SAN ANTONIO - THE REGENERATION (very interesting article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All interesting stuff.

I guess only time will tell what impact the promenade actually has. You can't argue the place has improved in the last few years. And while the west end gives it a bad name it's certainly not as bad as it was.

I still prefer the other side of the island though.

Showing that the police had been active, the town hall pointed out that, since the start of summer, the police had reported 24 establishments & situations for creating too much noise. 2 establishments had been ordered to remove speakers they had outside on their terrace whilst 2 more have had their music systems officially sealed so that they could not play music ( ! ). The police had also carried out 16 sound metre readings to check sound levels at other establishments.
today the newspapers report that coastline cafe got a fine of 90.000€ for making too much noise, after been denounced many times by the neighbours during the last 4 years:

:arrow: http://www.diariodeibiza.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=127665

2dchfkj.jpg

Crikey. That's got to hurt.

Wonder if that was to send a message out? Have any other bars got fined this year? And if so, was it the same sort of amount?

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
The new promenade from San Antonio town centre to Cala Gracioneta will finally be constructed. Frozen since the year 2000, the project will at last get underway in October and cost €4.5 million.
There will be two distinct parts to the ‘paseo,’ the first stretch, running past the famous sunset strips to Cala des Moro will be paved to a width of six metres. The last part up to the lovely little cove of Cala Gracioneta will have a much more ‘rustic’ look and will probably be a wooden boardwalk as it traverses some quite rocky coastline.
Sunset Strip Promenade Building To Start Soon.
Costing 4.5 million€, the planned promenade between the port in Sant Antoni & the Cala Gracio area of the town was approved last week & the date to start the work set for this autumn with the contracts now being put out to tender. The only change is that, for budgeting & technical reasons, the project will be divided into 2 phases with the first phase from the port to Cala des Moro being carried out this coming winter as the authorities feel that this section is in most need of a fundamental change, improvement & re-organisation, which building the promenade will supposedly achieve. This first section will have an imitation stone floor covering with wooden urban furniture, fixtures & fittings using 75% of the budget. The first phase will be completed by summer 2007 & the next, more rustic phase from Cala des Moro to Cala Gracio will start in autumn 2007.
the works started today and will be finished in 4 months + a half (yeah right ! ! ).....

btw..... the second phase will affect the old pool of kanya, which is just next to the sea. as you might remember, they didnt have time to finish the new one before the opening so they had to cover it and this summer it didnt have two pools as expected. so i suppose next summer it will have two and in october the old one will be demolished to continue with the promenade works!! :idea:

the future new pool this afternoon:

2001971813042854089_rs.jpg

Underground Car parking Approved.
The Council in Sant Antoni approved the results of a feasibility study carried out by a firm from Valencia interested in building an underground car park under what is now the Plaza de España recreational area in the heart of the town. This decision paves the way for the project to become a reality & in 30 or so days the definite plans for the car park, which would have 3 storeys underground, 2 accesses & one exit as well as the capacity for 300 cars, could be completed & put out to tender if all the other authorities agree. The construction of the car park could be paid for by allowing the builders to exploit the installation for 75 years. It was suggested that some car parking spaces could be sold to nearby residents for 24.000€. Other residents could park for 1.35€ a day in the underground car park with specials passes whilst normal users would pay 1.5€ an hour.
change of plans..... the underground car park in plaza de españa will be done NEXT winter:

:arrow: http://www.diariodeibiza.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=133764

2002570822889445886_rs.jpg

the second phase will affect the old pool of kanya, which is just next to the sea. as you might remember, they didnt have time to finish the new one before the opening so they had to cover it and this summer it didnt have two pools as expected. so i suppose next summer it will have two and in october the old one will be demolished to continue with the promenade works!! :idea:
erm, a little update..... the old pool has been demolished today!! :eek: :confused: :eek:

taken two hours ago:

2002203806892265050_rs.jpg

2000115851404709173_rs.jpg
2001455074012903064_rs.jpg

now you have an idea of how caló des moro looks like but how about ses variades? the works down there started two weeks ago after the closing of cafe del mar (which is expected to reopen on march 31st) and this is how it is going so far >>>

as you can see, the promenade will pass just in front of the bars (see the blue/green lines).....
2005519924866969187_rs.jpg

2005594954755170938_rs.jpg

----------------------------------------------- I---------- promenade --->
..... which means that all of them are losing space for the tables, etc.....
2001863697455979147_rs.jpg

2001803108729294678_rs.jpg

<--- promenade ----------------------------------I
..... and will have to install wood platforms similar to sugar sea next to the new promenade:
2001298052390108675_rs.jpg

2001284029875128277_rs.jpg

apparently all along the sea front it will be surrounded by stone wall:
2001201864592866486_rs.jpg

2001248122513927790_rs.jpg

sunset from the about-to-disappear terrace of rey de copas:
2005496781466131453_rs.jpg

2005465901838688925_rs.jpg

and talking about disappearing, the stairs of savannah disappear too... the same with part of the terrace of sugar sea, which will be even smaller:
2002045587989059700_rs.jpg

2002399310002710845_rs.jpg

(15/11/06)

Last edited by a moderator:
i think for cafe del mar, it will actually be an improvement if they have those wooden platforms. cos where the tables currently are placed, there is far too much traffic passing through.....

at least from now on the traffic will pass on the prom and not for the people sat there trying to enjoy the sunset.

@ mackie - where exactly will the stone wall be??? by the blue/green lines???

It will be interesting to see :

1)if this is finished in time for next season

2) how it will affect the sunset bar "experience"

I am personally quite sad its being altered as Ive had some of the best times of my life down there, with some great memories. BUT, theres every chance it could be a real improvement!

It will be interesting to see :

1)if this is finished in time for next season

2) how it will affect the sunset bar "experience"

I am personally quite sad its being altered as Ive had some of the best times of my life down there, with some great memories. BUT, theres every chance it could be a real improvement!

here here:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back