Kitkat (BER)
Salon zur Wilden Renate (BER)
about blank (BER)
Sisyphos (BER)
NYX (AMS)
Ministry of sound (LON)
Heaven (LON)
Old pacha place (LON)

Giving this a go just to see how many I’ve visited and to hopefully keep updating it:

Sheffield:
Plug (OTR)
Leadmill
Void (Wicker Arches)
Area (Gatecrasher)
Republic
Code
Random warehouse
Magna
O2 academy when Crasher had a few events there

Gatecrasher:
Birmingham
Nottingham
Donnington

England:
Fabric
XOYO to see Picotto in 2018.
Air
Sanctuary
Rainbow Warehouse
Emporium
Passion at the student union when the Emporium closed for a short time.
Mint Warehouse in Leeds
Digital Society @ the o2 in Leeds
A few clubs in Manchester for Wax Format
The club they had in Blackpool.

Abroad:
BCM
Luminosity Beach Festival
Escape in Amsterdam?
Amnesia
Space
Eden
Es Paradis
Tox
Privilege
Bananas (Maga 😂)

Been to loads of town nightclubs and a fair few festivals but the above posts are for actual nights not just your standard Saturday night down town nights.

Best venues:
U.K. - Passion @ The Emporium (it’s still just as good today)

Abroad - Amnesia

Festival - Luminosity Beach Festival. If you’re into your trance music then I’d seriously consider going here.

All the usual ibiza ones so not going to list them. Same with the usual ones still going in Birmingham and digbeth

A few of the older ones from yesteryear

Q Club - best club imo the UK has had.
The royal bath and west showground (dreamscape and then westfest)
Jacks (London)
The Sanctuary (Milton Keynes)
Bagleys
Custard factory

Anybody attend the NEC NYE events that ran for a few years?

Royal bath and west is still going though. I’ll add to the list as I remember them.

Just now seeing this thread for the first time, I am reminded of the fact that my memory is totally shot and I could never make such a list 😂
(also, I've travelled a lot and been clubbing since I was 15!)

Just now seeing this thread for the first time, I am reminded of the fact that my memory is totally shot and I could never make such a list 😂
(also, I've travelled a lot and been clubbing since I was 15!)
We could do a nightclubs we saw you in list?

Hardly any of my clubs will be there anymore.
New York - The Palladium (that was interesting...)
Seville - the 2 clubs in the city in 1995.
Scotland - The Tunnel, The Arches, The Venue
Liverpool - Cream, Voodoo at Le Bateau, Garlands
Leeds - Back to Basics, West Indian Centre
Manchester - The PSV, The Hacienda, Sankeys Soap, The Phoenix, Holy City Zoo, loads more - love that city.
Las Vegas - Hakkasan, Drais, Artemis, Commonwealth, Therapy ...several others trying to find some sort of decent atmosphere there.
Sydney - Sublime, Home, Plastic, Gatecrasher Sydney
My top 3 were Sankeys, Sublime and then Cream.
I'm a bit surprised haven't seen Cream in Liverpool a lot on these lists. There used to be buses from everywhere turning up there.
Next year hoping to go to Eden, Amnesia, Pikes and probably DC10 and Underground.

- Luminosity Beach Festival. If you’re into your trance music then I’d seriously consider going here.
Can you elaborate on what this was like? Saw this but wasn’t tempted by a channel beach, can they get an atmosphere going?. Like Sheffield. Lived there 2002-05. First born still considers herself a Yorkshire lass and not an Aussie.

Seeing as I’m off work with the lurgy I might as well try and get my memory to recall the important clubs/nights I had.
First significant club I went to was Dungeons in North London. 1990. First pill dropped there and it all changed. Wondered all over the place while my mate I went with just sat in the same room with a singular strobe rocking backwards and forwards. The music, happy vibe, lighting made me realise this was for me. Plus it felt naughty. I shouldn’t be doing this but I am.
Astoria. 1990. That summer I met some guys from Fulham when I was in Fuengirola. I kept in touch and our regular meet up was at the Astoria on a Friday night. I used to get there early as I liked watching the place fill up and chat to people before dropping. I had a circular ring that was hollow and I’d keep my Dove in there wrapped in foil. Worked a treat. It was a great venue. The seats upstairs with the red table lights. Dancing on those tables was always fun. Keith Moon bar was sometimes better than the main dance floor.
Soundshaft. 91 maybe. Used to go to a night called Slime Time. This place was the smaller club behind Heaven in Charring Cross. It would be a Wednesday night. How I got to work the following day god only knows. I once had my photo taken there whilst I was tripping and it ended up in ID magazine. I remember one night when it closed we had to leave via Heaven with all the lights on. That was hard work.
Telepathy at Bow. This was a much darker part of my raving days. Music and sound system was immense and you had the likes of Jumpin Jack Frost and others that I can’t remember but it was very hardcore. I’d stick to the dance floor all night. Then one night a bloke got stabbed to death in front of me and that was pretty much the end for me then. I reckon that was 94. Things changed for me then.

Can you elaborate on what this was like? Saw this but wasn’t tempted by a channel beach, can they get an atmosphere going?. Like Sheffield. Lived there 2002-05. First born still considers herself a Yorkshire lass and not an Aussie.
I went in 2013 and from people I know who go yearly, it’s only got better. The main stage is actually on the beach now and the production seems to be a lot better.

This is the closing from this year:

Last edited:
Back