Your worst 5 gigs in order?

Dirk

1/ Goldfrapp, Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2008

2 / Faithless, Ingliston, Edinburgh 2002

3/ Klaxons, Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2007

4/ Everything but the Girl, Pavilllion. Glasgow 1988

5/ Zero 7, Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2007

1/ Goldfrapp, Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2008

Alison Goldfrapp was in a stinker of a mood, stopped and started one song twice and then just went on to the next one and blamed the keyboard player (arguing with him twice!) She then finished early and walked off.

2 / Faithless, Ingliston, Edinburgh 2002

This was their warm up for Creamfields the next again day. I had look forward to seeing them for ages but again they stopped and started, would build up and then play something slower. Were on for about an hour, looked like they wanted to have an early night for the next again night. Add the biggest bunch of chavs I have encountered and not really a night to remember.

3/ Klaxons, Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2007

Only really went with the Mrs because I got comps and wanted to see Simian Mobile Disco who were supporting. I felt like I had walked into an under 18s Disco. Almost punched a 16 year old for barging past and then had to walk past about a 100 Mums and Dads waiting outside at the end. They all looked at us as if we should know better.

4/ Everything but the Girl, Pavilllion. Glasgow 1988

Went with a friend, only knew one song.

5/ Zero 7, Corn Exchange, Edinburgh 2007

I have seen them again and they were great. This was a snooze fest and I could have done with a chair. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I've only got the one memorable bad one:

Oasis - Wembley
Summer 2000

Hot, crowded, full of twats and a 3 hour journey back to the hotel whilst DESPERATE for the loo and wrestling with a migraine.

In their defence Oasis & The Happy Mondays were alright but the crowds and the queues put me off going to a festival until I finally manned up and went to V for the first time last year.

New Order - mid - late 80's
REASON: fell asleep on a pile of coats - absolutely dull as ....

Danielle Dax - mid 80's
REASON: she had taken that many laxatives - she did about 2 songs before heading off for the bog (I inow this because they were on her rider and I had to sort it :))

Faithless - 2007?
Another dull as f*** but we just put that down to seeing them far too many times....(also we both had flu :lol::lol::lol:)

I think that's about it for worst gigs.....;)

1. Stone Roses .... Reading 1996

2. 50 Cent...Reading 2004

3. Eminem ...Reading 2001

4. Martha Reeves and the Vandellas ...Croydon Festival 2010

5. Pink Floyd ...... Chicago ( Great concert, but I got arrested for selling bootleg T Shirts just before they came on. Spent the whole time in handcuffs chained to the floor in a holding cell at the Stadium..Could just about hear the music)

I had a ticket but I fell in love and sat at home in front of the TV pining for my boyfriend who was snowboarding in New England with his ex-girlfriend and her family :lol:

Why was it so bad for you?

was he your boyfriend then?? Why was he on holiday with an ex??

The fact I didn't really prepare for it being outside in the middle of winter :lol:
The queues
The twat that stopped the music at midnight
The price
Losing friends

Pups - I thought New Order were boring in concert in '87 but I wouldn't list them among my worst. It's still New Order!

I've been mulling this over for a day now and can't really come up with anything from back in my early concertgoing days. So, I'll rely on examples from the past decade:

1. Sisters of Mercy, club B1 Maximum, Moscow, 2009
One of my favorite bands of all time but this show was quite possibly the worst sound and mixing I have ever heard in a supposedly-professional concert venue. Funny thing is I'd seen them 2 years earlier in the same venue and loved it.

2. Sex Pistols, Luzhniki arena, Moscow, 2007 and/or Exit Festival, Novy Sad, Serbia 2007
They should have never toured. I mean I loved seeing them, but if I'm honest with myself they really sucked. Johnny Lydon singing an interlude about down with the USA and praise Islam had to be the lowlight of the latter appearance (he obviously confused Serbia and Bosnia. The Serbs were not amused)

Black Eyed Peas, Vasilevsky Spusk (adjacent to Red Sq), Moscow, 2006
I actually didn't pay to get into this show, thank goodness. I sat near my office across the river and enjoyed, from afar, Tatu (surprisingly good live) and Shakira (likewise). In between, I was bored to death by the Peas. Not my style anyway, but they are horrendous live.

