The Social Festival - Sat 12th September - Maidstone, Kent, UK

So much more bantz back in those days! Everyone is so nice to each other on here now compared to then!

We were young(ish - in my case!) and fiesty! Not sure where the young 'uns are now. @Ikoda call some a twunt and denigrate their hometown please!:lol:

Wow here we are!

Looking forward to it! Got despacio the night before so fear I may be a little jaded but can't wait to get there and finally see dj Koze!

Think provisionally settled on Carola over Hawtin for close. Meadow pretty much all day I think, though do want to catch Monika Kruse, Joy Orbison, Rodhad & DJ Tennis at some point, probably not full sets though.

Most looking forward to seeing Solomun, it has to be said.

I'm intrigued as to what the B2B2B will offer. I'm generally sceptical of the concept. But Nic & Joris have genuine chemistry. Nic & Sasha's B2B at GG2014 was arguably the best set of the weekend and only heard positive things about Sasha & Joris' recent B2B, so who knows how it'll pan out! JJ is also in killer form for me right now.

Be interested to hear your verdict @elmooreo - what did you think?

I am suffering this morning! :confused: Personally had a ball.

Disappointed with the sounds levels, naturally... but it's the curse of the UK festival, and beyond the control of the organisers. Shame, but didn't run my day.

Fav sets were the B2B2B & Solomun. Glad that we opted for Hawtin closing in the Barn over Carola. More bass & better production!

Hello mate

Had a great day, yeah sound was a bit weak in places but that's life and I stuck more to the Bamboo village and Social Club where it wasn't as noticeable. Couldn't get into that main arena when I was in there watching Solomun. He was great but not many people around me seemed to give a shit…pretty drugged crowd and even saw a (bitch) fight break out near me….maybe it's because I'm getting older now…but the youth of today!!

My highlights were Joy O, Four Tet, Troxler and DJ Koze who was simply sensational, one of the best sets I have seen for a long time, possibly ever…it was that good! So unique and original and he just had the place going bananas…and to have that experience in a fairly intimate arena at a festival in your home town made it all the more special. Gutted I had to leave 15 mins early to get that last train back to London but what a way to round out the day.

I guess the organisers were very happy with the way it went? They had the bar situation sorted and everything was run very well as far as I could tell.

Yeah, very happy it would appear. Certainly ran a lot smoother. Though obviously as disappointed as us about noise restrictions. I think that is what has prompted the move to Detling showground for future events. Less residents there.

Gutted that I missed Joy Orbison and also Tennis. Thought the same about some of crowd for the B2B2B and Solly. I guess the main arenas attract the casual festival goer more than the smaller tents. Was a bit buckled myself at several points, so perhaps I shouldn't be too critical! Ha.

Anyone off to the winter social ? Venue looks ace and line up is pretty decent. Looking forward to something a bit different in these winter months

Sasha & Digweed , Carl Cox , Paul Kalkbrenner , looking big!
Is the sound better than sw4??

They are moving to a different site this summer specifically so that they don't get too restricted by sound limits as the previous site was in a park which was near residential areas.

I would hope that sound will be really good this year, it wasn't that bad last year but could be improved I would say.

Back