#Brexit

etias has nowt to do with brexit. it was first proposed by the ec in april 2016 and had brexit not happened then the uk would have been included in the scheme. it is intended to be introduced along with the ees system which digitally registers entry and exit to the eu so the 90 day rule can be enforced without the need for passport stamps.
No. If the UK were still in the EU we would, like the Irish, have freedom of movement, and although Ireland is not in Schengen, their citizens will not be required to have ETIAS/EES as that would restrict the freedom of movement of their citizens.

It means that if a UK citizen flies from Dublin to any Eu/Schengen country, on arrival passports will be examined and those with Irish will be directed down their own lane where a glance of the passport will be sufficient, whereas UK may have an entirely different route.

However it is possible that both could go down one lane, and the machinery picks up the Irish passport and allows through, and a UK one subject to checks of the ETIAS and so on when swiped.

"Is your passport Irish/EU?" - yes - allowed through
"Is your passport non-EU/EEA" - yes - check to see if EITAS or Schengen Visa has been complied with electronically - then allowed through with time/date of entry noted. If not then entry refused.

Spanish apt biometric machines now rely on fingerprints which don’t always respond to touch so god knows how much time really will get saved..
Either a fault with the machine or a fault with the finger! You reach the machine at the end of a sweaty queue where everyone else has been putting their sweaty paws on....makes reading difficult and also is hardly healthy, thousands touching the same spot after wiping their bums in the aircraft toilet......

......think I've suddenly lost the will to travel.....

Either a fault with the machine or a fault with the finger! You reach the machine at the end of a sweaty queue where everyone else has been putting their sweaty paws on....makes reading difficult and also is hardly healthy, thousands touching the same spot after wiping their bums in the aircraft toilet......

......think I've suddenly lost the will to travel.....

True story - I was stopped at the US border because I had a similar thumbprint to an international terrorist. Which one? I asked. "That's classified..."

True story - I was stopped at the US border because I had a similar thumbprint to an international terrorist. Which one? I asked. "That's classified..."
What happens if they have your fingerprint, but you have damaged or cut your finger before you travel? ie there's a cut along the print?

Looking like insurers may write car off...
I never chased the valuation they promised as checking with the garage again, they said the part was on the way. That was 3 weeks ago or so. While I was in Ibiza last week I recieved an estimated return date of 11th August, ie. Monday. Just rang the garage to check all on course, and they are 'hoping' to get parts on 11th August:mad:

My new car is about to leave the factory. I wonder how long it’s going to be stuck on a container at one of our ports before it finally makes it’s way to me 😂

I’m estimating Christmas based on what happened last time.

Back