More Taxi nonsense

now it´s getting ridiculous:
some blokes from the "consell d´eivissa" started a big "take a legal taxi"/
"anti-illegal-taxi"-campaign on the frontpage of the diariodeibiza ...

We left Privilege last year and a guy came up to us offering a taxi - €35 to go bck to San An Bay. Got him down to €30 and then when we got to the car realised it was not a taxi. Told him where to go and walked away.

He was really abusive shouting at us that we were stupid and would never get a taxi back blah blah blah. Turned a corner and about 8 taxis sitting there and only cost us €25!

I dont really like getting taxis on the street and always phone an office for one when I am out, even if there are loads of hackney taixs there. I just feel a lot safer. When we need taxis in Ibiza we used to get the hotel to phone one for us.

taxis

We left Privilege last year and a guy came up to us offering a taxi - €35 to go bck to San An Bay. Got him down to €30 and then when we got to the car realised it was not a taxi. Told him where to go and walked away.

He was really abusive shouting at us that we were stupid and would never get a taxi back blah blah blah. Turned a corner and about 8 taxis sitting there and only cost us €25!

I dont really like getting taxis on the street and always phone an office for one when I am out, even if there are loads of hackney taixs there. I just feel a lot safer. When we need taxis in Ibiza we used to get the hotel to phone one for us.

We came out of Privilege last year & the same thing happened. Ended up gettin the bus from up the road. On the way back into Ibiza town Police had blocked the road & was pulling over any cars that looked like ilegal taxis. Every 1 even the passangers were made to put hand on roof of the cars while armed police searched them. No what you need after 7 hours @ Monza!!!

Why would anyone need an illegal taxi when leaving a club? According to my experience, you can always get a taxi from Amnesia, Pacha, Privilage and most clubs in matter of minutes. And who pays 35€ for a taxi from privilage to san an? Taxi from Playa den Bossa to San An is about 25€!

Our taxi from the airport to San An last week cost 27 euros. Going from San An to the airport cost 35 euros!

Both on a Saturday, middle of the day. But looking at the link I'm guessing it's because it was a booking by phone call as the hotel rang for us.
We initially thought it was a because it was a white knuckle ride at break-neck speed!!

no, life risking velocity is free of charge, but at least you're insured in a real taxi.

What about chauffer companies, can they opperate or if you've got a stretch limo does it need a taxi licence?

What about chauffer companies, can they opperate or if you've got a stretch limo does it need a taxi licence?

I should say that all operations that involves driving or flying around people needs a license and insurances.

now it´s getting ridiculous:
some blokes from the "consell d´eivissa" started a big "take a legal taxi"/
"anti-illegal-taxi"-campaign on the frontpage of the diariodeibiza ...

they put that **** in the airport, too:

2exqwrp.jpg

(foto: grudzinski)

difficult to get rental cars this year ... and the consell has nothing better to do
than waste money on stupid campaigns ...

Legal taxis tend to be cheaper than the illegal ones anyway! Although I do have this English guy on facebook doing taxi runs so I'm assuming he'll be doing them cheap and not at suicide speeds so might give him a ring.

If you have an accident you are not insured - no doubt your family won't mind being destitute for the rest of their lives.

It isn't worth it - wait and pay the proper rate

If you have an accident you are not insured -
no doubt your family won't mind being destitute for the rest of their lives.
It isn't worth it - wait and pay the proper rate
amen .

ps:
and don´t forget to wear a helmet und security-shoes when going to dált vila
because maybe some rocks from the wall could fall down !

pps:
nobody has to pay for a illegal taxi -
you can always hichhike ...

"...
Taxi Struggle

The Island Council began its annual fight against illegal taxis last week,
as Councillor Albert Prats announced new measures to fight the growing problem.

There will be a total of 100,000 leaflets handed out over the course of the summer
warning tourists against the dangers of taking a "pirate" taxi.
This will be in addition to 200 posters which have been strategically placed across
the island in places including the airport, port, tourist information centres and hotels.

There will also be four inspectors controlling the island, with the Council promising
to contract another two within the next few weeks to cover the more controversial
night-time shift, although Prats admitted they were finding it hard to find adequately
trained staff.
He revealed that at the moment they were controlling the main problem areas
during the day including the airport, port, ses Salinas and the centres of San Antonio
and Ibiza Town.

Two unlicensed taxi drivers have already been caught,
both being fined €6,000.

