Dating

Offer of another meet. She looks okay, first contacted me, but lives a good hour's drive away.

I'm swaying towards thinking that's too far, especially as she doesn't drive, so if we got off the ground I'd need to go there - probably every weekend to keep a relationship going.

Does that sound picky?

TBH, I consider unnnecessary time spent in cars/trains/planes wasted time. I'd rather meet somone who lives not more than 30 mins away (or a bit longer if we can take turns between places), though attracting females ain't my strong point. :(

Spoke to her on the phone last night, so will need to follow it up soon if interested...

Have you ever been where she's from? Look at it as an adventure. I used to love seeing people from different places around the country for that very reason....

Have you ever been where she's from? Look at it as an adventure. I used to love seeing people from different places around the country for that very reason....

I haven't, but I know we're both ideally looking for something a little longer lasting and I really don't think I could be bothered with the travelling every weekend!! Got to think about the additional petrol cost too. :lol: I'm only a ~15 minute drive into work and back, so not used to regular 'long' journeys.

I generally date anyone regardless of location, but that could be because I kept bored rediculously quickly so know that in reality the long journeys arent going to be forever! ha

Offer of another meet. She looks okay, first contacted me, but lives a good hour's drive away.

I'm swaying towards thinking that's too far, especially as she doesn't drive, so if we got off the ground I'd need to go there - probably every weekend to keep a relationship going.

Does that sound picky?

TBH, I consider unnnecessary time spent in cars/trains/planes wasted time. I'd rather meet somone who lives not more than 30 mins away (or a bit longer if we can take turns between places), though attracting females ain't my strong point. :(

Spoke to her on the phone last night, so will need to follow it up soon if interested...

In short, yes :lol:

Depends on how much you want a relationship. You should also consider that she might be great and the hour might not seem so much for you to spend time together ;)

Put a wee bit of effort in you might get a nice surprise!

I can understand medium distance relationships if you meet someone on a night out that you really hit it off with, but not sure why someone would purposefully look for one... But that's just me; like I say, not a big fan of being sat in a car/bus/train doing the same long journey over and over. Tried to keep flings :)lol:) going before where there's that level of travel and I just can't be bothered.

I suppose the real question is why I can't meet someone nearer by. :rolleyes: It's not like there aren't a good few towns around me that take less than 30 mins to get to.

I haven't, but I know we're both ideally looking for something a little longer lasting and I really don't think I could be bothered with the travelling every weekend!! Got to think about the additional petrol cost too. :lol: I'm only a ~15 minute drive into work and back, so not used to regular 'long' journeys.

What your looking for hasn't been found on your door step, so take the chance and see what can be?

I can understand medium distance relationships if you meet someone on a night out that you really hit it off with, but not sure why someone would purposefully look for one... But that's just me; like I say, not a big fan of being sat in a car/bus/train doing the same long journey over and over. Tried to keep flings :)lol:) going before where there's that level of travel and I just can't be bothered.

I suppose the real question is why I can't meet someone nearer by. :rolleyes: It's not like there aren't a good few towns around me that take less than 30 mins to get to.

:lol::lol::lol: you're making me laugh! I guess I grew up in a village which was an hour from the city so I very quickly got used to travelling places and an hour doesn't seem that big a deal to me! Is there anywhere mid-point that you can meet?

Sounds like you do really want to meet someone and there is obviously no-one in your area at the moment so why not take a chance? Unless you just can't be bothered :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: you're making me laugh! I guess I grew up in a village which was an hour from the city so I very quickly got used to travelling places and an hour doesn't seem that big a deal to me! Is there anywhere mid-point that you can meet?

Sounds like you do really want to meet someone and there is obviously no-one in your area at the moment so why not take a chance? Unless you just can't be bothered :lol:

Hmm. Can't really think that there are many places in between, that aren't total backwoods anyway. Plus it would need to be somewhere on a bus route for her, as she can't drive.

TBH, I'm not that fussy, but distance (or not living quite close) is one thing that puts me off. Should have probably just brushed her off when she 1st contacted me rather than getting into messaging and phoning her last night. Then I wouldn't be having dilemmas. :rolleyes:

Hmm. Can't really think that there are many places in between, that aren't total backwoods anyway. Plus it would need to be somewhere on a bus route for her, as she can't drive.

TBH, I'm not that fussy, but distance (or not living quite close) is one thing that puts me off. Should have probably just brushed her off when she 1st contacted me rather than getting into messaging and phoning her last night. Then I wouldn't be having dilemmas. :rolleyes:

and what did you think when you did speak to her?

Ex lived 5 hours away door to door, I can understand why long distances can be a bit crap. But from personal experience, they always seem more intense and exciting... even if they do have the tendency to not work

An hour each way isn't too bad. And she can make her way to yours via public transport, you don't have to do the travelling 100% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
She texted me tonight to chase me up. I can't have sounded as horrendously nervous as I thought on the phone last night...

An hour away ? That's nothing, JV. I've tried hard to keep the women I've dated at least 3 hours away (or a cross-channel flight at the very least). In jest ...

e05ddf60574606562061562fec498be1.png

An hour is neither here nor there with some good music / audio book / radio, Can be used as total chill time in the car. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, if this chick is the one, the hour will be gone in the blink of an eye every journey.

Distance can be a good thing. If it doesn't work out you probably won't bump into her!

I'm surprised that you can't be arsed to drive for a hour to see her, as you often lament at the lack of suitable ladies in your life.

Broaden your horizons mate, you never know her best mate might be even better looking?

Treat it as one big foraging trip with boobies thrown in.

:lol:

Back