The end of the West End?

I know the forum has been on tenterhooks for months on this one...😃 NDubz did perform at Ibiza Rocks in the end, and tbf looked busy on Ibiza Rocks socials.

Anyone on the island know how busy the west end is this year so far?

I know the forum has been on tenterhooks for months on this one...😃 NDubz did perform at Ibiza Rocks in the end, and tbf looked busy on Ibiza Rocks socials.

Still the same. Still in dire need in accepting things are over and it's time for change

My daughter was there last week and said West End was very quiet

I was there a couple of weeks go and I would say its the same as always. I only go up there to the Boozer as known the owners for years. Went to use the cigarette machine at the Highlander, that was rammed.
Still a fair amount of young folk down there mixed with the older stag, hen dos etc. balloon sellers stil making a killing. Its still got a few years left in it yet.

Balloons....they seem to be EVERYWHERE not just in the Westend but everywhere. I thought they were illegal and jumped on a few years ago?. But it would appear the sunglasses sellers of years gone by have traded their Royoboyos in for large canisters of gas and a bag full of balloons and are trading with impunity.

Horrible things. They were once legal in all the bars etc but I have seen first hand the damage they can cause with strokes etc.
Much more money in balloons. Sure they charge around 10euros for one or something.

The major announced they plan to turn the Vara de Rey street into a boulevard that will go from Ses Variades to the West End and will include a Hall of Fame dedicated to some of the musicians that are part of San Antonio's history. The idea is to attract the people that go to Ses Variades to enjoy the sunset and later leave the town :!:

The Town Hall is also looking for somewhere in the West End to open an art gallery...

The major announced they plan to turn the Vara de Rey street into a boulevard that will go from Ses Variades to the West End and will include a Hall of Fame dedicated to some of the musicians that are part of San Antonio's history. The idea is to attract the people that go to Ses Variades to enjoy the sunset and later leave the town :!:

The Town Hall is also looking for somewhere in the West End to open an art gallery...

This is a good idea, the route from the sunset strip to west end feels like a shady backstreet walk currently

Visited San Antonio for the first time this holiday since 2013.

We went for a day drinking session on Sunday 2 July. Ibiza Rocks Bar, Linekers, Cafe Mambo and then onto the Highlander and Shenanigans.

I noticed that quite a few bars have closed - Entice and Amsterdam Bar were great favourites of mine in 2013 and both no more.

Ibiza Rocks Bar was busy but it was about 1400 in the day. Linekers absolutely dead and to be honest have no idea why they bothered opening.

The west end and strip as it were was also dead we were there from about 2100-2300. Highlander the busiest but not many inside, same with Shenanigans. People just drinking outside.

Was very surprised at how quiet it was and how little amount of bars there are compared to 2013.

We went to the 80s bar on Wednesday eve after Joel Corry at Ibiza Rocks Hotel. Was a great time but again pretty quiet we were in there til about 0100 and it wasn’t busy.

I guess people just don’t do the strip anymore. San Antonio is more a day time location with Ibiza Rocks and O Beach pool parties taking over.

Was also surprised at how quiet it was for early July. In 2013 I came late August and it was much busier then which again was strange. Thought early July would be peak season.

We went for a day drinking session on Sunday 2 July. Ibiza Rocks Bar, Linekers, Cafe Mambo and then onto the Highlander and Shenanigans.

I noticed that quite a few bars have closed - Entice and Amsterdam Bar were great favourites of mine in 2013 and both no more.

Ibiza Rocks Bar was busy but it was about 1400 in the day. Linekers absolutely dead and to be honest have no idea why they bothered opening.

The west end and strip as it were was also dead we were there from about 2100-2300. Highlander the busiest but not many inside, same with Shenanigans. People just drinking outside.

Was very surprised at how quiet it was and how little amount of bars there are compared to 2013.

We went to the 80s bar on Wednesday eve after Joel Corry at Ibiza Rocks Hotel. Was a great time but again pretty quiet we were in there til about 0100 and it wasn’t busy.

I guess people just don’t do the strip anymore. San Antonio is more a day time location with Ibiza Rocks and O Beach pool parties taking over.

Was also surprised at how quiet it was for early July. In 2013 I came late August and it was much busier then which again was strange. Thought early July would be peak season.
Worth reading back through this thread. They killed off the west end yonks ago.

Interesting but sad to hear how its changed in a decade. Times certainly are changing. Ive not done a proper West End night out since 2018.

As mentioned, the west end simply isn’t anywhere near the same beast it was.. However a couple of weeks back we headed to the highlander about 2 hours before Scotland had a match and it was literally empty, that’s normally the one place that has retained most of its base. I was expected to meet groups of people that had been drinking all day in anticipation of their match 😂

Not been to the West End since 99/2000, but we're staying in Cala Gració this year (always rotate around the island!) so will inevitably descend... is there a Play2 equivalent now??

Anywhere in town cool/unusual for daytime eats?

Not been to the West End since 99/2000, but we're staying in Cala Gració this year (always rotate around the island!) so will inevitably descend... is there a Play2 equivalent now??

Anywhere in town cool/unusual for daytime eats?
A place that’s on my list to check out is Mundo Street Food in San An, seems to be popular from what I’ve seen on Instagram and the food looks nice.

So what the heck do people do for drinking and bars in San An now? Bit worried about how I'll find the place in September, my first visit since whatever year LCD Soundsystem played Ibiza Rocks... West End was a bit trashy, but at least it was friendly and you could get talking to people!

So what the heck do people do for drinking and bars in San A now? Bit worried about how I'll find the place in September, my first visit since whatever year LCD Soundsystem played Ibiza Rocks... West End was a bit trashy, but at least it was friendly and you could get talking to people!
There are still one or two bars there like the Highlander but I was really boring in June and went back to my hotel to sleep while the others went there so I don’t think I can comment 😂

Itaca on the front is another good shout, when I’ve been solo there I’ve ended up having a natter with a few randoms.

I think I’ll be there when you’re there in sept so you’ll have some company :)

Back