More Taxi nonsense

ridiculous ... every year the same blabla ...

"...
Police immobilized taxis 'pirate' and fined with 12,000 €
The Government adopted a decree criminalizing
the provision, marketing and promotion of illegal transport service -
Drivers may be held jointly liable

... The Consell de Govern yesterday approved a decree giving authority
to local police officers to immobilize the archipelago taxis 'pirate' and provides
penalties between 6,001 to 12,000 euros.

The decree law of urgent action on the system of penalties on transport vehicles
discretionary Islands tourism offenses defined as the provision, marketing and promotion
of an unauthorized taxi service.

Who offer or advertise this irregular activity will commit a serious offense and will have
to pay fines between 3,001 and 6,000 euros.
The decree also provides for minor penalties with fines up to $ 3,000.
The vehicle owners, drivers and traders may be held jointly liable ...
..."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...lizara-taxis-pirata-multara-12000/559148.html

http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...-hasta-000-euros-multas-taxistas-piratas.html

theibizasun

Illegal Taxis
The Consell has passed a new bylaw which allows Local Police officers to immobilize ‘pirate' taxis and fine them up to 12,000€. It is not just the drivers who will be sanctioned, but anyone touting for business will face a fine of up to 6,000€; neither does it matter if the person has Spanish residency or not, the Local Police will be licensed to act.

What a ridiculous accusation by the local government to suggest that nightclubs are conspiring and working with the black taxis!!

If you actually did the sums on how much a club makes in one night you would quickly see that it is not worth their while.

I have come to the island for many years. Where possible I will catch a legal taxi. If there are no legal taxis then I have always caught an illegal taxi. This is purely because I have waited for over 45 minutes and no legitimate taxi has arrived. This is not my problem. If the government wants to address the problem then they should outsource an additional 100 taxis from the mainland on a temporary contract to work on the island for 6 months.

In any case I find the disco bus the best way to get from place to place when travelling solo.

now already 54 "pirate-taxis" detained ...

but what a joke - how can the authorities make the rentalcompanies responsible
for illegal activities with their cars ???

http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...zados-mas-taxis-piratas-solo-quince-dias.html
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...-pirata-salida-fiesta-sant-antoni/564032.html
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...pirata-madrugada-platja-den-bossa/564274.html

"...
Half of the immobilized cars as taxis are for hire pirates
Of the 54 vehicles held following decree against illegal transport,
24 companies belong to 'rent a car'

L. Aversa | Eivissa | 11/07/2012
The figure is increasing by the day.
Cars immobilized as pirate taxis now number 52
and nearly half, 24 vehicles, are owned firms 'rent a car'.
It did last count this week Consell d'Eivissa on vehicles held that only serve to increase
after the entry into force of the new decree Balearic against illegal transport.

The new standard to immobilize vehicles that are reported as pirate taxis either by police
or Civil Guard inspectors Consell traffic, and also makes subsidiary responsible for vehicle
owners who must pay the fine of 6,000 or 12,000 euros, if repeated, to recover the car
if the driver does not.
It is a decree has raised complaints from firms 'rent a car', which arise from protesting
outside the headquarters of the Consell to stop renting cars for a week.

These are two of the extremes presented by the president of the Association of PIMEEF
rent a car, Juan Cardenas, who complained yesterday that he has already met twice
with the Councillor of Mobility, Pepa Costa, and he has not given any solution when, as noted,
Costa had agreed to "lend a hand pulling the cars are fixed at the end," he complained.

A lack of support of the government team, Cardenas met this week with the opposition,
the PSOE-Pact group, who promised help. " Also requested a meeting with the president
of the Consell Vicent Serra, hoping that he received "before going on holiday."
In parallel, is studying "whether the decree is legal, because by the same token if a customer
of ours cop kills someone and we also have to be jointly responsible," he said.
"We're looking forward to meet the Consell and make a little noise and is even talking about
stop renting cars a week, it will be more complicated, but has already put on the table," he said.

For Cardenas, the decree is "unfair because the man who is making pirate taxi only an
administrative penalty put him and let him go, and we who have nothing to do,
we have to pay a minimum fine of 6,000 euros for retrieve the cars
. "
He noted that pirates ever more perfect his tricks for renting cars, "making internet bookings"
or presenting "a gold card, which then canceled rent the car so that we can not collect
anything."

"It seems disproportionate. The problem is not the vacation, the problem is there are no taxis
and we have to pay the piper, "he complained.

Ribas, "Do you want to stop this illegal activity or us?"

Meanwhile, Sonia Ribas, president of the Association of Car Rental Ibiza Driverless (Aevab)
considers "unfair and abusive the recent Decree Law adopted by the Balearic Government
at the request of Consell d'Eivissa on 9 June to fight pirate taxis "because it makes companies
pay 'rent a car' when 'the real culprit, the driver remains in the street."

