. I doubt many people in the 90s would would've predicted its demise into commercial hell,other than josè padilla.... rest rest of us were too busy popping double barrel rolls royce, mitzey's and having the time of our lives.

12. SAGA WEEKLY FORUM - FOR THOSE UNABLE/UNWILLING TO LET GO OF HOW IT "USED" TO BE

There would be so much moaning and bickering going on in that - it would end up on Netflix as a drama

I do feel sorry for the Muscle Marys though, this whole hetero bodybuilding phase society is in - in particular in Ibiza - must be playing havoc with the gaydars.

I do feel sorry for the Muscle Marys though, this whole hetero bodybuilding phase society is in - in particular in Ibiza - must be playing havoc with the gaydars.

Me too - ridiculous way of life that. Spending many many years lifting weights and doing plenty of cardiovascular work which improves their wellbeing both mentally and physically
I mean anyone that wants their body to look like a Greek God stood upon the great white pillars of Athens (Or in the centre of Amnesia) is a tool.

Me too - ridiculous way of life that. Spending many many years lifting weights and doing plenty of cardiovascular work which improves their wellbeing both mentally and physically
I mean anyone that wants their body to look like a Greek God stood upon the great white pillars of Athens (Or in the centre of Amnesia) is a tool.

I'm not one to play devils advocate (lol) but bodybuilding doesn't necessarily equate to improved well-being. In fact, a lot of people who partake in body building suffer with conditions such as body dysmorphia, bulimia, steroid abuse, and, in my opinion the worst condition of all, low cut vest wearing.

Back