4. Faithless Sound System, Expocenter, Moscow, 2010
I've seen the full Faithless show 3 times and included the Berlin one in my best concerts. I think they're great. Which is why I can not understand why they went on tour with this half-baked, half-produced shadow of themselves. I heard tickets to their show in Moscow last week (sadly, canceled as Maxi is sick) were selling slowly as a result of the fallout from this show and people not realizing what the difference is. Way to kill a brand.

5. Chemical Brothers, B1 Maximum, Moscow, 2007
Similar to Faithless above. Billed as some kind of live show. In reality, one of them DJed a set of their own songs while the other one went around doing jack all with racks of effects and crap positioned around them. I've heard they have another, full version of their show. I'd like to see it. This one was unbearable such that I left early. And that's a rarity for me if I paid for a ticket.

Pups - I thought New Order were boring in concert in '87 but I wouldn't list them among my worst. It's still New Order!

I've been mulling this over for a day now and can't really come up with anything from back in my early concertgoing days. So, I'll rely on examples from the past decade:

1. Sisters of Mercy, club B1 Maximum, Moscow, 2009
One of my favorite bands of all time but this show was quite possibly the worst sound and mixing I have ever heard in a supposedly-professional concert venue. Funny thing is I'd seen them 2 years earlier in the same venue and loved it.

2. Sex Pistols, Luzhniki arena, Moscow, 2007 and/or Exit Festival, Novy Sad, Serbia 2007
They should have never toured. I mean I loved seeing them, but if I'm honest with myself they really sucked. Johnny Lydon singing an interlude about down with the USA and praise Islam had to be the lowlight of the latter appearance (he obviously confused Serbia and Bosnia. The Serbs were not amused)

Black Eyed Peas, Vasilevsky Spusk (adjacent to Red Sq), Moscow, 2006
I actually didn't pay to get into this show, thank goodness. I sat near my office across the river and enjoyed, from afar, Tatu (surprisingly good live) and Shakira (likewise). In between, I was bored to death by the Peas. Not my style anyway, but they are horrendous live.

4. Faithless Sound System, Expocenter, Moscow, 2010
I've seen the full Faithless show 3 times and included the Berlin one in my best concerts. I think they're great. Which is why I can not understand why they went on tour with this half-baked, half-produced shadow of themselves. I heard tickets to their show in Moscow last week (sadly, canceled as Maxi is sick) were selling slowly as a result of the fallout from this show and people not realizing what the difference is. Way to kill a brand.

5. Chemical Brothers, B1 Maximum, Moscow, 2007
Similar to Faithless above. Billed as some kind of live show. In reality, one of them DJed a set of their own songs while the other one went around doing jack all with racks of effects and crap positioned around them. I've heard they have another, full version of their show. I'd like to see it. This one was unbearable such that I left early. And that's a rarity for me if I paid for a ticket.

Yeah - but they're not Joy Divison :spank: :)

was he your boyfriend then?? Why was he on holiday with an ex??

Yes he was my boyfriend at the time and is now my hubby :lol:

The short version:-

He and The Ex went through an amicable split after her Dad died.

He was into snowboarding but none of his friends were going that winter so when he found out The Ex was going he tagged along with her.

We got together 6 weeks before he went away. I pretended like I didn't care and my nonchalance must have paid off as we've been together ever since.

Incidentally I met The Ex at her leaving party before she went to live abroad. She's lovely and has amazing boobs. I was slightly jealous.

Worst gigs take more thinking about, I don't like negative stuff!

1) The Twang - A pub in Leeds near Uni - 2007? :- just WTF (M8 had bought tickets telling us they were the next big thing!)

2) Dodgy - (Irish Centre - Leeds) - 1995? :- Sound system setup was pants, crowd was pants, no vibe.

3) Chumba Wumba - Bradford 1995? :- Had seen them previous year outdoors at Roundhay music festival, crowd was great and great vibe. They were totally different indoors.

Ha ha amazing! I'd love to have witnessed that if it's the gig I'm thinking of! :lol:

Yes it was....came on with all the big ''I am gangster, busting caps in ya ass'' sort of ****. Then got wacked on the head with a beer can or two from a bunch of Indie kids, then basiclly ran away.

5. Pink Floyd ...... Chicago ( Great concert, but I got arrested for selling bootleg T Shirts just before they came on. Spent the whole time in handcuffs chained to the floor in a holding cell at the Stadium..Could just about hear the music)

:lol::lol::lol:

Back