"You want to eradicate this illegal activity or you want to kill us, the car rental companies,"
asked the representative employers 'rent a car', and invited "to politicians who have
developed this law to sharpen their wits so that the weight of the law falls on the real culprits
. "

Sant Josep is the municipality with more cars held

Sant Josep is the municipality that more cars on hold for a total of 20, of which 17 are for rent.
In the case of Santa Eulalia have seized two company owned by a 'rent a car', and Sant Antoni,
of the 19 vehicles stopped three are for rent. In Vila, there are 11 cars stopped and two belong
to rent a car. In addition, four cars, it is unknown whether individuals or 'rent a car',
and were recovered after paying the fine.
The Consell reported that last Friday he met with a r
epresentative of another association
of employers hire [Baleval] to which the Councillor Pepa Costa "expressed understanding
and reported that the decree has been prepared by the Directorate General for Transport
of the Government Balearic Islands. " For Cardenas, this is "take balls out."

..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...ilizados-como-taxis-piratas-son-alquiler.html

now already 54 "pirate-taxis" detained ...

but what a joke -
how can the authorities make the rentalcompanies responsible
for illegal activities with their cars ???

"...

Illegal Taxis

The rent-a-car companies are complaining about the law which was passed in June
which hopes to eradicate the practice of unlicensed taxis.

Many of these drivers use hire cars and, when they are apprehended, refuse to pay the fine
of 6,000€ to retrieve the vehicle and it is therefore the company which has to cough up
the money before being able to get it back.
Less than a month after the legislation came into force there were twenty four vehicles
in this situation (more than half of the total impounded), belonging to different companies
in most of the boroughs of the Island, although San José was the most affected,
due to the proximity of the airport.

The Vice President of the relevant association Baleval, (which represents six companies
with a total of 8,000 vehicles), Elías Escandell, commented that he was certain that
a law has never been so detrimental to one sector;
to have to pay a fine for an infraction which you have not committed

He also added that his members were not interested in renting to people
who want to make money out the vehicles, as they tend to be treated roughly
and travel a large amount of kilometres.

Escandell has been in contact with the Transport Councillor, Pepa Costa, but she claimed
that her hands were tied as the Govern passed the law and that any complaints should be
directed to them.
However Parliament is in recession and it will be at least September before any action
could possibly be taken, which will be too late to affect the busiest months
for the rental companies

..."
(theibizasun)

these braindead bastids ... ehm ... the politicians responsible for this late april fool´s joke
should be ****ed in the ass 48hours/day :spank:

Taxis

I swear the taxi situation has got worse this year. I have been here 5 days and resorted to 3 illegal taxis so far. The queue in San An has been over an hour long and 1 taxi will turn up every 10 mins. The telephone numbers go unanswered.

If they feel so strongly about illegal taxi's then I would have thought they would put on sufficient taxi's at peak time to deal with the crowds first.

Had no real problems with the taxis during my stay, used them coming back from Space 30-35E to and from Amnesia was about 17E back to San An Bay.

Had to queue about 20 minutes for one from Cream at about 5am. Was a bit of a everyone for themselves at first but the whistleblowers soon had it restored to order. Offered the usual illegal taxis but they generally seemed to be the same if not more than the normal price of the legal taxis.

Taxi that took us from space to san antonion 1 morning after carl cox, decided to take us down the countryside route and it ended up costing us 35euros! if the licenced taxi's are going to pull of tricks like that, it's not going to help matters is it? He should of gone down the main roads....

I drive both ways to PDB from San An very regularly (i.e. the Ronda motorway and the country route via Sant Josep).

The country route via Sant Josep is actually a shorter distance and takes about the same amount of time because the roads are slower. I doubt it would work out any more expensive on a meter going that way to be honest ! The joke is that 70 Euros return for a taxi is completely nuts. I can drive round trip twice and might use 1/16 of a tank of fuel, less if it's Diesel. 140 Euros to do that in a cab ? I think not .. can get a car for 3 days for that outside peak season :!:

Taxi that took us from space to san antonion 1 morning after carl cox, decided to take us down the countryside route and it ended up costing us 35euros! if the licenced taxi's are going to pull of tricks like that, it's not going to help matters is it? He should of gone down the main roads....

Yes as kimjay says thats the shortest route from space to san an. Along the motorway would have been more expensive.

taxi-nonsense reaching all-time-high :eek:

"...
141skf9.jpg

Taxi drivers block Airport
A revolt against the 'pirates' and institutions

About seventy taxi drivers Sant Josep seconded the plant against the activity
of the 'pirates' | Hundreds of tourists were accumulated in the queue outside the terminal
Local Police put several complaints and removed the vehicle to a girl suspected
of illegally acting as a carrier

IBIZA The revolt against the taxis 'pirate' starring Ibiza airport taxi drivers
who left their business and their vehicles for two hours, between ten and midnight,
caused long lines of tourists and travelers who had just arrived in the island. :spank:
A few meters away, the professionals ... attempted to report or prevent the activities
of those suspected of being 'pirates', causing the odd altercation.

There were also shouts and insults to other taxi drivers who, ignoring the protest,
dare to pick up customers at the stop ...

..."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2012/08/10/revuelta-piratas-instituciones/570809.html

Some of the guys that were at my hotel got an illegal taxi from San An Bay to Kanya (not sure how they actually ended up in one as it was during the day and I'd waved down a regular one 1min before and plenty were coming past).

He drove them to the egg, tried to charge them 20€ then pulled out a knife.
My journey cost €9 right to the door of Kanya and was risk free. :eek:

Back