However, the fight has only just begun, with the Island Council keen to prove
it is serious about clamping down on "pirate" taxis.
Prats acknowledged the key would remain improving public transport so that people
were not forced to take alternatives.
To this end he announced there were 31 additional taxis on the streets from 1st July,
with 29 more starting on 1st August.
Bus services have also been improved, especially from the airport,
with most routes leaving every 20 minutes.

The Council has also launched a new website - www.eivissabus.info -
where the public are able to consult the routes and times of all the buses on the island.
..."
(ibiza-sun)

Outside amnesia last thursday morning, about 6 am there were loads of taxi's, they were everywhere.

When we left pacha last friday morning, again around 6 am there were loads of offer off illegal taxis, with about 40 legal one right behind them :lol: There definately seem to be more legal ones available this season.

A bit off-topic I know but lots of taxi nonsense going on here in Amsterdam as well. I don't know if any of you heard this, two days ago a man died after a taxidriver beat him to death :eek:! It's so ridiculous - anyone seems to be able to get a cab licence.

Once, a taxidriver suggested that I could pay "not just with money" and another one tried to charge 5 EUR extra for using his GPS! What is it with these guys!!!

"...
Mad Island Politics

TAXIS -
As a resident on the island I have luckily never had the need or the urge to use a taxi and the plight of the tourists outside the airport, at the taxi stands etc., has passed me by and in my usual state of apathy conversations about same have caused nary a spike in my brain waves - until the other day when a desperate friend asked me to book them one - suddenly all efficiency and organization I placed a call to the radio taxi number and it was engaged - hardly surprising, it is after all summer time - I tried again, over and over and over again and on occasion it actually rang, and rang and rang but then cut off with no reply. To cut a very long story short, I took my friend to the airport myself, and the following day went to ask the owner of a taxi (the man who owns a shop in San Jordi) if there was another number that actually did work, only to hear the following:-

If you call with a San Jose number to the Ibiza taxis they WILL NOT ANSWER, the same goes if you call with an IBIZA number to the SAN JOSE taxis, - how do they know I asked - oh they know - he said - wisely nodding his head - HOW is a tourist supposed to know this - I ASKED - That's NOT MY PROBLEM - he replied - we have got OUR AREAS - I just walked out in disgust muttering things about its not surprising that tourists don't want to come back to this bloody island etc, etc., if that's the treatment that they get .

It's on a par with the problem of the police - having just had a house broken into and informed the police - we were informed by them in turn that they were NOT THE POLICE that dealt with things like that and that we had to deal with the police in San Antonio, why when we are only 6 kilometres from Ibiza and yet we are over 19 kilometres from San Antonio is one of those MAD BUREAUCRATIC ISLAND POLICIES that only the people who have NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TRY AND HAVE A LIFELONG SALARY while not giving a tuppeny damn about real life, elderly people who are afraid, catching thieves, bums, layabouts, thugs and other lowlife scum who are too damn lazy to get a job and would prefer to steal the results of someone else's hard work - and if in the process they take their memories and destroy sentimental values that can NEVER be replaced with all the insurance money in the world - what the hell - the law is always on their side anyway

Isn't it time that these Bureaucrats were brought to book and made to UNITE THE ISLAND - can't we have a police force that works the whole of the island - a taxi service that serves the whole of the island - this island is TINY - WE NEED HAPPY TOURISTS - WE ALSO NEED HAPPY RESIDENTS - WE NEED A FUNCTIONAL POLICE FORCE THAT IS NOT SO TIED UP WITH RED TAPE THAT IT CANNOT CROSS AN INVISIBLE LINE - AND ABOVE ALL WE NEED THE PEOPLE WHO RUN THE ISLAND TO STOP THINKING ABOUT THEIR JOBS AND TO START THINKING ABOUT US - ALL OF US - THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE AND THE TOURISTS WHO PROVIDE OUR LIVING - AND THAT'S ANOTHER THING - AS A MATTER OF COURTESY COULD WE PLEASE HAVE SIGNS IN CASTILLIAN SPANISH AND ENGLISH - I PERSONALLY AM VERY BORED WITH HAVING TO TRANSLATE SIGNS IN CATALAN TO TOURISTS WHO DONT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE.

Joan Turner
..."
(ibiza-sun/Our Readers write... )

I will happily do a house swap with this angy resident for my hous in Leeds. Here, taxis are available 24/7 all signs are in English and even the police are willing to deal with burglaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back