Hotel discussion thread

IMG-20230524-142648.jpg

:!:

Has anyone seen the prices for the 2 new fancy hotels being opened in cala llonga this summer..
Cheapest is 720 euros a night excluding breakfast.
Am i reading that right.

Would not surprise me. 100% aimed at the US and other luxury market. Look where there are other Mondrian's - and some classics over the years. West Hollywood, Miami Beach, London (used to be amazing 20 years ago).

Anyone stayed at the Fergus Bahamas? TIA
over all my stay was good. The room was great good size, great sized balcony. It is a big complex though so I’d imagine it might be a bit of pot luck with the room. Ground floor is avoid if possible they look quite dark, not very private either. I was really luck I had a room in the building closest to the beach, pool and sea view.
Access directly to the beach from the hotel, good pool bar with decent music in the day, hotel bar plays pretty decent music in the evening too, pretty good atmosphere.
Breakfast was the usual breakfast choices, evening meal selection was a little limited though, I ate out a few times.
Overall for the price I paid I have no complaints, I opted for half board, I don’t think I’d want to do all in. I’m not sure I would have felt the same way if I had paid the same price as my friend, she booked a lot later than me and paid almost double for the same room type. My only issue and it’s a personal one, I just felt to far away from everything.

over all my stay was good. The room was great good size, great sized balcony. It is a big complex though so I’d imagine it might be a bit of pot luck with the room. Ground floor is avoid if possible they look quite dark, not very private either. I was really luck I had a room in the building closest to the beach, pool and sea view.
Access directly to the beach from the hotel, good pool bar with decent music in the day, hotel bar plays pretty decent music in the evening too, pretty good atmosphere.
Breakfast was the usual breakfast choices, evening meal selection was a little limited though, I ate out a few times.
Overall for the price I paid I have no complaints, I opted for half board, I don’t think I’d want to do all in. I’m not sure I would have felt the same way if I had paid the same price as my friend, she booked a lot later than me and paid almost double for the same room type. My only issue and it’s a personal one, I just felt to far away from everything.
Thanks for the follow up and info!! I hope you had a great trip.

Where's best with kids these days? Looking at late August....
Not Jets for you then? :p
Sorry can't help you on this front.

Wanted to just give a positive review for Play Hotel Ibiza in Figueretes.

It's a newly refurbished one star hotel, but we really didnt feel like it was. Not entirely sure what gives hotels the different stars, but we've been to far worse 3 stars. The bathroom was brilliant, amazing rain shower. Lots of room and very comfortable bed. Breakfast included too (and very decent buffet) and the room was the cheapest in the area by quite a distance.

Downsides if you need it, is no pool, but if you're not fussed about that and happy to swim in the sea (1 min away) like we were then no loss there. Also no fridge in rooms, but again not too fussed there. (My wife packed a kettle and cups haha)

So if you fancy a stay on a budget (in Figueretes area) missing some facilities but still staying in a very comfy room then go for this.

Can anyone recommend a decent apartment/hotel? We are two 40 year olds - usually go for villas/airbnbs but the apartment hotels seem a bit cheaper. We will be clubbing but keen to also be able to sleep/chill and don't want to feel too old. Looking for around figueretes, near ibiza town.

Can anyone recommend a decent apartment/hotel? We are two 40 year olds - usually go for villas/airbnbs but the apartment hotels seem a bit cheaper. We will be clubbing but keen to also be able to sleep/chill and don't want to feel too old. Looking for around figueretes, near ibiza town.
When the wife and I go without the kids, Torre Del Mar in Bossa is our go to. We are late 40s :)eek:)

We're the same ages, and like that, we wanted to be actually able to sleep / chill in peace when we needed too. So this year we booked a superior sea view apartment right on the prom in Fig for September.. Apartments llobet.. But the Torre Del Mar is a lovely hotel option too, good location also.

Not Jets for you then? :p
Sorry can't help you on this front.

Wanted to just give a positive review for Play Hotel Ibiza in Figueretes.

It's a newly refurbished one star hotel, but we really didnt feel like it was. Not entirely sure what gives hotels the different stars, but we've been to far worse 3 stars. The bathroom was brilliant, amazing rain shower. Lots of room and very comfortable bed. Breakfast included too (and very decent buffet) and the room was the cheapest in the area by quite a distance.

Downsides if you need it, is no pool, but if you're not fussed about that and happy to swim in the sea (1 min away) like we were then no loss there. Also no fridge in rooms, but again not too fussed there. (My wife packed a kettle and cups haha)

So if you fancy a stay on a budget (in Figueretes area) missing some facilities but still staying in a very comfy room then go for this.
Stars are awarded for all sorts of stuff, wether there is a pool, an elevator, even stuff like having bilingual staff...and no doubt sometimes some brown paper bags of cash in the room when the inspector calls 😉 also in a lot of countries the grades dont ever change so a hotel can be decades old and in need of repair but still the same star rating as when new.

You are right that a well run lower star hotel is often better than a higher star one where the management dont care.

Hi all, can anyone recommend an all inclusive either Talamanca, Ibiza Town or Bossa? (Or anywhere close to Ibiza Town) ideally adults only. I'm a veteran but only every done apartments and this time it's a short visit so fancy all inclusive for day time drinks etc

Hi all, can anyone recommend an all inclusive either Talamanca, Ibiza Town or Bossa? (Or anywhere close to Ibiza Town) ideally adults only. I'm a veteran but only every done apartments and this time it's a short visit so fancy all inclusive for day time drinks etc
the white island used to be okay in bossa but I wouldn’t recommend it now. My April trip I was out of the game for 3 days with food poisoning 🤢

Don’t think there’s all inclusive in the town or talamanca..

I would definitely recommend TRS though in cala gracio.. been a couple of times last year and will be in my next 2 trips

Last edited:
the white island used to be okay in bossa but I wouldn’t recommend it now. My April trip I was out of the game for 3 days with food poisoning 🤢

Don’t think there’s all inclusive in the town or talamanca..

I would definitely recommend TRS though in cala gracio.. been a couple of times last year and will be in my next 2 trips
Not many AI hotels in the general area... My suggestion would be the the same, Palladium Palace / White Island hotel options.. Not sure how many drinks are allowed to be served... Buying drinks in the supermarket are as cheap.. €8 for a litre of Vodka!

Not sure you’ll have much luck finding adult only. Ibiza TWIIN good option. Well located.

Back