Zante - any goers?

Emma_1983

Anybody here have any good knowledge of Zante, been there a few times etc etc? Any reports would be great.

Me and the bf have booked up to go to Kalamaki for 2 weeks, its meant to be nice and chilled. But we are hearing more and more reports from so called people who have been there and they all say how close it is to Laganas :confused:

I really really dont want to be near anything loud. I know that sounds so old and boring but I really need a chilled out break and its our first holiday away together....

I would imagine the busier parts are full of goers Em! Is this a follow on from your 'couples evening'?

Oops! Only read the title...

Anybody here have any good knowledge of Zante, been there a few times etc etc? Any reports would be great.

Me and the bf have booked up to go to Kalamaki for 2 weeks, its meant to be nice and chilled. But we are hearing more and more reports from so called people who have been there and they all say how close it is to Laganas :confused:

I really really dont want to be near anything loud. I know that sounds so old and boring but I really need a chilled out break and its our first holiday away together....

i stayed in Alikanas last year... we wanted quiet/chilled, but the whole Island was dead (was most of the season for some reason) with the exception of Laganas (club 18-30 land) after my mate went on a quad bike exploration one day...

the beaches and water around Zante are pristine tho, so take a snorkel and some flippers ;)

Yep,been to Zante.

Stayed in Kalamaki too,must have been about 10 years ago though.It was building up and getting bigger then!:rolleyes:..Not much greek about the place though,funny layout,with main road,crossroads,with shops,bars,restaurants etc.Only a couple of roads to the beach,passing fields with smatterings of hotels.Its about a kilometre to the beach from the main crossroads,might be nearer for you,depending on where you are staying?There are [was?]some music bars,and family type places showing films etc.Laganas:eek:...dont worry about it,you wont see or hear anything unless you go there!..Nice walk along the beach [which is very good IMO,watch out for those Turtles :)] towards Laganas though,a bit like PDB,without the buildings [then anyway]..Enjoy 8)

oh, and take your drivers licence, you can get a quad bike for the day at around €35 for the day, its THE Best way to see the island... your own boat is about €50 for half a day... and theres also organised day excursions to Ancient Olympia if you fancy seeing some ruins (the 2hr boat trip is a great way to cool down).

Ive been I think we stayed in Kalamaki but i cant totally remember . I would say its the not the nicest place ive ever been to if i remember correctly (think PDB) but its nowhere near the grot that is Laganas , that place should come with a health warning! (we had a great time tho aged 19!)

Thanks for the reviews. Our first choice was Kefalonia, thinking we should have paid a bit more and gone there!!

Mixed feelings about Kalamaki now, but guess I will have to wait until June to find out!

Thanks for the reviews. Our first choice was Kefalonia, thinking we should have paid a bit more and gone there!!

Mixed feelings about Kalamaki now, but guess I will have to wait until June to find out!

Kefalonia is even more quieter than Zante.

:lol:

Out and about.

Kalamaki is pretty close to Zakinthos Town,get a bus or cab into there,then get round those grubby backstreets,you could even imagine you were in Greece...:p Some nice eating places ,marina,art galleries etc :),Coach tour round the Island,visit churches,graveyards,[no,really]eat yogourt with honey by the roadside,yum.Stop at fish restaurant,Skinari,I think? Have a swim,great day out.Another idea,boat trip round the Island,stopping for swimming into caves,small beaches unreachable otherwise,and of course dropping you at the famous shipwreck beach,as seen on every promotional picture for Zante,all you will need is a sunhat:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i went to tsilivi last may and it was nice i went with my gf and stayed in the zante maris id go back there with my gf but if i was goin with my mates id go to laganas i went there on nite time bender and it was good but not as near as good as ibiza !! if that helps ??

I dont want to be too near to Laganas is what I am trying to stress. We dont really want to go there, my bf has been before on a lads holiday and its not really what we want for a couples holiday. So what I was saying was the further away the better, just wondering if anyone knew thats all...........

Well,Kalamaki is next to Laganas,but they dont really collide,not the nightlife,certainly!:)...Its a bit like Stallis next to Malia:twisted:on Crete,if you are familiar with there?

I would imagine the busier parts are full of goers Em! Is this a follow on from your 'couples evening'?

Oops! Only read the title...

Is there an established time limit for how are far after an event imitation ceases to be the sincerest form of flattery JJ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back